Account weirdness today

Old May 7, 17, 11:12 am

Programs: Blinged Out
PM for 2017

Got the Reserve card in March, and hit 60k spend last month. Earned both MQM bonuses.

Made DM last week after returning from SJU.

No change in my acct. This must apply to pre-2017 Reserve cardholders.
Old May 7, 17, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta DM .5mm
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
I've never waited more than a couple of hours for GUCs to pop into my account. Good luck!

. . . . . . But, I could see where they might be a little backed up today!
It took my RUCs 24-36 hrs last week to hit.
Old May 7, 17, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta DM .5mm
Has this Mix Up happened to anyone that doesn't have the reserve card?
Old May 7, 17, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
WELL!!!

If I can't impress you with my FAUX Amex MQMs, I'll impress you with my NEWLY MINTED 2MM DM bag tags that came in the mail yesterday!!!

Heavens to Betsy, those tags sure look pretty.

Congrats again.
Old May 7, 17, 11:43 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
WELL!!!

If I can't impress you with my FAUX Amex MQMs, I'll impress you with my NEWLY MINTED 2MM DM bag tags that came in the mail yesterday!!!

Oh look.... SHINY!
Old May 7, 17, 11:47 am

I am just a lowly SM and got a second round of 15k MQM today which triggered the GM status for me. At first I was somewhat disappointed because it was also showing that I was further away from status for 2018. It looks like another round of changes have gone through now though and I'm back to being close to status for 2018 and still am tagged as GM.
Old May 7, 17, 11:48 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Heavens to Betsy, those tags sure look pretty.

Congrats again.
Originally Posted by DL-Don View Post
Oh look.... SHINY!
Thanx!

I think they're actually twice as thick as the 1MM tags!
Old May 7, 17, 11:51 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by rdrink25 View Post
This is just another devaluation on Delta's part. Think how many DM's they are now and PM's.
Maybe, but I'd suspect that a good number of people have yet to hit the PM/DM MQD spend threshold or Amex MQD waiver spend. So it may not be as bad as you think.

I got a second 15K MQM boost today (backdated to 12/31 like the one that posted yesterday) and am now up to 109K MQM's. Still well below both Amex MQD waiver threshold and MQD thresholds though, so no difference in 2018 status.

Last edited by LBJ; May 7, 17 at 12:07 pm
Old May 7, 17, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
WELL!!!

I think DL-Don would be one of the people *not* impressed by a 2MM tag
Old May 7, 17, 11:56 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by SeaHawg View Post
PM for 2017

Got the Reserve card in March, and hit 60k spend last month. Earned both MQM bonuses.

Made DM last week after returning from SJU.

No change in my acct. This must apply to pre-2017 Reserve cardholders.
i got the card in 2016, and nothing unusual happened with my SkyMiles account.
Old May 7, 17, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
I just recently hit $30k in spend and am expecting to get my first round of 15k MQMs when my statement hits. I wonder if the timing of this is related to receiving the mistake MQMs.
Old May 7, 17, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by acrophobia View Post
i got the card in 2016, and nothing unusual happened with my SkyMiles account.
Did you achieve both the $30k and $60k boosts? I wonder if that is a differentiating factor.

Originally Posted by krp453 View Post
I just recently hit $30k in spend and am expecting to get my first round of 15k MQMs when my statement hits. I wonder if the timing of this is related to receiving the mistake MQMs.
​​​​​​​
Doubtful; as mentioned upthread I no longer have a Reserve card, and am not close to $25k on my DL Plat.
Old May 7, 17, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL-PLT, HH Diamond, Hertz#1Gold, Amex (Reserve) (SM-Plat) (HH Surpass)
What the ??...

Been a couple years actually since I've been here, had to stop flying regularly due to several circumstances that I don't need to bore you with.

But firing up the email this morning brought an email from Delta with the existing on making Platinum salutation, and I was all like, What the...??

After logging into my Delta account and not able to figure anything out, I figured I needed to head to the horses's mouth and find out what the experts here had to say. Figured it just couldn't be me and sure enough you folks are all over it.

I had not looked far enough down my activity list to see that they indeed posted two Reserve 15,000 mile MQM deposits and a redeposit of roll-overs and there you go, Platinum.

I have enough Delta cards for my business that I always maintain a Gold level through spending, and don't worry I'm not taking anyone's well-deserved upgrades as I am just not flying but maybe once a year currently.

My current roll-over balance has not changed from prior to this so have not had that problem yet that I see some of you have had. existing, I don't fly so I don't need the upgrade certificates, so I went ahead and choose the 20,000 miles as my one Choice Benefit and I'll wait to see where the dust settles like the rest of you are.

Thanks once again for being a great group that keeps me informed when the need arises, and best of luck to all in this time of computer shenanigans!

Sorry! New Info...

Logged out of my Delta account and then went back in to see if I had missed anything else about benefits in getting the Platinum Upgrade (did get four more drink coupons!) and my current MQM balance has now increased to the new roll-over figure they posted this morning which increased my existing total by 15,000 MQM's.

So for anyone keeping track: I have the Reserve and met the spending limits to get both 15,000 bonuses and did apply them to my account. So was Gold, Now Platinum with an extra 15,000 MQM's in the the account.

Last edited by admanUF; May 7, 17 at 12:27 pm Reason: New Info
Old May 7, 17, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Did you achieve both the $30k and $60k boosts? I wonder if that is a differentiating factor.​​​
Nope, because I got the card late in the year. I bet that is the issue. I also haven't yet reached the boosts this year.
Old May 7, 17, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
My MQMs are up 20K, didn't understand so I called the DM line before seeing this thread and it is an AMEX glitch. As I am getting close to 2MM, I am looking often. My rollover last year was 483K and I just looked after reading this thread more and it says 503K.

Last edited by SYRRDU; May 7, 17 at 12:15 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: