Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

US Air Marshal Left Loaded Gun in Airplane Bathroom on TATL DL Flight

US Air Marshal Left Loaded Gun in Airplane Bathroom on TATL DL Flight

Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:16 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it seems as if the federal air marshal program has been rife with problems for a long time.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/us/fed...investigation/
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Blinged Out
I have always envisioned them as having one scintilla of competence more than the average TSA agent or mall cop airport security guards.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I hope she at least was forced to sit in coach. Incompetence is bad, but it's even worse when airlines and passengers are forced to "donate" premium cabin seats to the incompetent. <giggle>

BTW, how does one "forget" a gun in an aircraft lavatory? It's not like there's so much space and so many places to put the gun that you somehow don't see it as you're leaving the lavatory.

Also BTW, isn't it some sort of crime to leave a loaded gun around where children have access to it? What if a child had used the lavatory before the OP?
So true.. Apparently, Air Marshalls R held at lower standards than the General Public.... Sad
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Totally fair points. I still would want to see real concrete evidence that I would be safer or at least just as safe without the FAM program before dumping it to save money.
Wouldn't a review of all FAM engagements since 9/11 pretty much detail just how needed they are?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.