Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Launches LSTN Headphones in D1 and PS

Delta Launches LSTN Headphones in D1 and PS

Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:55 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
These are really, really terrible. Had them on LAX-HNL today. On first inspection I was delighted to see something new! I just flew DTW-LAX earlier in the week and had the standard issue earbuds, I wasn't aware they had these.

I have larger than average ears and so often find that many over-the-ear headphones end up putting pressure on my ear and give me a headache. Bose (AA) is one of the few that doesn't. I travel with my own in-ear Shure earbuds and love them. I have adapters to ensure they work nicely with 2-prong airline plugs. Back to Shure for my DL flights.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dll
I travel with my own in-ear Shure earbuds and love them.
Which model of Shure earbuds are you so happy with?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by dll
These are really, really terrible.
But are they worse than what Delta had before? Me thinks not.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
I always fly with my Bose QC so I don't normally care about the provided headphones. But I tried the LSTN as they were new on my last flight.

They are terrible! There is absolutely no active NC and it does a poor job of passive noise isolation. The audio quality is abysmal too. This may be due to the fact that you can hear the full sound of the plane while wearing them...

Due to some sort of (fortunate) mixup, my SO received United headphones inside the provided LSTN bag and they were noticibly better than the LSTN ones.

I will continue to bring my own headphones.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
They're definitlsy worse. The old ones were bad... but these somehow manage to both sound worse and be less comfortable for me.

i tried them for all of 2 minutes on my last D1 flight before going back to my super comfy, great sounding in ear bose soundsports.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The old ones were definitely better!! The difference is day and night, especially for me, since I work in the audio industry. Active Noise Cancellation headphones were invented back in the days before silicone gel were inexpensive to produce. A good silicone gel tip earbud isolates (blocks) enough cabin noise (if it's a good fit) that Active Noise Cancellation is almost not needed but some people like find it "stuffy" for a long flight. I use Sony active cancellation headphones because they are quite good and cheap, that i can replace without feeling guilty like replacing Bose. Bose makes good headphones but advanced digital signal processing technologies makes it possible for cheap brands to make really good active cancellation headphones, so Bose, in my opinion, is quite overrated by today's standard. My $45 Sony corded active cancellation headphone produces great sounds, and have fairly good noise cancellation (if you put it on right) that it beats my Bose...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.