SDC Question

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 8:11 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
SDC Question

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

As a DM, I make great use of the benefit to change flights within the same for free. This is especially useful when traveling on a first class fare.

My question, Mrs. DL Platinum will be traveling with me and both of us are on an FC fare. Will my DM SDC privileges allow her to get the same free (waived) if the PNR's are linked? Otherwise, it looks like it would be a $75 fee.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

As a DM, I make great use of the benefit to change flights within the same for free. This is especially useful when traveling on a first class fare.

My question, Mrs. DL Platinum will be traveling with me and both of us are on an FC fare. Will my DM SDC privileges allow her to get the same free (waived) if the PNR's are linked? Otherwise, it looks like it would be a $75 fee.
Technically, the waiver does not apply to non-status/Silver companions. Although I believe some have reported getting it waived anyway.

Last edited by xliioper; May 5, 2017 at 9:04 am
Old May 5, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

SDC benefits to not allow for a companion (Silver or lower) to change for free even if you are in the same PNR. Mrs. will have to pay the $75.00 fee.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is Mrs. a kettle or is Mrs. a DL Platinum? OP is now a DM and 3 MM BTW, so this might make waiver of the fee more likely for a nonstatus spouse on the same PNR.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Mrs krlcomm and I travel together on paid F fares (ok, technically GAP but who's counting ) and have SDC'd numerous times without any issues. Did a co-terminal SDC once too (both ways on a RT ticket) without any questions.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Mrs krlcomm and I travel together on paid F fares (ok, technically GAP but who's counting ) and have SDC'd numerous times without any issues. Did a co-terminal SDC once too (both ways on a RT ticket) without any questions.
GAP are FC fares. Have been this way for just over a year. You are even entitled to downgrade compensation if downgraded.

Technically for SDC both need to be eligible, reality as is normal with DL varies.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:03 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Technically your wife would have to pay the fee. However, I would say in about 50% of the time, the Diamond line forgets to collect it or the agents at the airport don't charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.