Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by justforfun
It's not. It's lunch. Today's options included beef tenderloin and a pasta (forget the third).
What lovely choices -- not.

An earlier commentator said it was breakfast both directions.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
Was checking for Feb 1, 2018 and noticed bird is flat using a 757. Out of JFK. Seat map says F, Comfort and Main.

Checked a few dates in summer out of MSPand JFK. Using a domestic 757, they are not selling First, just Basic, Main and Comfort. Seat map lists Main, Comfort and "Premium Select"
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChrisMoss7
Was checking for Feb 1, 2018 and noticed bird is flat using a 757. Out of JFK. Seat map says F, Comfort and Main.

Checked a few dates in summer out of MSPand JFK. Using a domestic 757, they are not selling First, just Basic, Main and Comfort. Seat map lists Main, Comfort and "Premium Select"
Yeah DL decided to realign the classes of service on some of the shorter TATL routes. The premium cabin is being sold as premium economy, but my guess would be that service will be similar to standard domestic first, with the addition of sparkling wine. I'm guessing that the Westin bedding is gone.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ChrisMoss7

What was the price difference?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Can you use miles to upgrade to "Premium Select" on MSP to KEF?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Can you use miles to upgrade to "Premium Select" on MSP to KEF?
As far as I know, there isn't Premium Select on any flights to KEF right now. It's only available on the A350, which is used on a limited number of flights to Asia.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anon2k2
As far as I know, there isn't Premium Select on any flights to KEF right now. It's only available on the A350, which is used on a limited number of flights to Asia.
Delta sells Domestic 757 First Class seats on this route as Premium Select,
Did a quick Delta.com search to double check
Random July Dates
Main Cabin: $575
Comfort +: $753
Premium Select: $2,400 (LOL)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by anon2k2
Not just Asia. I’ve been looking at flights to AMS this spring and seeing DTW-AMS flights on the A350 with the Premium Select seating.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well 'premium select' is basically just the domestic F seats anyway, but that price is crazy.
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

Not just Asia. I’ve been looking at flights to AMS this spring and seeing DTW-AMS flights on the A350 with the Premium Select seating.
Yup, the 4:14 pm departure switches to 350 starting April.
I lucked out cause i bought D1 on this route when it was still loaded as 330, best schedule change note I ever got
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Well 'premium select' is basically just the domestic F seats anyway, but that price is crazy.
And it's basically the same price as before, at least a discounted business-class airfare. I'd pay $1500 to fly up-front to Iceland, but that's it.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Any updates on this route post-4/1 upgrade changes? I might be flying JFK-KEF next week, 757 W5H configuration (defintiely NOT D1 seats)... any idea if it's possible to upgrade to F ("Premium Select") using either miles or RUCs? This route is an oddity - really should be treated like non-D1 northern South America routes in my opinion (which truly doesn't matter).

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Any updates on this route post-4/1 upgrade changes? I might be flying JFK-KEF next week, 757 W5H configuration (defintiely NOT D1 seats)... any idea if it's possible to upgrade to F ("Premium Select") using either miles or RUCs? This route is an oddity - really should be treated like non-D1 northern South America routes in my opinion (which truly doesn't matter).

-FlyerBeek
I checked Google Flights. Unfortunately, Delta's comfort-plus is being coded as "premium" and, as a result, Google Flights can't book you a premium-economy (what Delta calls premium-select) ticket.

Economy-class airfares were around $400 and comfort-plus were around $680. When I went to Delta.com to buy a dummy comfort-plus ticket, Delta.com gave me an up-sell to premium-economy for $638.50 each way or $1,958 total.

There's no way I'd pay $1958 for it. I'd rather just buy either row 26 or row 27 of economy-class at $400-ish per seat. I could then have a poor man's lie-flat bed.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Delta sells Domestic 757 First Class seats on this route as Premium Select,
Did a quick Delta.com search to double check
Random July Dates
Main Cabin: $575
Comfort +: $753
Premium Select: $2,400 (LOL)
are you kidding me on that premium select pricing? what are they smoking in atlanta?!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
are you kidding me on that premium select pricing? what are they smoking in atlanta?!
This post was back from February. The price has dropped to $1,400 most days I checked. What is really bad here is they are scheduled to be operated by the 75P during the summer which has the same exit layout of the 75S but DL choose not to convert them into 75S and instead into a small sublet of only 5 aircrafts. We wouldn't have to worry about flat-bed D1 seats not being available on all European routes if DL would have just made these into 75S but instead DL now has a shortage of 75S and we get this instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.