Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do Miles Boost MQM post?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I thought I had a similar issue to the past few posters, so I called in today. It turns out Delta said I had $24,960 of qualifying spend on my Delta Platinum (my year end summary says about $25,300). They ended up sending in an exception request for me, they say I should get my bonus miles within 48-72 hours. I think this year I am going to try to finish up all spend by the November statement to avoid any confusion or last minute misses.
Sounds like the renewal fee and a few other items (probably some vendor credits back to your card). Non-qualifying spend is included in the year-end summary online which is why you need to be careful about using that number if you are close. It also does not subtract out vendor credits (it only shows the total charges). The paper and online PDF statements should have the official number on the "Miles Earned for Eligible Purchases" line with the Year to Date number (shown above). Unfortunately, you need to do some math to the get year end total from previous year (subtract Year to Date from Current Period earn in January statement when it arrives and then add that amount to the Year to Date in your December statement). As you already surmised, the safest thing is simply not to cut it too close.

I cut it pretty close in 2018 and didn't get second Reserve Boost until January after passing $60K in late December after December statement close. My total charges for 2018 show 62,087 online, but when I use method above to get qualifying spend for 2018 it was only 60813. If I subtract the $450 annual fee (my only non-qualifying spend) and vendor credits in 2018 from that 62,087 number I get within 5 dollars of the 60813 qualifying spend number (likely due to Amex rounding up to a whole mile on the mileage credit for each month).

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 22, 2020 at 8:21 am
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I thought I had a similar issue to the past few posters, so I called in today. It turns out Delta said I had $24,960 of qualifying spend on my Delta Platinum (my year end summary says about $25,300). They ended up sending in an exception request for me, they say I should get my bonus miles within 48-72 hours. I think this year I am going to try to finish up all spend by the November statement to avoid any confusion or last minute misses.
With some rounding, the difference could be the annual fee, which does *not* count for spend.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With some rounding, the difference could be the annual fee, which does *not* count for spend.
Plus, you also need to subtract out any vendor credits during the year from the "Total Charges" year-end totals online (or the "Total Spend" in your year-end summary) as those are not reflected in those numbers (as I mentioned above).

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 22, 2020 at 8:36 am
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by xliioper
Plus, you also need to subtract out any vendor credits during the year from the "Total Charges" year-end totals online (or the "Total Spend" in your year-end summary) as those are not reflected in those numbers (as I mentioned above).
Yeah - I did subtract out vendor credits, but I forgot to take into account the annual fee.

This year, the goal has changed - $60,000 of spend on my Reserve by November. Not sure if I will keep both my Platinum and Reserve cards going forward
Old Jan 26, 2020, 3:01 pm

Just as a data point for future readers--my boost seems to have finally posted over the weekend, so about three weeks after my statement closing date and (fortunately) shortly before I dropped back down to Platinum.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
My (Medallion level changing) boost posted Saturday. Whew!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Delta Reserve Card. Bonus points posted the day after my statement closing date. (That's the last time that will happen as they've done away with the bonus miles moving forward). "Bonus" MQM's must be selected via this link: https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This hasn't been updated to reflect the third 15,000 MQMs at $90,000 spend.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Diamond
Exact same situation here for both reserve and platinum AmEx spending bonuses. Paid a truckload of taxes to knock out all the bonuses before the end of the month, and cannot get a straight answer from AmEx or Delta since none of these have posted (yet the MQD waiver spend is updated correctly).
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:35 pm
mtp

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This hasn't been updated to reflect the third 15,000 MQMs at $90,000 spend.
It’s not yet January 30th
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:17 am

How do you find the landing page my navigating the site? I have followed the link in the above posts but wondering how I could get there starting at Delta's main page. Thanks.

Also is there a separate page for the Delta Plat card?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't believe there are any links to the MQM Boost selection page on Delta's website (search yields nothing). The selection page only applies to Reserve cardholders as the Platinum card does not let you select an alternate recipient for the MQM Boost (the Boost deposit occurs automatically).
Old Mar 1, 2021, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
I don't believe there are any links to the MQM Boost selection page on Delta's website (search yields nothing). The selection page only applies to Reserve cardholders as the Platinum card does not let you select an alternate recipient for the MQM Boost (the Boost deposit occurs automatically).

Thanks! Waiting for Delta to post my MQM boosts via Delta biz Plat. I'm impatient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.