When do Miles Boost MQM post?

Old Apr 15, 17, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

When do Miles Boost MQM post?

I got a Delta Platinum last month and my sign-up bonus posted 2 days after I hit the threshold. I managed to hit $25k and Delta recognized the MQD waiver about two days later (and it looks to me like they update the totals spend counter every 7 days?) but I don't have the MQM yet. I couldn't find anything on either site about what schedule they'll arrive on.

Kind of hoping they show up soon as it will push me from Gold to Platinum on a trip where it looks like that will matter (not to mention the miles earning difference), but I also saw some post that implied they only show up after statements close. That would be unfortunate since that's probably too late for a second long-haul trip.
Old Apr 15, 17, 3:27 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a free agent
In my experience, it about 4-7 days later after crossing the threshold.
Old Apr 15, 17, 3:37 pm

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
Bonus posting

IME, my Bonus MQM's have posted within 1 day of my statement closing date for the period in which I crossed the $25/50K. The explanation I got was that credits to the account that occur after the crossing of the threshold, could bring your total back under the threshold, which makes sense. I don't know what would happen if you had credits after the bonus mqm's posted that brought your account back under the threshold so that you end of the year total was less than $25/50K Anyone else have any personal experience here?
Old Apr 15, 17, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere
A day or 2 after your statement closes,
Old Apr 15, 17, 10:18 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Many years of experience here. It's one or two days after statement close after you cross the threshold. Note that not all spending counts towards the $25K threshold and any returns/refunds will be subtracted.
Old Apr 16, 17, 10:15 am

I just got the delta reserve MQM boost a day after my statement closed. The bonus miles posted, but not the MQM yet.

Today I elected to put the MQMs in my account. I got a "MQM have been deposited in your account", but it isn't reflected yet on delta.com. Does anyone know if the MQM deposit takes a few days too?
Old Apr 16, 17, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM, MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere
Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer View Post
I just got the delta reserve MQM boost a day after my statement closed. The bonus miles posted, but not the MQM yet.

Today I elected to put the MQMs in my account. I got a "MQM have been deposited in your account", but it isn't reflected yet on delta.com. Does anyone know if the MQM deposit takes a few days too?
Usually a few minutes. Log out and then Log back in and you should see them.
Old Apr 16, 17, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955 View Post
Usually a few minutes. Log out and then Log back in and you should see them.
Ahh that worked, thanks!
Old May 4, 17, 2:05 pm

Just hit my 25,000 threshold for first boost. However, I can't find how to activate miles to MqM. It says there will be a 90 period to see if I want to gift the miles, then they will be posted as MqM. Does anyone know how to activate the miles to MqM without waiting 90 days?
Old May 4, 17, 2:16 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MikenFla View Post
Just hit my 25,000 threshold for first boost. However, I can't find how to activate miles to MqM. It says there will be a 90 period to see if I want to gift the miles, then they will be posted as MqM. Does anyone know how to activate the miles to MqM without waiting 90 days?
Something not adding up here. The 15K MQM boost spend thresholds for Reserve card are $30K and $60K. The Platinum card has $25K/$50K thresholds (with 10K MQM Boosts that cannot be gifted). Which card do you have?

Here is the selection page for the Reserve 15K MQM boost when you hit the $30K spend level --

https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Old May 4, 17, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
Something not adding up here. The 15K MQM boost spend thresholds for Reserve card are $30K and $60K. The Platinum card has $25K/$50K thresholds (with 10K MQM Boosts that cannot be gifted). Which card do you have?

Here is the selection page for the Reserve 15K MQM boost when you hit the $30K spend level --

https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Sorry, I meant 30,000.
Thanks for the link. I could not find it!!
Old May 4, 17, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL platinum
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo View Post
I got a Delta Platinum last month and my sign-up bonus posted 2 days after I hit the threshold. I managed to hit $25k and Delta recognized the MQD waiver about two days later (and it looks to me like they update the totals spend counter every 7 days?) but I don't have the MQM yet. I couldn't find anything on either site about what schedule they'll arrive on.

Kind of hoping they show up soon as it will push me from Gold to Platinum on a trip where it looks like that will matter (not to mention the miles earning difference), but I also saw some post that implied they only show up after statements close. That would be unfortunate since that's probably too late for a second long-haul trip.
For me, the MQM miles boosts have always posted about 1-2 days after the statement close in the month you hit the threshold (i.e., not after you hit the dollar amount, which could be mid-month). For the Reserve (black) card, you have the option of either keeping or gifting the MQMs, so they won't post until you click the link in your AmEx statement and choose. For the platinum card, they automatically post to your account (i.e., you can't gift them.
Old May 5, 17, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Following up, my Amex statement closed yesterday and the MQM posted evening Pacific time today.
Still have to wait two more days until I get boosted into the Platinum Medallion status for some reason. (Seriously, Delta.com says my "Current Status" runs until May 5 and my 2018 status takes effect May 6.)
Old May 5, 17, 12:38 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by SuperG1955 View Post
A day or 2 after your statement closes,
That's it. You can pass the threshold one day into the next billing period and you won't get the Bonus MQM email until the close of the current billing period. It isn't a running day by day, week by week total, it is done monthly.
Old May 5, 17, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo View Post
Following up, my Amex statement closed yesterday and the MQM posted evening Pacific time today.
Still have to wait two more days until I get boosted into the Platinum Medallion status for some reason. (Seriously, Delta.com says my "Current Status" runs until May 5 and my 2018 status takes effect May 6.)
Was it after 9pm Pacific by any chance?

I think it's pretty standard that, when you achieve a higher Medallion level than you currently hold, that if the threshold-crossing MQMs post on day N then your status for next year reflects that immediately but your updated status for the remainder of this year begins on day N+1.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: