FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Complimentary Medallion upgrade to Iceland (JFK-KEF | MSP-KEF) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1838612-complimentary-medallion-upgrade-iceland-jfk-kef-msp-kef.html)

pauly_long Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Has anyone flown to KEF in Premium Select? I'm curious about the hard/soft product experience. Specifically:
- Is it any better than domestic F?
- Does it offer the new Premium Select seating, or is it just domestic F being sold as Premium Select?
- What are pillows blankets like
- etc.

bonoman Aug 17, 2018 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by pauly_long (Post 30095124)
Has anyone flown to KEF in Premium Select? I'm curious about the hard/soft product experience. Specifically:
- Is it any better than domestic F?
- Does it offer the new Premium Select seating, or is it just domestic F being sold as Premium Select?
- What are pillows blankets like
- etc.

It's the same as Domestic F-. But doable for 5.5 hours.

JIMBOLIGUY Feb 6, 2019 3:59 pm

I am confused on the type of plane used on JFK-KEF for this summer. I see that the front cabin is sold as Premium Select (so no Sky Club access). They are showing the configuration as 20 PS (5 rows of 4) and Comfort+ as rows 15-22. If I match that configuration up to Seat Guru - it looks like the 20 PS seats are lie flats (Seat Guru may be wrong - the top part says recliner and bottom part says lie flat)? Someone commented that it was domestic F (which I dont think would be lie flat). Just wondering if I am missing something - or is Seat Guru just wrong. Thanks.

Delta 757P

LinLant Mar 11, 2019 11:28 am

Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY (Post 30747846)
I am confused on the type of plane used on JFK-KEF for this summer. I see that the front cabin is sold as Premium Select (so no Sky Club access). They are showing the configuration as 20 PS (5 rows of 4) and Comfort+ as rows 15-22. If I match that configuration up to Seat Guru - it looks like the 20 PS seats are lie flats (Seat Guru may be wrong - the top part says recliner and bottom part says lie flat)? Someone commented that it was domestic F (which I dont think would be lie flat). Just wondering if I am missing something - or is Seat Guru just wrong. Thanks.

Delta 757P

Flew in November 2018. Made the mistake to pick bulk head. Horrible. Seats had hardly any recline. Definitely not lie flat. Definitely no foot rest. No access to Lounge at JFK except via Amex Plat. I don’t even want to remember how much we paid for our seats. Plus we had cloudy skies and did not see Northern Lights all week!

hockeyinsider Mar 11, 2019 11:34 am

Originally Posted by LinLant (Post 30873632)

Flew in November 2018. Made the mistake to pick bulk head. Horrible. Seats had hardly any recline. Definitely not lie flat. Definitely no foot rest. No access to Lounge at JFK except via Amex Plat. I don’t even want to remember how much we paid for our seats. Plus we had cloudy skies and did not see Northern Lights all week!

To be fair, you don't have much to complain about, unless it was a different aircraft configuration when you booked. I've never seen the 757s advertised as having foot rests at each seat. I've never had any issue with the recline, though as you said the legroom in row one isn't necessarily the greatest. As for lounge access, again, I don't think it was ever advertised as having Sky Club access. So, what's the complaint?

I agree with your objection that it's an inferior product, but you presumably knew what the product was when you booked the ticket. Again, this would be completely different if you had booked the ticket when the forward cabin was still Delta One business-class.

MSPeconomist Mar 11, 2019 11:38 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 30873658)
To be fair, you don't have much to complain about, unless it was a different aircraft configuration when you booked. I've never seen the 757s advertised as having foot rests at each seat. I've never had any issue with the recline, though as you said the legroom in row one isn't necessarily the greatest. As for lounge access, again, I don't think it was ever advertised as having Sky Club access. So, what's the complaint?

I agree with your objection that it's an inferior product, but you presumably knew what the product was when you booked the ticket. Again, this would be completely different if you had booked the ticket when the forward cabin was still Delta One business-class.

There are some 757s that have been reconfigured as D1 (light IMO) IIRC with 16 flat bed seats in a 2-2 configuration, but with the seats slightly staggered and slightly angled. They're used for certain TATL routes as well as the LAX-JFK etc. domestic D1 routes.

cmd320 Jun 3, 2019 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 30873658)

Looking at flying to Iceland next week actually and Delta does in fact market this as having footrests in prem select. I also noticed they say the MSP-KEF flight only has Breakfast as a meal service. Is this true?

flyerCO Jun 4, 2019 5:24 am

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 31167506)
Looking at flying to Iceland next week actually and Delta does in fact market this as having footrests in prem select. I also noticed they say the MSP-KEF flight only has Breakfast as a meal service. Is this true?

The one time I flew it, this was true. No meal after takeoff, but about 2 hours out they served breakfast.