Wiki Posts
Search

I just want to gripe about last week

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh man, I'd be pissed

at my wife for leaving the iPad.

I think the flight directions in the OP are also messed up. Definitely confusing!

But similar story here. Amtrak, UA *and* AA (and VX in a way) all came through for us while Delta left us swinging in the breeze.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Oh man, I'd be pissed

at my wife for leaving the iPad.

I think the flight directions in the OP are also messed up. Definitely confusing!

But similar story here. Amtrak, UA *and* AA (and VX in a way) all came through for us while Delta left us swinging in the breeze.
Corrected...thanks...but getting mad at the wife while she is breaking down is generally considered counter-productive

Couldn't believe the Amtrak prices...minimum $200 each NYC-RIC. Saw a $350+ ticket as well...especially after coming back from Switzerland. Hertz was $130 one way. Avis wanted $0.50 a mile plus $70.

Addendum to the last part of the story. When it looked like DL was going to hose me once again with the late PHF-ATL flight connection to DAY, my TA booked me on AA PHF-CLT-DAY...which then cancelled as well.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orca15
Corrected...thanks...but getting mad at the wife while she is breaking down is generally considered counter-productive

Couldn't believe the Amtrak prices...minimum $200 each NYC-RIC. Saw a $350+ ticket as well...especially after coming back from Switzerland. Hertz was $130 one way. Avis wanted $0.50 a mile plus $70.
Yeah, you do what you have to do. We got "lucky" that Amtrak at a good time (for us) was "only" $73pp one-way NYP to PHL, booked maybe 10 hours in advance. Though that can go as low as $39 when bought way in advance. And somehow I had a $49 voucher in my account that I must have forgotten about. ^ At that point, I didn't even bother looking into a one-way car rental. Probably would have been cheaper to get one from JFK right there instead of Uber home at 1:30am +Subway+Amtrak+Septa, although the airport may well have been sold out that Thursday night.

Anyway, just sent to DL a request and documentation of the incremental charges, we'll see what happens.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Addendum to the last part of the story. When it looked like DL was going to hose me once again with the late PHF-ATL flight connection to DAY, my TA booked me on AA PHF-CLT-DAY...which then cancelled as well.
Generally is counter-productive? Must have a keeper if it's OK to get mad at partner sometimes.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:06 am
Formerly known as scootr29

alot = a lot
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SSF556
alot = a lot
Ok? Random thought for the day? Bugs me also. However I don't even see where either is used in this thread.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:16 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Ok? Random thought for the day? Bugs me also. However I don't even see where either is used in this thread.
Last line of OP's rant on page #1 .
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SSF556
Last line of OP's rant on page #1 .
ah, OK missed it. Still, a lot to get worked up about over a lot of nothing.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Delta has announced a $125 MM hit as a consequence of the disruptions:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5396272656001/
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: DL-G, UA,Hilton,Hertz
They claim they didn't find it, even though we both remember it sitting on the bed as we were getting ready to leave. Our fault of course, but I wish people were more honest.
Find Ipad/Iphone turned on?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Delta has announced a $125 MM hit as a consequence of the disruptions:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5396272656001/
Correct, and this was announced last Wednesday, by the way, if you pay attention to the video!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by audidudi
Correct, and this was announced last Wednesday, by the way, if you pay attention to the video!
And your point is?

Sorry for the untimeliness. I spent the last two weeks, including intervening weekend, working extremely long days. I'm afraid that FT did not receive the attention that it so richly deserves.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:06 am

What Nelson Mandela Said!!!

I just want to vent to my FT friends for a minute...thanks for listening.

Plans were Fri 3/31 RIC-JFK-MXP, return 4/6, Depart 4/7 RIC-ATL-IAH, return 4/9, depart 4/10 PHF-ATL-DAY. [dates fixed]

Flying with Wife, except last trip.

1. Get an early text that my afternoon RIC JFK is three+ hours late. Now have 30 min connection in JFK. Rebooked to earlier flight to LGA...scramble out the door in 10 mins from cold start.

2. Old flight to JFK cancelled (Yay me). RIC-LGA. Many hours to make TATL at JFK.

3. RIC- LGA Many hours late. Now it's a mad scramble in New York to get to JFK. Rush hour, heavy storm, taxi to JFK...MADE IT. Visit Daughter in Switzerland. Head home.

4. Land in JFK. Weather is CAVOK (nice). JFK-RIC cancelled. Nothing for three days. Nothing from LGA. Nothing from EWR, Nothing to ORF, ATL, PHF. Won't rebook me JFK-IAH. Sorry. Wife is crying because she doesn't get to see her son in Texas for Parent's weekend

5. No hotel, no car offer. none available at JFK anyway. End up in Manhattan by Penn Station to maybe take train.

6. Flight to RIC-ATL (to IAH) cancelled. Didn't really matter because I'm in Midtown Manhattan trying to find a one way rental.

7. Drive home in rental. Wife realizes she has left iPad in hotel. Breaks down.

8. Monday flight has 2+30 connection. PHF-ATL 2+15 late. End up making it after a sprint F9 to B33 because ATL-DAY is late also.

Thanks alot DL.
Someone once asked Nelson Mandela why he was not more angry. His answer was, “If I thought it would be useful, I would be.”
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
Someone once asked Nelson Mandela why he was not more angry. His answer was, “If I thought it would be useful, I would be.”
I concede any personality comparison with Nelson

But I was nice at the counter!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gwing21
Find Ipad/Iphone turned on?
Yep. No luck. It was definitely not "lost."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.