Account weirdness today

Old May 6, 17, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Similar thing for me with an extra 2016 Reserve bonus posted today.

I actually hope it gets fixed. Coming up short of DM last year was fine with me as the rollover basically guaranteed 2 more years of PM. I find that far more desirable than 1 year of DM (or half a year since I've definitely gotten only PM benefits so far in 2017) and 1 year of GM.

I'm guessing that this is just DL IT practicing data loads into their production environment again, especially since it's Saturday.

ETA: New/wrong numbers appear in Android app for me too, along with a virtual DM card and a virtual SC membership card.

ETA again: 2017 DM choice benefits also available to me. I really don't want them. I know everyone's situations are different, but I've found RUCs to be pretty worthless, wouldn't really use GUCs (we mostly use miles and avoid the UG game when fying int'l), already have lounge access through other means, etc.

Due to other life events this year, my flight patterns are thankfully down a bit, so a MR isn't in the cards and I hate the idea of doing them anyway (for myself - wouldn't begrudge anyone else for doing them). Was very excited to keep PM for 2 years to have it for when flying picks back up and to burn more miles next year, so I'll be pretty upset if this sticks and gobbles up my rollover.

Sorry friends, if this doesn't self-correct, I might be the one calling DL....

Last edited by gooselee; May 7, 17 at 6:43 am
Old May 7, 17, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta PM
Account questions

question answered

Last edited by royevans; May 7, 17 at 6:16 am Reason: Answered- pending deletion
Old May 7, 17, 5:50 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Try here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ess-today.html
Old May 7, 17, 6:06 am

Programs: Delta PM
Ah thanks for the link.

Weird. Hope it lasts but assume it won't...should prob delete this ha
Old May 7, 17, 6:09 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by royevans View Post
Ah thanks for the link.

Weird. Hope it lasts but assume it won't...should prob delete this ha
Yes you should, delete this, including the title(or change it)
Old May 7, 17, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
The plus is even if they take away, that DL systems generally don't downgrade you if have been moved up a level. It's only checks when you hit the level.
Old May 7, 17, 7:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Woke up to "Diamond Is Yours" email (was Plat, will never fly enough for diamond). Was hoping for some special present from Delta, then I found this thread

My first stop was choice benefits page, took the 25,000 miles and 8 regional certs (thought about the GUC, but when they come around correcting all these mistakes, I figured it would be easier for them to spot GUCs sitting in a Platinum account rather than RUCs.)

I'm sure they'll take everything away, but one can hope
Old May 7, 17, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by turnpike17 View Post
Woke up to "Diamond Is Yours" email (was Plat, will never fly enough for diamond). Was hoping for some special present from Delta, then I found this thread

My first stop was choice benefits page, took the 25,000 miles and 8 regional certs (thought about the GUC, but when they come around correcting all these mistakes, I figured it would be easier for them to spot GUCs sitting in a Platinum account rather than RUCs.)

I'm sure they'll take everything away, but one can hope
DL systems only upgrade status not downgrade. The going over a threshold triggers the system to check and upgrade you. The system isn't programmed to do that when you go below a threshold.
Old May 7, 17, 8:03 am

Programs: DL PM
I took got the extra 30K MQMs just applied as of Dec 31 last year. Real screw because I had (otherwise) rolled over 48k MQMs to make sure I would stay platinum for next year.

Edit:
Even weirder, it shows that I only have 4k MQMs right now (should be ~29K if they indeed just added 30K to last year), but still have Silver for next year...
Old May 7, 17, 8:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
I am loving this!
Old May 7, 17, 8:25 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
So, am I correct that it seems that this has only happened to Platinums that have the Amex Reserve card?!?
Old May 7, 17, 8:27 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
So, am I correct that it seems that this has only happened to Platinums that have the Amex Reserve card?!?
No, I am a counter-example to that suggestion. I qualified (for real) as a diamond last year, and this also happened to/for me.
Old May 7, 17, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by j.bell View Post
I took got the extra 30K MQMs just applied as of Dec 31 last year. Real screw because I had (otherwise) rolled over 48k MQMs to make sure I would stay platinum for next year.

Edit:
Even weirder, it shows that I only have 4k MQMs right now (should be ~29K if they indeed just added 30K to last year), but still have Silver for next year...
Same here. This is not good news for me.

That is my situation. But, based on some of the math from posts earlier in this thread, it seems like it happened for some DMs as well?
Old May 7, 17, 8:37 am

GM with DL Reserve card here. Got a bump to PM and show my year end rollover posting today along with 30k MQM from reserve that posted today. Probably going to lose it all, but redeemed the choice benefits while I could first.
Old May 7, 17, 8:37 am

OK, but, everybody affected has a Reserve card?

I have a Platinum DL Amex and a DL Platinum Business Amex, where the mileage boosts are only 10K. My account is normal.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: