Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF)

Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF)

Old Aug 21, 17, 10:23 am
  #61  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by justforfun View Post
It's not. It's lunch. Today's options included beef tenderloin and a pasta (forget the third).
What lovely choices -- not.

An earlier commentator said it was breakfast both directions.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Jan 8, 18, 3:16 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Cheese Country
Programs: DL MM
Posts: 518
Was checking for Feb 1, 2018 and noticed bird is flat using a 757. Out of JFK. Seat map says F, Comfort and Main.

Checked a few dates in summer out of MSPand JFK. Using a domestic 757, they are not selling First, just Basic, Main and Comfort. Seat map lists Main, Comfort and "Premium Select"
ChrisMoss7 is offline  
Old Jan 8, 18, 4:09 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: DCA
Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 5,871
Originally Posted by ChrisMoss7 View Post
Was checking for Feb 1, 2018 and noticed bird is flat using a 757. Out of JFK. Seat map says F, Comfort and Main.

Checked a few dates in summer out of MSPand JFK. Using a domestic 757, they are not selling First, just Basic, Main and Comfort. Seat map lists Main, Comfort and "Premium Select"
Yeah DL decided to realign the classes of service on some of the shorter TATL routes. The premium cabin is being sold as premium economy, but my guess would be that service will be similar to standard domestic first, with the addition of sparkling wine. I'm guessing that the Westin bedding is gone.
KDCAflyer is offline  
Old Jan 8, 18, 4:44 pm
  #64  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by ChrisMoss7 View Post
Was checking for Feb 1, 2018 and noticed bird is flat using a 757. Out of JFK. Seat map says F, Comfort and Main.

Checked a few dates in summer out of MSPand JFK. Using a domestic 757, they are not selling First, just Basic, Main and Comfort. Seat map lists Main, Comfort and "Premium Select"
What was the price difference?
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 2:54 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 727
Can you use miles to upgrade to "Premium Select" on MSP to KEF?
bcosinteno is online now  
Old Feb 16, 18, 8:35 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Posts: 580
Originally Posted by bcosinteno View Post
Can you use miles to upgrade to "Premium Select" on MSP to KEF?
As far as I know, there isn't Premium Select on any flights to KEF right now. It's only available on the A350, which is used on a limited number of flights to Asia.
anon2k2 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 8:41 am
  #67  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL-Platinum UA-Silver
Posts: 322
Originally Posted by anon2k2 View Post
As far as I know, there isn't Premium Select on any flights to KEF right now. It's only available on the A350, which is used on a limited number of flights to Asia.
Delta sells Domestic 757 First Class seats on this route as Premium Select,
Did a quick Delta.com search to double check
Random July Dates
Main Cabin: $575
Comfort +: $753
Premium Select: $2,400 (LOL)
Keith2004 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 11:12 am
  #68  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Posts: 3,703
Originally Posted by anon2k2 View Post
As far as I know, there isn't Premium Select on any flights to KEF right now. It's only available on the A350, which is used on a limited number of flights to Asia.
Not just Asia. Iíve been looking at flights to AMS this spring and seeing DTW-AMS flights on the A350 with the Premium Select seating.
CarmenOM is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 11:32 am
  #69  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,791
Well 'premium select' is basically just the domestic F seats anyway, but that price is crazy.
Keith2004 likes this.
rylan is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 11:44 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL-Platinum UA-Silver
Posts: 322
Originally Posted by CarmenOM View Post


Not just Asia. Iíve been looking at flights to AMS this spring and seeing DTW-AMS flights on the A350 with the Premium Select seating.
Yup, the 4:14 pm departure switches to 350 starting April.
I lucked out cause i bought D1 on this route when it was still loaded as 330, best schedule change note I ever got
Keith2004 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 11:55 am
  #71  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Well 'premium select' is basically just the domestic F seats anyway, but that price is crazy.
And it's basically the same price as before, at least a discounted business-class airfare. I'd pay $1500 to fly up-front to Iceland, but that's it.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Apr 13, 18, 3:54 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: WAS
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Posts: 3,913
Any updates on this route post-4/1 upgrade changes? I might be flying JFK-KEF next week, 757 W5H configuration (defintiely NOT D1 seats)... any idea if it's possible to upgrade to F ("Premium Select") using either miles or RUCs? This route is an oddity - really should be treated like non-D1 northern South America routes in my opinion (which truly doesn't matter).

-FlyerBeek
FlyerBeek is offline  
Old Apr 13, 18, 6:02 pm
  #73  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Any updates on this route post-4/1 upgrade changes? I might be flying JFK-KEF next week, 757 W5H configuration (defintiely NOT D1 seats)... any idea if it's possible to upgrade to F ("Premium Select") using either miles or RUCs? This route is an oddity - really should be treated like non-D1 northern South America routes in my opinion (which truly doesn't matter).

-FlyerBeek
I checked Google Flights. Unfortunately, Delta's comfort-plus is being coded as "premium" and, as a result, Google Flights can't book you a premium-economy (what Delta calls premium-select) ticket.

Economy-class airfares were around $400 and comfort-plus were around $680. When I went to Delta.com to buy a dummy comfort-plus ticket, Delta.com gave me an up-sell to premium-economy for $638.50 each way or $1,958 total.

There's no way I'd pay $1958 for it. I'd rather just buy either row 26 or row 27 of economy-class at $400-ish per seat. I could then have a poor man's lie-flat bed.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Apr 13, 18, 6:20 pm
  #74  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 7,317
Originally Posted by Keith2004 View Post
Delta sells Domestic 757 First Class seats on this route as Premium Select,
Did a quick Delta.com search to double check
Random July Dates
Main Cabin: $575
Comfort +: $753
Premium Select: $2,400 (LOL)
are you kidding me on that premium select pricing? what are they smoking in atlanta?!
AANYC1981 is offline  
Old Apr 13, 18, 6:42 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: St. Cloud, FL
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 2,768
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
are you kidding me on that premium select pricing? what are they smoking in atlanta?!
This post was back from February. The price has dropped to $1,400 most days I checked. What is really bad here is they are scheduled to be operated by the 75P during the summer which has the same exit layout of the 75S but DL choose not to convert them into 75S and instead into a small sublet of only 5 aircrafts. We wouldn't have to worry about flat-bed D1 seats not being available on all European routes if DL would have just made these into 75S but instead DL now has a shortage of 75S and we get this instead.
MCO Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: