I just want to gripe about last week

Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I just want to gripe about last week

I just want to vent to my FT friends for a minute...thanks for listening.

Plans were Fri 3/31 RIC-JFK-MXP, return 4/6, Depart 4/7 RIC-ATL-IAH, return 4/9, depart 4/10 PHF-ATL-DAY. [dates fixed]

Flying with Wife, except last trip.

1. Get an early text that my afternoon RIC JFK is three+ hours late. Now have 30 min connection in JFK. Rebooked to earlier flight to LGA...scramble out the door in 10 mins from cold start.

2. Old flight to JFK cancelled (Yay me). RIC-LGA. Many hours to make TATL at JFK.

3. RIC- LGA Many hours late. Now it's a mad scramble in New York to get to JFK. Rush hour, heavy storm, taxi to JFK...MADE IT. Visit Daughter in Switzerland. Head home.

4. Land in JFK. Weather is CAVOK (nice). JFK-RIC cancelled. Nothing for three days. Nothing from LGA. Nothing from EWR, Nothing to ORF, ATL, PHF. Won't rebook me JFK-IAH. Sorry. Wife is crying because she doesn't get to see her son in Texas for Parent's weekend

5. No hotel, no car offer. none available at JFK anyway. End up in Manhattan by Penn Station to maybe take train.

6. Flight to RIC-ATL (to IAH) cancelled. Didn't really matter because I'm in Midtown Manhattan trying to find a one way rental.

7. Drive home in rental. Wife realizes she has left iPad in hotel. Breaks down.

8. Monday flight has 2+30 connection. PHF-ATL 2+15 late. End up making it after a sprint F9 to B33 because ATL-DAY is late also.

Thanks alot DL.

Last edited by orca15; Apr 16, 2017 at 8:27 am
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Your dates make no sense at all!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
You are so befuddled from your trip, that you have obviously?? posted the wrong dates. However, please except 20K for your troubles.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi
Your dates make no sense at all!
Sorry, a month off. I'll fix it. It was last week, as I mentioned. Yes, I'm still recovering.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by orca15
Sorry, a month off. I'll fix it. It was last week, as I mentioned. Yes, I'm still recovering.
Yep, you and maybe a few hundred thousand others.

Really hundreds of thousands.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Guess FT "friends" was a bit of a misnomer

Last edited by orca15; Apr 14, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I just want to vent to my FT friends for a minute...thanks for listening.

Plans were Fri 3/31 RIC-JFK-MXP, return 4/6, Depart 4/7 RIC-ATL-IAH, return 4/9, depart 4/10 PHF-ATL-DAY. [dates fixed]

Flying with Wife, except last trip.

1. Get an early text that my afternoon RIC JFK is three+ hours late. Now have 30 min connection in JFK. Rebooked to earlier flight to LGA...scramble out the door in 10 mins from cold start.

2. Old flight to JFK cancelled (Yay me). RIC-LGA. Many hours to make TATL at JFK.

3. RIC- LGA Many hours late. Now it's a mad scramble in New York to get to JFK. Rush hour, heavy storm, taxi to JFK...MADE IT. Visit Daughter in Switzerland. Head home.

4. Land in JFK. Weather is CAVOK (nice). RIC-JFK cancelled. Nothing for three days. Nothing from LGA. Nothing from EWR, Nothing to ORF, ATL, PHF. Won't rebook me JFK-IAH. Sorry. Wife is crying because she doesn't get to see her son in Texas for Parent's weekend

5. No hotel, no car offer. none available at JFK anyway. End up in Manhattan by Penn Station to maybe take train.

6. Flight to RIC-ATL (to IAH) cancelled. Didn't really matter because I'm in Midtown Manhattan trying to find a one way rental.

7. Drive home in rental. Wife realizes she has left iPad in hotel. Breaks down.

8. Monday flight has 2+30 connection. PHF-ATL 2+15 late. End up making it after a sprint F9 to B33 because ATL-DAY is late also.

Thanks alot DL.
I'm listening, Orca.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Why couldn't they just get you straight to IAH from JFK? Was there no availability, or did they decide this would be against policy? I mean, surely they can see you have a RIC-IAH itinerary with them for the next day...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott
Hopefully the hotel was able to recover iPad? Called them?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by strickerj
Why couldn't they just get you straight to IAH from JFK? Was there no availability, or did they decide this would be against policy? I mean, surely they can see you have a RIC-IAH itinerary with them for the next day...
I had the do this last August when my JFK/LAX flight was delayed for over 36 hours. Was supposed to fly from LAX/TLV day after arrival. With the new departure time wouldn't even be able to get rerouted onto an airline that could connect in Europe to go onto TLV. They went ahead and booked me on the TLV flight leaving in about three hours after the final delayed departure. Had no luggage for four days since that went on to LAX. HOWEVER they didn't make me fly out to LAX to start the ticket and be delayed a day getting into TLV.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Last week was a disaster... I did trains, planes (AA), and automobiles to get home... hoping DL reimburses me for the cash outlay I had to make to get there. Been doing this a long time and it's the worst experience I've ever had.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by strickerj
I, of course, pointed this out immediately upon finding that we wouldn't get home that night. "Just fly us out to Houston tomorrow." We were at the little help counter outside customs.

The first response was "I can't do or help you with that, call the Diamond line." Eventually they decided to help (I was on "call back" with the Diamond line during this period) and got permission from somewhere to book it, but there was nothing except standby out of LGA for two days. We decided against sitting in an airport for another day.

I'm telling you, they had nothing going in any direction I could think of. For days. It was really a mess.

Last edited by orca15; Apr 15, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 206driver
Hopefully the hotel was able to recover iPad? Called them?
They claim they didn't find it, even though we both remember it sitting on the bed as we were getting ready to leave. Our fault of course, but I wish people were more honest.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:36 am

They claim they didn't find it, even though we both remember it sitting on the bed as we were getting ready to leave. Our fault of course, but I wish people were more honest.
The person you spoke to may have been telling the truth (as in they couldn't find it when looking for it) as someone on the cleaning crew probably pilfered it shortly after you left it there.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Call Apple and report it. They can then search for it. It it goes online itell report the location and if you ask turn it off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.