FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Economy Boarding Pass No Show On App (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1839485-economy-boarding-pass-no-show-app.html)

Wmichael Apr 28, 2017 10:40 am

Economy Boarding Pass No Show On App

Afer November 2016 I can no longer receive a boarding pass when clicking check in on the app for my economy ticket forcing me to get a paper ticket from the kiosk to get through TSA. Do you have a workaround instead of purchasing a main cabin ticket?

mnbp Apr 28, 2017 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Wmichael (Post 28241418)
Afer November 2016 I can no longer receive a boarding pass when clicking check in on the app for my economy ticket forcing me to get a paper ticket from the kiosk to get through TSA. Do you have a workaround instead of purchasing a main cabin ticket?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the DL app?

Widgets Apr 28, 2017 10:42 am

Do you have a seat assignment? Mobile boarding passes require a seat assignment.

Wmichael Apr 28, 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by mnbp (Post 28241432)
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the DL app?

Yes, I have reinstalled the app. Thank you.

Wmichael Apr 28, 2017 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 28241435)
Do you have a seat assignment? Mobile boarding passes require a seat assignment.

No seat assignment until I go to the ticket counter, kiosk, or gate agent.

Delta support said to me after I posted this thread, economy tickets do not receive boarding passes on the app without first visiting the ticket counter, kiosk, or gate agent.

Widgets Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Wmichael (Post 28241647)
No seat assignment until I go to the ticket counter, kiosk, or gate agent.

Delta support said to me after I posted this thread, economy tickets do not receive boarding passes on the app without first visiting the ticket counter, kiosk, or gate agent.

That's not true. You can't get a boarding pass until you have a seat assignment. You'll only have a seat assignment at the gate if you checkin online without a seat.

Wmichael Apr 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Wmichael (Post 28241418)

Tweeted to me from Delta: "At this time, the Basic Economy fare is not associated with a QR code in the app as your seat is assigned at the gate. *JC"

Ug.

Before November 2016 my boarding pass (seat assignment and QR code) would appear in my app.

jamiestr Apr 28, 2017 9:24 pm

You're flying on Basic Economy, Delta's cheapest ticket, which competes with low fare airlines, like Spirit, Frontier, and Southwest. If you want a seat assignment before then, then purchase Main Cabin, which usually isn't much more.

matthew64832 Apr 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Yeah, main cabin is usually only 20-30 dollars more. Recommend staying away from basic economy if you want a boarding pass or seat assignment in advance.

Wmichael Apr 29, 2017 6:49 am

Yes I have learned around November 2016 features were taken from economy and moved to main cabin.

Thank you all for your comments.

javabytes Apr 29, 2017 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Wmichael (Post 28244445)
Yes I have learned around November 2016 features were taken from economy and moved to main cabin.

Thank you all for your comments.

Economy and Main Cabin are one and the same. Basic Economy is a new (essentially Economy Minus) class where you do not receive advance seat assignments and certain other aspects that Economy/Main Cabin tickets still retain.

Wmichael Apr 29, 2017 8:18 am

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 28244619)
Economy and Main Cabin are one and the same. Basic Economy is a new (essentially Economy Minus) class where you do not receive advance seat assignments and certain other aspects that Economy/Main Cabin tickets still retain.

Thank you.

Often1 Apr 29, 2017 9:03 am

OP - You are confusing two different things. You keep referring to "Economy". That is the "Main Cabin". You are traveling on a fare code known as "Basic Economy". It is simply a cheap fare basis which will seat you in the Economy cabin.

As many have noted, Basic Economy comes with many restrictions. One of them is the inability to obtain an advance seat assignment. Whether saving $20-30 is worth it to you is a decision only you can make.