Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort+ seat poachers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by mpheels
That isn't your call to make. Airlines are not going to routinely pay VDB/IDB compensation and fly with empty seats. If they have 5 open C+ seats after upgrades processed and 5 people waiting for seat assignments, then someone is flying in C+ without paying/"earning" the upgrade. GAs will (generally) move passengers to better seats based on a range of criteria, but sometimes they need to put butts in seats as quickly and seamlessly as possible. Both airlines and passengers are taking a gamble with seat assignment at check in/boarding - sometimes the airline wins and they sell just enough super cheap tickets to fill the crappy seats. Sometimes the passenger wins, and they get a free C+ upgrade because it was the only open seat, all upgrades were processed, and the GA was short on time.
Obviously it isn't my call to make, nor yours. This is just a forum for people to state their opinions. You've stated legitimate airline business reasons for assigning C+ seats that people haven't bought or earned. What I object to are self upgraders and seat shifters who are not policed by the FAs and people like the poster who said he sometimes pays but usually gets the upgrade free simply by asking the GA. Those are the kinds of situations that devalue the point of purchasing the upgrade, IMHO.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Woman on my flight just sat down next to me in 7A with a boarding pass for 8B. Normally wouldn't care as much but 7A was to be one of the few empty seats on this CR900 and I need to get some work done and was looking forward to the extra desk space (I'm in 7B). Her seat wasn't reassigned, as the seat map still shows vacant at departure.

Sure doesn't make me want to pay for it when people just poach and get away with it.

Not gonna call her out on it as I don't want her returned to 8B and have her kick me the whole flight.
I pay for Comfort+ and have heard annoyncements that if you are not ticketed for this cabin to return to your assigned seat.

Delta could use the same POS to have the poacher pay and rightfully so it should be listed on the manifest who paid for what. A simple chrck of the boarding pass and no one seated in 36 E Basic Economy seat would put the poacher to shame. Pay up or move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.