Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MEM Airport Improvements. Delta Returns To Concourse A.

MEM Airport Improvements. Delta Returns To Concourse A.

Old Apr 3, 18, 2:15 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...aul/478260002/

Delta will use gates A17, A19, A21, A23, A25 and A27;
Old Apr 3, 18, 2:35 pm

Actually, Southern Airways express flies MEM-BNA.

iflysouthern.com
Old Apr 3, 18, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
I grew up in Memphis but we never gave Northwest one penny of our money.
Sounds pretty serious. Why?
Old Apr 3, 18, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Sounds pretty serious. Why?
My mom had to fly on NWA for work sometimes. They didn't give her a choice in airlines. She would frequently return home depressed from how bad the experience was. I remember she hated their boarding technique of everyone boarding at the same time. There was also a particularly bad flight she had between SEA-MEM where the flight attendants told the people in the back rows to move and they just sat down after the first drink service. I remember I went to go pick her up once and the flight was late so I parked and went inside. I approached an employee at the check-in counter and asked if the flight had arrived yet and without even looking up she said "I'm on my break". Not to be too harsh, my mom said Northwest was once a nice airline. But in their final years they were really pretty awful.
Old Apr 3, 18, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
My mom had to fly on NWA for work sometimes. They didn't give her a choice in airlines. She would frequently return home depressed from how bad the experience was. I remember she hated their boarding technique of everyone boarding at the same time. There was also a particularly bad flight she had between SEA-MEM where the flight attendants told the people in the back rows to move and they just sat down after the first drink service. I remember I went to go pick her up once and the flight was late so I parked and went inside. I approached an employee at the check-in counter and asked if the flight had arrived yet and without even looking up she said "I'm on my break". Not to be too harsh, my mom said Northwest was once a nice airline. But in their final years they were really pretty awful.
Your experience (or your mom's, rather) definitely seems like the exception rather than the norm. Sounds like a string of bad luck, unfortunately, which (if you fly enough), you'll eventually get on Delta, United, American, or pretty much any other carrier. I know that from my days with Northwest, I had all around good service, good operations, and enjoyed a rewarding frequent flyer program.
Old Apr 3, 18, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Your experience (or your mom's, rather) definitely seems like the exception rather than the norm. Sounds like a string of bad luck, unfortunately, which (if you fly enough), you'll eventually get on Delta, United, American, or pretty much any other carrier. I know that from my days with Northwest, I had all around good service, good operations, and enjoyed a rewarding frequent flyer program.
No doubt their frequent flyer program was better than Delta's. But it seems they were kind of known for their cold customer service. It just wasn't a priority. Delta was nothing flashy but their employees were known for being warm and accommodating.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: