Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SEA->CDG (Paris) Should I take C+ Middle - C- Aisle - odds of empty adjacent seat?

SEA->CDG (Paris) Should I take C+ Middle - C- Aisle - odds of empty adjacent seat?

Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

This flight leaves tomorrow, 1pm.

1) Is the middle the better choice in C+ or just stick with an aisle where I'm at? DL gold - it's free.

2) How can I increase my chance of getting a skycouch (empty adjacent seats) in coach? Are there a ton of people without without seat assignments (or standbys) -- or are the odds pretty good I'll get an empty adjacent seat? Should I chose the last row with empty seats to improve odds? I'm not sure how the GA normally will do infill.

3) It's a K class coach ticket. Are there any possible ways to get into business that are reasonable?

Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta, AA, United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott
As of this AM, 23 unsold in back, 2 up front. 11 or so on standby list, with 42 unassigned seats, so it will go out with empty seats.

Just depends how much you like C+. Free drinks on int'l for everyone anyway.

Open seat next to you? Depends on how they fill it and if anyone no shows.

I would think the aisles and windows would go first, so your choice looks pretty good right now. I usually book an aisle on overseas so I don't have to disturb seatmates as I get up a lot.

Also never hurts to ask GA what they could do for you on the empty seat as it's not a full flight.

Also, keep your eye open after door closes, I have moved in the past on Intl to another coach seat to get one open next to me.

Upgrade? Not without paying or using certificate as far as I know.

Have a great trip, Paris is great.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:31 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
206driver, how did you access standby list information? Are you booked on the flight or do you work for Delta?

johndoe123, in addition to 206driver's good suggestions I would watch the app very carefully in the few hours leading up to boarding. The chances of somebody in an aisle (or window if you like) C+ seat misconnecting are pretty good. If you see it open up on the app just hustle and ask the gate agent to seat you in that seat.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I had this choice a couple times last year for Asia trips. I opted for the regular coach aisle - it's more important to me. Once I was able to nab a C+ aisle before departure, another time I flew in regular economy in the aisle. And once, I did fly C+ in the middle. (almost NO choice due to super late booking - work trip) and the guy next to me spilled a couple glasses of red wine on me. That was fun....But I did have a little more leg room to shake off the drips)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I go for C- aisle in these cases. I also keep an eye on the seatmap after check-in to see if they put someone next to me and switch to another C- aisle with an open middle if there are still some left. I had a AMS-DTW flight a couple years ago where I switched seats three different times while sitting in the KL lounge as people checked-in and were assigned seats next to me. Since the flight was not heavily booked, I was ultimately able to get a C- aisle with an empty middle and have it stick.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
I go for C- aisle in these cases. I also keep an eye on the seatmap after check-in to see if they put someone next to me and switch to another C- aisle with an open middle if there are still some left. I had a AMS-DTW flight a couple years ago where I switched seats three different times while sitting in the KL lounge as people checked-in and were assigned seats next to me. Since the flight was not heavily booked, I was ultimately able to get a C- aisle with an empty middle and have it stick.
Are you sure you were in AMS? I don't know of a way to see an up to date seat map for an ex-AMS DL departure. If there is a way I'd love to hear how.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mnbp
Are you sure you were in AMS? I don't know of a way to see an up to date seat map for an ex-AMS DL departure. If there is a way I'd love to hear how.
KLM.com.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.