Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
Yes, but I think when you book on the website it still says 'business' for those domestic routes. Normally if the bucket is FPAG it says first, and JCDIZ says business or D1.
They've been labeling correctly for at least a few months.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I assume that even though I am now in "first" instead of business, I will still get lounge access?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by justforfun
I assume that even though I am now in "first" instead of business, I will still get lounge access?
Yes.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Just in MSP only however. There isn't a SkyTeam lounge in KEF, so you're aware.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by bonoman

Yup, all they gave me was a meal ticket for a brcky option at one of the airport stalls in lieu of a lounge.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Yup, all they gave me was a meal ticket for a brcky option at one of the airport stalls in lieu of a lounge.
That's probably better than the buffet in a lounge.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Has anyone had any luck getting a complimentary upgrade on this route?

I've thought about just buying an entire row of economy seats as the airfares to Iceland, on Delta and other airlines, can be super-cheap.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:21 am

In KEF I was given a lounge invite to Icelandair's Saga lounge.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by justforfun
In KEF I was given a lounge invite to Icelandair's Saga lounge.
Not a SC lounge, but I have heard that is a decent one. How did you snag a pass?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:30 am

Not a SC lounge, but I have heard that is a decent one. How did you snag a pass?
Maybe there's a new policy? There was a stack of DL invites at the Saga Lounge. Was flying revenue business, no status.

Lounge is very attractive and comfortable. Decent food and beverage offerings.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
I flew the route last week in Business (specifically paid coach and using a GUC) and received an invite to the lounge.

I was largely expecting domestic F service and was pleasantly surprised with D1 Pillows, duvets, and amenity kits. They also had D1 alcohol kits. There is a single meal service which is breakfast (in both directions) which is about 2 hours before landing eastbound and right away westbound. The one thing that was definitely not D1 was the domestic first class seat.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMH Flyer2
I flew the route last week in Business (specifically paid coach and using a GUC) and received an invite to the lounge.

I was largely expecting domestic F service and was pleasantly surprised with D1 Pillows, duvets, and amenity kits. They also had D1 alcohol kits. There is a single meal service which is breakfast (in both directions) which is about 2 hours before landing eastbound and right away westbound. The one thing that was definitely not D1 was the domestic first class seat.
Where are you supposed to store all that stuff? DL should just mod a few more 757s into the lie-flat configuration.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMH Flyer2

Unless you needed to burn the certificates, was this really a wise use of global upgrade certificates?

A few weeks back, Delta was selling economy-class airfare from New York-J.F.K. to Iceland for under $400. You could have bought an entire row of economy seats and had more room because of the moveable armrests.

If I absolutely had to fly up-front, I would have used miles, not a certificate.

Also, was it an actual domestic first-class seat or was it the older business-elite seats that used to fly to Europe?

I'm surprised the meal on the return flight was breakfast as the flight to J.F.K. leaves at 10:55 a.m. Iceland time. That's basically lunch hour when you figure the meal is being served around noon.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:01 am
Suspended

By the way, I'm seeing business-class airfares to Iceland from Washington, Chicago, and New York airports for under $1,800 through October, according to a search on Google Flights. You could use pay-with-miles to make it even cheaper.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider

I'm surprised the meal on the return flight was breakfast as the flight to J.F.K. leaves at 10:55 a.m. Iceland time. That's basically lunch hour when you figure the meal is being served around noon.
It's not. It's lunch. Today's options included beef tenderloin and a pasta (forget the third).
And the seat sadly is domestic first, not old business recliners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.