Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incredibly poor/good customer service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Incredibly poor/good customer service

Flying from NRT to PDX - equipment change - I lose bulkhead seat - I caught the "equipment change" thing ten minutes after it happened and called in immediately. They refused to give me my seat back - said it wouldn't be fair to the new person who had my seat (even though he/she probably had no idea and middle of the night in Tokyo?????) - absolutely ticked off but I don't get angry even though lady showed almost no empathy; supervisor showed no empathy. Their saving grace was they allowed me to change from HND to MSP at no charge b/c lost of empty seats so at least would have empty middle.

Now the incredibly good:

By some miracle my exact right side aisle seat in bulkhead reopens -so I call in and they change my flight, no questions asked. Then, I lost my upgrade from from west coast to JFK b/c of this whole kerfuffle and I'd be waitlisted so they give me a complimentary Z class upgrade.

love delta.

Last edited by Tedgrrrr; Apr 13, 2017 at 2:30 am
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
You said that you flew from HND>MSP. How did you get to the west coast in the first place? Secondly, what instrument were you using for the transcon upgrade? I don't see you are a PM/DM from your profile, unless you've omitted the fact, and therefore you would be using either an RUC or a GUC?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by audidudi
You said that you flew from HND>MSP. What instrument were you using for the transcon upgrade? I don't see you are a PM/DM from your profile, unless you've omitted the fact, and therefore you would be using either an RUC or a GUC? How did you get to the west coast in the first place?
sorry i wrote it very poorly. I haven't flown yet - my flight is tonight - was supposed to go NRT to PDX; after they stole my bulkhead, they moved me to HND to MSP; and then a bulkhead C+ seat opened on yet another flight, so they moved me to that one. But then, they are giving me Z seat from West Coast to JFK. - seems like they went above and beyond, though I still think they should have just given me my seat back on NRT to PDX.

I am PM.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
But then, they are giving me Z seat from West Coast to JFK. - seems like they went above and beyond, though I still think they should have just given me my seat back on NRT to PDX.
So the make-good was a free upgrade on DeltaOne across the USA?
That's way better than a C+ ride across the Pacific.
Pretty surprising if that's the way it worked^
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bowgie
So the make-good was a free upgrade on DeltaOne across the USA?
That's way better than a C+ ride across the Pacific.
Pretty surprising if that's the way it worked^
Not delta one - but first class nonetheless - and I should add, I was initially using an RUC which had cleared. I was willing to use one now, but they had no way of "forcing" it through given that no space for RUC's available.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:16 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Not delta one - but first class nonetheless - and I should add, I was initially using an RUC which had cleared. I was willing to use one now, but they had no way of "forcing" it through given that no space for RUC's available.
​​​​​​I can't believe they actually changed your fights twice because of a seating issue. That, IMO, is pretty nice.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
​​​​​​I can't believe they actually changed your fights twice because of a seating issue. That, IMO, is pretty nice.
yeah, I can't believe it either - great customer service. Still think they should have looked at covertly changing my seat with the guy who lucked out and suddenly got my bulkhead before he/she noticed. (I literally caught it within 10 minutes of it happening).
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Even though you are likely correct that the other passenger likely had not caught the seat change yet, it seems that DL (as well as UA & AA) does not involuntarily move passengers to reaccomodate in these situations. There simply isn't a timeframe which works at 5, 10 minutes or 5 hours.

When it does happen, it turns into a conflagration on the other side.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

i'm curious about the way they upgrade it - I think on original flight it was row 11; and on new flight was row 17. so do they just keep whoever is in row 17 in the new row 17? or do they try to match people into the most similar seats, etc?

At least I didn't end up in a middle
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:29 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Sounds like you got amazing customer service.

Equipment changes happen but Delta kicking somebody out of their seat just because you asked would be horrible.

You got a reroute and a transcon FC upgrade for an equipment change. Sounds like you got two huge favors.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
anyone else notice OP's other gripe thread about the same flight?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:23 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by jrl767
anyone else notice OP's other gripe thread about the same flight?
Yep. Some people are never happy, even though he did get a comp upgrade in this case.

Last edited by C W; Apr 13, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.