Account weirdness today

Old May 7, 17, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I sure hope DL claws back any GUCs that weren't earned. That's what I intend to worry about. It's hard enough to find upgrade space without it being grabbed by fake DMs.
I have to agree with this. Also, my comp upgrade rate has been pretty abysmal so far this year as a DM. Not looking forward to the increased competition.
Old May 7, 17, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rdrink25 View Post
This is happening to anyone with a reserve card.
I have a Reserve card, and my account has no changes whatsoever.
Old May 7, 17, 12:21 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013 View Post
I have a Reserve card, and my account has no changes whatsoever.
same here
Old May 7, 17, 12:30 pm

Everything is wonky

So:

1. I woke up this morning with 15k more MQMs
2. I now had DM status for 201*8* (which I wasn't even close to achieving).
3. Grabbed my Choice Rewards just to see what happened.
4. Later in the morning, I got an extra 15k MQMs. Weird.
5. Early afternoon, my MQMs rolled back by 35k
6. No status change for 2017 or 18

BUT.

I am a current PM and I checked my numbers for last year. They are WAY off (see graphic).

So it looks like the 35k that was taken back was applied to last year. Which means I should be DM this year.

None of this make sense. But it DOES seem to me this is an AMEX error and not Delta. Haven't got a clue what to think. Just gonna ride it and see what happens.
Attached Images  
Old May 7, 17, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
I think DL-Don would be one of the people *not* impressed by a 2MM tag
I am happy for all those who feel my pain... being any kind of MM.
Old May 7, 17, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Up 60k mqm overnight, now if Delta lets us keep those
Old May 7, 17, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta FO/1.3MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I feel, so, so cheated as I don't have a reserve card. Damn...
Old May 7, 17, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
75,000 MQMs

I am a DM with both Reserve cards, and PM for 2018 so far. My account was created with 5 sets of 15,000 MQM's today and yesterday, backdated to Dec 31st. I am now DM for 2018 and chose one of my gifts. I will make DM this year for 2018 anyway, but it will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Update: Forgot to mention that I hit both thresholds for both my Reserve cards last year and the year before and once so far this year. May not mean anything, but thought I would mention it.

Further Update. They have started reversing the actions. My MM numbers just went back to normal and the 5 different 15,000 MQM bonus on the 31st have gone away. But it still shows the extra rollover miles so my account numbers still include the extra. Only my MM is now back to normal

BTW, I checked the DL website for any tech advisories and it says they are upgrading their email systems May 5-7, so that may play into all this

Last edited by sdbike; May 7, 17 at 2:37 pm Reason: Update
Old May 7, 17, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL D
I received the same "welcome to Diamond" message here in Europe on vacation. PM in mid 2016 with approx 26-27K rollovers (101-102K ending in 2016, with both both 15K reserve goals hit).

At first I thought it was an error as I just got Alaskan Air matching status before leaving. I also thought, maybe, just maybe, the complete and thoughtful surveys I completed made some difference... nah.

My glitch appears to be a repost of 15K MQMs for the $30K thresh on 12/31/16, and then 34K MQM's rollover on 1/1/17. That 34K is close to the total MQM's earned so far in 2017. On my iPhone, I should 34.6K with 40.7K to Plat, while on the computer I show 64.6K with 10K to Plat. None of the numbers completely true up.

I would assume AMEX or DL will reverse this and we'll get an apology letter come Monday.
Old May 7, 17, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by gadams999 View Post
I received the same "welcome to Diamond" message here in Europe on vacation. PM in mid 2016 with approx 26-27K rollovers (101-102K ending in 2016, with both both 15K reserve goals hit).

At first I thought it was an error as I just got Alaskan Air matching status before leaving. I also thought, maybe, just maybe, the complete and thoughtful surveys I completed made some difference... nah.

My glitch appears to be a repost of 15K MQMs for the $30K thresh on 12/31/16, and then 34K MQM's rollover on 1/1/17. That 34K is close to the total MQM's earned so far in 2017. On my iPhone, I should 34.6K with 40.7K to Plat, while on the computer I show 64.6K with 10K to Plat. None of the numbers completely true up.

I would assume AMEX or DL will reverse this and we'll get an apology letter come Monday.
Better be an apology letter and 25,000 skypesos!
Old May 7, 17, 2:03 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Chick-fil-A Red
What really concerns me about this is that it's going to be Delta's IT that ultimately has to fix this. Time for a physical printout of my current activity for when that inevitably gets screwed up.

30k for me so far btw
Old May 7, 17, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I'm now DM for 2017 and PM for 2018 (not really but on paper) so what Choice Benefits will give me the best false sense of satisfaction for a couple of days? Hmmm....
Old May 7, 17, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL GM
"My" GUCs just hit my account. Now what to do? I have a TATL booked in three weeks. I could call and get my upgrade to first but then if Delta takes it back I lose my EC seat.....
Old May 7, 17, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jamiaub View Post
"My" GUCs just hit my account. Now what to do? I have a TATL booked in three weeks. I could call and get my upgrade to first but then if Delta takes it back I lose my EC seat.....
I would wait a couple of days because if losing what you already have is more important to you than the possibility of the "mystery bonus".

If this is an AMEX issue, Amex does not have the right to give you Delta currency and all that goes with it. Amex and DL will correct it, believe me.
Old May 7, 17, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL platinum
Originally Posted by jerryhze View Post
Up 60k mqm overnight, now if Delta lets us keep those
Interesting. My phone app still shows me 15K MQM above where I should be. That's what the website shows earlier today, but now the website shows me 20K MQM BELOW where I should be. Hopefully if they're correcting, they get it right and don't short change us.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: