Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF)

Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF)

Old Apr 13, 18, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
So any idea if miles or RUCs will suffice, or is it GUCs only to upgrade JFK-KEF? Depending on where you look on DL, this cabin simultaneously being classified as Premium (First) and Premium Select (essentially Premium Economy).

-FlyerBeek
Old May 23, 18, 11:58 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
This post was back from February. The price has dropped to $1,400 most days I checked. What is really bad here is they are scheduled to be operated by the 75P during the summer which has the same exit layout of the 75S but DL choose not to convert them into 75S and instead into a small sublet of only 5 aircrafts. We wouldn't have to worry about flat-bed D1 seats not being available on all European routes if DL would have just made these into 75S but instead DL now has a shortage of 75S and we get this instead.
I flew a 75P SEA-MSP which was then heading to KEF. I liked it on Comfort+ well enough and I'd fly on it again.

I am thinking about a trip to Iceland in February - northern lights - winter activities. Fares from MSN are $800-$1000 RT coach but $1400 or so RT up front. It includes domestic First on connecting segments. Is this a more reasonable price? Or still too high? I know, a subjective question but I'm wondering what people think.
Old May 24, 18, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by blitzcon View Post
I flew a 75P SEA-MSP which was then heading to KEF. I liked it on Comfort+ well enough and I'd fly on it again.

I am thinking about a trip to Iceland in February - northern lights - winter activities. Fares from MSN are $800-$1000 RT coach but $1400 or so RT up front. It includes domestic First on connecting segments. Is this a more reasonable price? Or still too high? I know, a subjective question but I'm wondering what people think.
I would be tempted to buy up for only $400 more.
Old Jul 15, 18, 3:13 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Old Jul 15, 18, 3:51 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Old Aug 17, 18, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Formerly UA 1P/Gold, Hilton Gold
Has anyone flown to KEF in Premium Select? I'm curious about the hard/soft product experience. Specifically:
- Is it any better than domestic F?
- Does it offer the new Premium Select seating, or is it just domestic F being sold as Premium Select?
- What are pillows blankets like
- etc.
Old Aug 17, 18, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by pauly_long View Post
Has anyone flown to KEF in Premium Select? I'm curious about the hard/soft product experience. Specifically:
- Is it any better than domestic F?
- Does it offer the new Premium Select seating, or is it just domestic F being sold as Premium Select?
- What are pillows blankets like
- etc.
It's the same as Domestic F-. But doable for 5.5 hours.
Old Feb 6, 19, 4:59 pm
Original Member

I am confused on the type of plane used on JFK-KEF for this summer. I see that the front cabin is sold as Premium Select (so no Sky Club access). They are showing the configuration as 20 PS (5 rows of 4) and Comfort+ as rows 15-22. If I match that configuration up to Seat Guru - it looks like the 20 PS seats are lie flats (Seat Guru may be wrong - the top part says recliner and bottom part says lie flat)? Someone commented that it was domestic F (which I dont think would be lie flat). Just wondering if I am missing something - or is Seat Guru just wrong. Thanks.

Delta 757P
Old Mar 11, 19, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY View Post
I am confused on the type of plane used on JFK-KEF for this summer. I see that the front cabin is sold as Premium Select (so no Sky Club access). They are showing the configuration as 20 PS (5 rows of 4) and Comfort+ as rows 15-22. If I match that configuration up to Seat Guru - it looks like the 20 PS seats are lie flats (Seat Guru may be wrong - the top part says recliner and bottom part says lie flat)? Someone commented that it was domestic F (which I dont think would be lie flat). Just wondering if I am missing something - or is Seat Guru just wrong. Thanks.

Delta 757P
Flew in November 2018. Made the mistake to pick bulk head. Horrible. Seats had hardly any recline. Definitely not lie flat. Definitely no foot rest. No access to Lounge at JFK except via Amex Plat. I donít even want to remember how much we paid for our seats. Plus we had cloudy skies and did not see Northern Lights all week!
Old Mar 11, 19, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by LinLant View Post

Flew in November 2018. Made the mistake to pick bulk head. Horrible. Seats had hardly any recline. Definitely not lie flat. Definitely no foot rest. No access to Lounge at JFK except via Amex Plat. I donít even want to remember how much we paid for our seats. Plus we had cloudy skies and did not see Northern Lights all week!
To be fair, you don't have much to complain about, unless it was a different aircraft configuration when you booked. I've never seen the 757s advertised as having foot rests at each seat. I've never had any issue with the recline, though as you said the legroom in row one isn't necessarily the greatest. As for lounge access, again, I don't think it was ever advertised as having Sky Club access. So, what's the complaint?

I agree with your objection that it's an inferior product, but you presumably knew what the product was when you booked the ticket. Again, this would be completely different if you had booked the ticket when the forward cabin was still Delta One business-class.
Old Mar 11, 19, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
To be fair, you don't have much to complain about, unless it was a different aircraft configuration when you booked. I've never seen the 757s advertised as having foot rests at each seat. I've never had any issue with the recline, though as you said the legroom in row one isn't necessarily the greatest. As for lounge access, again, I don't think it was ever advertised as having Sky Club access. So, what's the complaint?

I agree with your objection that it's an inferior product, but you presumably knew what the product was when you booked the ticket. Again, this would be completely different if you had booked the ticket when the forward cabin was still Delta One business-class.
There are some 757s that have been reconfigured as D1 (light IMO) IIRC with 16 flat bed seats in a 2-2 configuration, but with the seats slightly staggered and slightly angled. They're used for certain TATL routes as well as the LAX-JFK etc. domestic D1 routes.
Old Jun 3, 19, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post

Looking at flying to Iceland next week actually and Delta does in fact market this as having footrests in prem select. I also noticed they say the MSP-KEF flight only has Breakfast as a meal service. Is this true?
Old Jun 4, 19, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Looking at flying to Iceland next week actually and Delta does in fact market this as having footrests in prem select. I also noticed they say the MSP-KEF flight only has Breakfast as a meal service. Is this true?
The one time I flew it, this was true. No meal after takeoff, but about 2 hours out they served breakfast.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: