Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL adds BOS-AUS/BUF/JAX/MCI/ORF

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by WWads
MCI-BOS is operated using a CRJ900. 1,256 miles.

Ewww. An E170/175 would have been a lot more appropriate. That might be a candidate for longest current DL CRJ route.
I flew DTW-SAT in a CRJ-900 last year. The flight was fine.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
The MCI service is a resumption from 2012. State Street/SSGA has a major back office center in Kansas City.

Other additions clearly target B6.
The 2011/2012 MCI-BOS flight was revenge on F9 for starting MCI-MSP. They started, I think, four competitive routes, drove F9 off MCI-MSP and then dropped them all in short order.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Austin787

Delta already operates in the East concourse, so most likely the lounge will be Delta.
As I said, I hope it turns out to be a SC, but with 8 new east gates coming on-line, it's not inconceivable for an airline to move. For example, AA could choose to relocate if they want to be closer to the BA gate and open a bigger club.

But I hope that's not what's going on.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Don't understand the dislike for CRJ900 vs E75. Neither are CRJ200/E45s.

BTW when did LAX/AUS go mainline twice daily? This on top of a third flight on regional.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Don't understand the dislike for CRJ900 vs E75.
The E70/75/90/95 have cabins that are seven inches wider, the same difference in cabin width between the A320 and 737 families (except on an aircraft with only four seats across).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The E series are overall more comfortable than the RJ900. Larger cabin and normal size overheads so you don't have to planeside check everything.

Seems strange to me that they are (re)starting the BOS-ORF service in the fall... its coming into peak season now for virginia beach area, and by the time they start its off peak and low for the winter. They ran this route several years ago on an RJ200, and dropped it for BOS-RIC instead.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by rylan
The E series are overall more comfortable than the RJ900. Larger cabin and normal size overheads so you don't have to planeside check everything.

Seems strange to me that they are (re)starting the BOS-ORF service in the fall... its coming into peak season now for virginia beach area, and by the time they start its off peak and low for the winter. They ran this route several years ago on an RJ200, and dropped it for BOS-RIC instead.
Could BOS/ORF be geared toward Military and or shipping traffic?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by jalves
Curious additions. Wouldn't have thought there was much call for some of them.
BOS to AUS could be to support increased demand from the Dell EMC merger. I would imagine there is a lot of Round Rock to Hopkinton and vice versa travel going on and will be for the foreseeable future.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:42 am
Suspended

I will inform my FA friend that there is no more excuse not to visit having a direct MCI-BOS flight
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I will inform my FA friend that there is no more excuse not to visit having a direct MCI-BOS flight
Ugh. You sound like my cousin upon hearing RDU/AUS would be getting a flight.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
BOS-JAX is curious. This is from my recollection the third time they've tried this route.

I'm certainly happy for more non-stops from JAX, but I'm curious what's going to make this one stick?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Ugh. You sound like my cousin upon hearing RDU/AUS would be getting a flight.
That is a humorous POV from your cousin...as though it was a connection stopping you from visiting....unless you've Jedi Mind Tricked them into thinking you' don't connect ever PERIOD.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I recently did LGA-MSY on a CRJ900 in FC, and I was still ready to get off at the end of that flight.

Seriously DL, unless there's some good rotational reason not to, please use an E-Jet. Even though regular passengers care most about cost, mainline has been shown to beat RJs on competitive routes almost every time (think DL's DFW hub).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by WWads
... unless there's some good rotational reason not to, please use an E-Jet. Even though regular passengers care most about cost, mainline has been shown to beat RJs on competitive routes almost every time (think DL's DFW hub).
aren't you the guy who was recently thrilled to see a 717 on one of your regular DCA<-->CVG trips? the contracts between DL and their regional affiliates probably say the SkyWests and the Endeavors of the world get X number of flights (or scheduled hours, or some straightforward metric) per month, so that CR9 has to go somewhere
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: delta dm
Ive done atl yul in a crj 900 and thats no walk in the park. Also doing msp ida on a crj 900 this summer. Thankfully the long crj 900s routes I have done in FC by design of course.☺

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.