Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do Miles Boost MQM post?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They will post in 2019, but the activity date will be backdated to Dec 31, 2018 and they will count towards 2018 MQM totals.
snorkmaster likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
That's the answer I was hoping to hear. Thank you.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Quick potentially dumb question here... Regarding the dollar amount I spend towards my $30k AMEX bonus... does the money count when I actually spend it, or when I pay off my AMEX bill?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
...and to add an additional question... where can I see my current year-to-date AMEX spend anyway? Not every single charge counts toward the $30,000, is that correct?

Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The spend counts on the date when the transaction posts (which may be a day or two after the actual transaction date). The monthly PDF statement is the only definitive qualifying spend indicator (the "Miles Earned for Eligible Purchases" line). The online Year to Date activity should be pretty close if you subtract out the Fees & Adjustments line.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Originally Posted by LBJ
The spend counts on the date when the transaction posts (which may be a day or two after the actual transaction date). The monthly PDF statement is the only definitive qualifying spend indicator (the "Miles Earned for Eligible Purchases" line). The online Year to Date activity should be pretty close if you subtract out the Fees & Adjustments line.
+1 (LBJ)
My bonus had not been updated to Delta as of my December statement closing date ,so I called Amex DL Reserve help line. Was advised I was actually short a few hundred dollars as of 12/23 which was several days after my statement closed. Unbeknownst to me, some fees and interest are not calculated in the final total spend amount. I still had a few xmas purchases to make in order to complete the gap before end of year and did so the same day. On 12/27, received an email from Delta congratulating me on my bonus and subsequently went to DL.com and collected my 15000 mqm bonus into my account. I was surprised that the bonus tier and miles were acknowledged and posted so quickly. So if your still wondering why your miles haven't posted yet, give the Amex DL Reserve line a call. Worked wonders for me.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's not just fees and interest that must be subtracted. Returns/credits are netted out also and IIRC certain purchases that are considered to be cash equivalents aren't supposed to count but YMMV.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:17 pm

Question Same Question but with a card upgrade -

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
I didn't notice any comments here but perhaps someone has experienced the following end of year conundrum:

I crossed the threshold for the Amex Platinum card on December 19, but my statement doesn't close until January 6, will the MQMs backdate to CY18 or be posted to CY19.

I don't "need" the miles for this year, but I am concerned about next year, as I'll be getting the MQMs for a new Reserve card (both for enrollment and later for the 30K spend), and it seems one cannot get bonuses from both cards in the same year. (I'll be canceling the Amex Platinum next year.
--> If card spend MQM bonus is granted but will post after a bunch of weeks (as told by the CSR), will it be backdated or go towards next year (2020). The answer given previously said it will be backdated - just want to be sure as I still need to work on the MQMs

(First post here, so please pardon any mistakes.)
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are talking about the annual "MQM Boost" that is available every year (every $25K for Plat card and $30K for Reserve card), then yes, it will be backdated to 2019. This will post a day or two after statement close (or be available for selection in case of Reserve card). If you are talking about an initial one-time card sign-up MQM bonus, then no, it will not likely be back-dated.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
If you are talking about the annual "MQM Boost" that is available every year (every $25K for Plat card and $30K for Reserve card), then yes, it will be backdated to 2019. This will post a day or two after statement close (or be available for selection in case of Reserve card). If you are talking about an initial one-time card sign-up MQM bonus, then no, it will not likely be back-dated.
thanks, I hope it works. Any suggestions for abt 6K MQMs from Midwest ?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:47 am

I crossed the spend threshold for my second DL Amex Platinum MQM bonus in late December, got an e-mail from Delta confirming that I had done so, but haven't seen any bonus MQMs post despite my RDMs posting about a week ago. Presumably I'm at the point where I need to call in to get help? Does anyone know if it makes more sense to start with Delta vs. Amex?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jordyn
I crossed the spend threshold for my second DL Amex Platinum MQM bonus in late December, got an e-mail from Delta confirming that I had done so, but haven't seen any bonus MQMs post despite my RDMs posting about a week ago. Presumably I'm at the point where I need to call in to get help? Does anyone know if it makes more sense to start with Delta vs. Amex?
Have you told them to deposit them in your account? (They can be posted to someone else's account if you elect, thus there's a period of time you can make that choice, once it passes by default it posts to yours.

Also remember these will be 2019, not 2020 MQM. Unless you qualified for rollover (or will with the bonus) they basically are wasted posting to your account.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops, missed that you have a Plat card. Note that the MQM Boost and RDM Boosts have different activity dates (since the MQM Boost is backdated, but the 10K RDM Boost is not), and it might not be obvious that it posted at first glance.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 13, 2020 at 10:48 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Have you told them to deposit them in your account? (They can be posted to someone else's account if you elect, thus there's a period of time you can make that choice, once it passes by default it posts to yours.
Huh. Is that true for the Platinum card? Nothing in any of the communications indicates that there's anything to be done to direct the miles; in fact, it says they should already be in my account. (Neither bonus MQMs nor RDMs seem to have posted as part of the boost.)

Also remember these will be 2019, not 2020 MQM. Unless you qualified for rollover (or will with the bonus) they basically are wasted posting to your account.
Well, since I ended the year with ~119K MQMs, it's actually really important that they post as 2019 MQMs.

Originally Posted by xliioper
Oops, missed that you have a Plat card. Note that the MQM Boost and RDM Boosts have different activity dates (since the MQM Boost is backdated, but RDM is not), and it might not be obvious that it posted at first glance.
Hmm, any idea what date it would post? I don't see anything going back as far as December 1st, so it seems unlikely this is the case. More importantly, my 2020 status still doesn't seem to reflect the bonus posting.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Huh. Is that true for the Platinum card? Nothing in any of the communications indicates that there's anything to be done to direct the miles; in fact, it says they should already be in my account. (Neither bonus MQMs nor RDMs seem to have posted as part of the boost.)

Well, since I ended the year with ~119K MQMs, it's actually really important that they post as 2019 MQMs.

Hmm, any idea what date it would post? I don't see anything going back as far as December 1st, so it seems unlikely this is the case. More importantly, my 2020 status still doesn't seem to reflect the bonus posting.
MQM Boost should have an activity date of December 31st. What's the activity date for the 10,000 redeemable miles? MQM's totals for 2019 do not get updated instantaneously with post (they run regular sweeps to update it along with the Rollover amount).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.