Sax on a Plane!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Sax on a Plane!

Kenny G on DL flight TPA to LAX.

Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:48 pm

Delta was bound to get its own viral video of an onboard incident this month. Luckily it was a different kind
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:48 pm

Do you think they could have raised more than the $2K if the promised not to play? Or keep playing until the $2K was reached? Seems like it would have gone faster than way

But seriously, good on him for agreeing to help out for charity in an obviously impromptu fashion.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Frankly, I'm sort of surprised some knucklehead didn't cause a scene and complain.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by MEMLawGuy
Frankly, I'm sort of surprised some knucklehead didn't cause a scene and complain.
Would be interesting to see if DL got a complaint about it.

That would be one heck of a response for DL to have to write...let me give it a shot.

"We at Delta apologize for having a famous musician help us raise money for charity by playing his instrument for 90 seconds, here is a total refund, status match to UA, and 1 million miles....wait, no sorry, You'll get nothing and like it!"
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by MEMLawGuy
The thread is still young 😂

Perhaps it would be "against doctor's orders" to complain about sax on a plane...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:04 pm

I like Kenny G. I've got most of his albums.
If only he was on my flights.. the really long ones but he would then have problem playing on a big plane and ensuring everyone hears the performance.
No bodyguards?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
That would have been a flight that they would have had to drag me kicking and screaming to get ON the plane.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:26 pm

This could have been a very clever, planned marketing move by Delta. Maybe that's giving a little too much credit to their communications/marketing/publicity people, but its not outside the realm of possibilities.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
This could have been a very clever, planned marketing move by Delta. Maybe that's giving a little too much credit to their communications/marketing/publicity people, but its not outside the realm of possibilities.
It's a new DL enhancement.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
When DL tweeted about this the other day there were some funny responses...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
Nope - an off-duty FA was seated next to him and they struck up a conversation. She mentioned the Delta Relay for Life fundraising for the American Cancer Society and how she was the captain of a team of FA's and Medallions. The team is named for her daughter who died from cancer about two years ago.

Completely spontaneous.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Pretty cool!

But... HATE those visual cabin dividers! Bring back the real cabin dividers!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Was that a personal item? Shouldn't it have been stowed? Preferably in cargo?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EditingFX
Was that a personal item? Shouldn't it have been stowed? Preferably in cargo?
Kenny G is opposed to having his sax in the cargo area. Kenny G likes his sax in the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.