Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort+ seat poachers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can show it to the FA and not the other passenger. It's not always a good idea to show your name and other personal information (like whether you have a Reserve card or your FF status) to a stranger.
The FA is a stranger too.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Forget about whatever info is on it, what gives a random passenger the authority to request seeing someone else's boarding pass? I'm not showing it simply because, I don't have to and it's none of your business.
You can't claim to be the rightful owner of a seat without being willing to show your boarding pass...If the situation was reversed and the poacher gets there first, are you going to just accept that he/she says they have the seat? "it's on my boarding pass, no you cannot see my boarding pass."

Is anyone here going to just accept that? Anyone here just going to accept it's a duplicated seat and be ok with being re-seated? Because that's essentially what you're telling the other passenger...just trust me, it's my seat.

I wouldn't even trust that from my kid , "Yes my room is clean, no you can't go check it."
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
The FA is a stranger too.
You're a stranger, so I can't listen to anything you say. Therefore, FA is not a stranger.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by kop84
You can't claim to be the rightful owner of a seat without being willing to show your boarding pass...If the situation was reversed and the poacher gets there first, are you going to just accept that he/she says they have the seat? "it's on my boarding pass, no you cannot see my boarding pass."

Is anyone here going to just accept that? Anyone here just going to accept it's a duplicated seat and be ok with being re-seated? Because that's essentially what you're telling the other passenger...just trust me, it's my seat.

I wouldn't even trust that from my kid , "Yes my room is clean, no you can't go check it."
Obviously, if you're the rightful "owner" of the seat and a poacher is in it, you show them your boarding pass and say "get out of my seat"
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Obviously, if you're the rightful "owner" of the seat and a poacher is in it, you show them your boarding pass and say "get out of my seat"
But what if they say this is my seat, my boarding pass says so...but no you cannot look at it.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
Unless the seat is assigned to you, it's none of your business.

If you want to play Junior FA, report it to the FA. If you don't, then let it go. Someone else got a freebie and it's tough on you.

It wasn't yours to begin with.

When other passengers try to tell me about what they thing policies and rules are, I ignore them. There are all kinds of nuts out there these days. Some are just harmless cranks interfering where it's not their business. Others turn violent. I have no desire to find out.
Recently flew LAX to PVG. After the door closed, a FA came through C+ and put a sticker on each empty C+ seat. The middle seat next to me was empty. She told me that no one was supposed to sit there and to let her know if someone tried to. No one did, so I didn't have to stick my nose into someone else's business.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by utahsnow
Recently flew LAX to PVG. After the door closed, a FA came through C+ and put a sticker on each empty C+ seat. The middle seat next to me was empty. She told me that no one was supposed to sit there and to let her know if someone tried to. No one did, so I didn't have to stick my nose into someone else's business.
An elegantly simple solution to the problem. ^
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
An elegantly simple solution to the problem. ^
what if someone just removes the sticker?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:19 pm
pvn
Suspended

But what if they say this is my seat, my boarding pass says so...but no you cannot look at it.
I have a hard time believing that anyone who has over 2000 posts on flyertalk would actually not know what to do in this situation.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
I have a hard time believing that anyone who has over 2000 posts on flyertalk would actually not know what to do in this situation.
My point was the previously in the thread someone said that if they were in their proper seat there was no reason to show their boarding pass as it has personal information on it....I was simply turning the argument on it's head when if the reverse happened and that person said they were in their rightful seat but refused to show their boarding pass....and how it was not practical to insist on being right but refusing to show your boarding pass.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:36 pm
pvn
Suspended

Whether you think a person should have to show you their boarding pass whenever you demand it and what you do if they are in your seat are separate issues.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvn
what if someone just removes the sticker?
I try to post something positive, and this is the response I get....

Granted, I would equate the sticker to a front door lock... a lock only keeps honest people out of your house.

Willful removal of the sticker establishes the culpability of the miscreant.

One would hope that the FA would then show up with her/his credit card reader, saying something to the effect of "Now that you have shown your intent to purchase the upgrade, here is the cost..."

Hopefully, DL is prudent enough to print something on the sticker that would support that course of action.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:42 pm

Obviously you then get the FA involved

If a stranger asks for my Driver License I don't show it to them. If the stranger is in my driveway I show them be Driver License and tell them to get out of my yard. If they don't budge I also get the proper authorities involved. Simple

And I'm sure there's some Texas Hold'em poker analogy...If I need to prove I won the hand I show my cards. If I don't need to prove, as everyone else has folded, I don't show my cards, even if they ask to see them
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<deleted>
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta, United
So what about premium seats? Recently flying TPAC long haul had seats in row 44 which has great legroom in a 3x3x3 config. SO in the window, me in the aisle, and no one in the middle. Great for a 12 hour flight.

Before the boarding door closes a guy asks about the middle seat from a couple of rows backs. Damn. He is in the aisle seat with no one in the middle and a person at the window who just opened some aroma therapy scents that we too can smell.

I reply, I do not believe anyone is sitting there but my wife and I are in the aisle/window. Then I quickly reply that the seat is a premium seat for medallions. I then remember looking at the seat map and noting that further up there is middle set of 3 seats with only one person and mention that to him as an alternative.

Boarding door closes. He stays, saying he is fine there as the vents come on full blast and disperse the smell. Which was good for everyone.

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Jul 26, 2017 at 6:30 pm Reason: typos of course

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.