FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1838612-complimentary-medallion-upgrade-iceland-jfk-kef-msp-kef.html)

hockeyinsider Aug 21, 17 9:23 am

Originally Posted by justforfun (Post 28716701)
It's not. It's lunch. Today's options included beef tenderloin and a pasta (forget the third).

What lovely choices -- not.

An earlier commentator said it was breakfast both directions.

ChrisMoss7 Jan 8, 18 2:16 pm

Was checking for Feb 1, 2018 and noticed bird is flat using a 757. Out of JFK. Seat map says F, Comfort and Main.

Checked a few dates in summer out of MSPand JFK. Using a domestic 757, they are not selling First, just Basic, Main and Comfort. Seat map lists Main, Comfort and "Premium Select"

KDCAflyer Jan 8, 18 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisMoss7 (Post 29266669)
Was checking for Feb 1, 2018 and noticed bird is flat using a 757. Out of JFK. Seat map says F, Comfort and Main.

Checked a few dates in summer out of MSPand JFK. Using a domestic 757, they are not selling First, just Basic, Main and Comfort. Seat map lists Main, Comfort and "Premium Select"

Yeah DL decided to realign the classes of service on some of the shorter TATL routes. The premium cabin is being sold as premium economy, but my guess would be that service will be similar to standard domestic first, with the addition of sparkling wine. I'm guessing that the Westin bedding is gone.

hockeyinsider Jan 8, 18 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisMoss7 (Post 29266669)

What was the price difference?

bcosinteno Feb 16, 18 1:54 am

Can you use miles to upgrade to "Premium Select" on MSP to KEF?

anon2k2 Feb 16, 18 7:35 am

Originally Posted by bcosinteno (Post 29422895)
Can you use miles to upgrade to "Premium Select" on MSP to KEF?

As far as I know, there isn't Premium Select on any flights to KEF right now. It's only available on the A350, which is used on a limited number of flights to Asia.

Keith2004 Feb 16, 18 7:41 am

Originally Posted by anon2k2 (Post 29423627)
As far as I know, there isn't Premium Select on any flights to KEF right now. It's only available on the A350, which is used on a limited number of flights to Asia.

Delta sells Domestic 757 First Class seats on this route as Premium Select,
Did a quick Delta.com search to double check
Random July Dates
Main Cabin: $575
Comfort +: $753
Premium Select: $2,400 (LOL)

CarmenOM Feb 16, 18 10:12 am

Originally Posted by anon2k2 (Post 29423627)

Not just Asia. Iíve been looking at flights to AMS this spring and seeing DTW-AMS flights on the A350 with the Premium Select seating.

rylan Feb 16, 18 10:32 am

Well 'premium select' is basically just the domestic F seats anyway, but that price is crazy.

Keith2004 Feb 16, 18 10:44 am

Originally Posted by CarmenOM (Post 29424281)

Not just Asia. Iíve been looking at flights to AMS this spring and seeing DTW-AMS flights on the A350 with the Premium Select seating.

Yup, the 4:14 pm departure switches to 350 starting April.
I lucked out cause i bought D1 on this route when it was still loaded as 330, best schedule change note I ever got :D

hockeyinsider Feb 16, 18 10:55 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 29424357)
Well 'premium select' is basically just the domestic F seats anyway, but that price is crazy.

And it's basically the same price as before, at least a discounted business-class airfare. I'd pay $1500 to fly up-front to Iceland, but that's it.

FlyerBeek Apr 13, 18 2:54 pm

Any updates on this route post-4/1 upgrade changes? I might be flying JFK-KEF next week, 757 W5H configuration (defintiely NOT D1 seats)... any idea if it's possible to upgrade to F ("Premium Select") using either miles or RUCs? This route is an oddity - really should be treated like non-D1 northern South America routes in my opinion (which truly doesn't matter).

-FlyerBeek

hockeyinsider Apr 13, 18 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 29637556)
Any updates on this route post-4/1 upgrade changes? I might be flying JFK-KEF next week, 757 W5H configuration (defintiely NOT D1 seats)... any idea if it's possible to upgrade to F ("Premium Select") using either miles or RUCs? This route is an oddity - really should be treated like non-D1 northern South America routes in my opinion (which truly doesn't matter).

-FlyerBeek

I checked Google Flights. Unfortunately, Delta's comfort-plus is being coded as "premium" and, as a result, Google Flights can't book you a premium-economy (what Delta calls premium-select) ticket.

Economy-class airfares were around $400 and comfort-plus were around $680. When I went to Delta.com to buy a dummy comfort-plus ticket, Delta.com gave me an up-sell to premium-economy for $638.50 each way or $1,958 total.

There's no way I'd pay $1958 for it. I'd rather just buy either row 26 or row 27 of economy-class at $400-ish per seat. I could then have a poor man's lie-flat bed.

AANYC1981 Apr 13, 18 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Keith2004 (Post 29423652)
Delta sells Domestic 757 First Class seats on this route as Premium Select,
Did a quick Delta.com search to double check
Random July Dates
Main Cabin: $575
Comfort +: $753
Premium Select: $2,400 (LOL)

are you kidding me on that premium select pricing? what are they smoking in atlanta?!

MCO Flyer Apr 13, 18 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 29637917)
are you kidding me on that premium select pricing? what are they smoking in atlanta?!

This post was back from February. The price has dropped to $1,400 most days I checked. What is really bad here is they are scheduled to be operated by the 75P during the summer which has the same exit layout of the 75S but DL choose not to convert them into 75S and instead into a small sublet of only 5 aircrafts. We wouldn't have to worry about flat-bed D1 seats not being available on all European routes if DL would have just made these into 75S but instead DL now has a shortage of 75S and we get this instead.