FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   No lounge access at JFK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1840682-no-lounge-access-jfk.html)

Matthijs Otterloo May 4, 2017 1:48 pm

No lounge access at JFK

Hey!

Just wondering, how strict the rules really are regarding lounge access?
I'm under aged and I tried entering the Delta Lounge at Terminal 4 (JFK), but was denied access due to my age?! I'm a Delta Platinum Medallion member and can usually access lounges without a problem.

Any experiences with this?

Matthijs

thesaints May 4, 2017 1:50 pm

Did they tell you age was the problem ? PM's do not enjoy lounge access, unless other conditions are met.

SfoDtwFlr May 4, 2017 2:19 pm

What is the age requirement? I don't remember ever having a problem back in the late 90s early 2000s when you got free access for PM and I was in my late teens through 20.

fliesdelta May 4, 2017 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by SfoDtwFlr (Post 28268482)
What is the age requirement? I don't remember ever having a problem back in the late 90s early 2000s when you got free access for PM and I was in my late teens through 20.

21 and over for lounges with self-service booze.

indufan May 4, 2017 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 28268502)
21 and over for lounges with self-service booze.

Some states require it to be 21 even without self-service booze.

scongro May 4, 2017 2:25 pm

JFK isn't a self service lounge (neither of them). Are you sure it was your age? How would you normally qualify?

I'm assuming NYS/NYC doesn't have some bizzare rule about people under 21 if no adult is around. I was never in an airport lounges when I was under 21.

flyerCO May 4, 2017 2:26 pm

If youre the real Mattijs Otterloo then youre not just under 21, but under 18. Also you look even younger them what your age is. Although in general they dont enforce it at locations with no self service alcohol.

Pharaoh May 4, 2017 2:47 pm

From delta.com:

. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age for Club membership or access without a responsible, supervising adult.
. Must be 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a responsible, supervising adult who is also a Club member. Local age restrictions apply in non-US locations.

Smaug May 4, 2017 2:53 pm

What route were you flying?

Often1 May 4, 2017 2:57 pm

Why doesn't OP come back and explain how it is that he qualifies for lounge access.

The rest of this thread is all speculation.

Grouchy May 4, 2017 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Smaug (Post 28268668)
What route were you flying?

I suspect this route, copy + paste coming up ;):

Wanneer: 25 Mei
Route: AMS - JFK
Airline: KLM
Klasse: World Business Class
Miles: FlyingBlue

Wanneer: 27 Mei
Route: JFK - SFO
Airline: Delta
Klasse: One
Miles: Skymiles

Wanneer: 15 Juni
Route: SFO - LAX

Wanneer: 16 Juni
Route: LAX - JFK

Wanneer: 19 Juni
Route: JFK - AMS
Airline: KLM
Klasse: World Business Class
Miles: Flyingblue

And since OP is not 18 yet this rule may keep him out:
Individuals must be at least 18 years of age for Club membership or access without a responsible, supervising adult.
Stop shaving yourself 2 days before departure might help get you in?

keitherson May 4, 2017 5:59 pm

Just go find a random over-21 adult flying Delta and guest them in for free at the same time.

acrophobia May 4, 2017 6:22 pm

Well I've been in that lounge numerous times with my toddler, so I doubt age was the issue.

mysterym May 4, 2017 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by acrophobia (Post 28269443)
Well I've been in that lounge numerous times with my toddler, so I doubt age was the issue.

you obviously didnt read a few posts up where its explained anyone below 18 needs to be accompanied...

TheLifeOfA_NKCM May 4, 2017 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Matthijs Otterloo (Post 28268330)
Hey!

Just wondering, how strict the rules really are regarding lounge access?
I'm under aged and I tried entering the Delta Lounge at Terminal 4 (JFK), but was denied access due to my age?! I'm a Delta Platinum Medallion member and can usually access lounges without a problem.

Any experiences with this?

Matthijs

T4 isn't a self service lounge, so if you were 18 or older this shouldn't have been an issue. How old are you? My best advice would be to check the SC thread regularly and see if any other FTrs are offering access. Unfortunately, I understand why DL does this as the lounges are already crowded as it is. If an FTr isn't available show them that your PM in the least dykwia way possible and hope for the best.