Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Early April Operation Disruption Compensation

Early April Operation Disruption Compensation

Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
When I called the medallion line the agent was very friendly and gave me and my spouse $200 vouchers right away, it took no pushing.
I think I am going to call. Have a question about something else. And the return apology call talked about the 20K and yet still haven't seen that.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by StangGT909
So far most of these posts have noted the 20,000 or $200 vouchers that went to everyone

Has anyone received a formal response from a submission via the "complaint" link?

Typically, their response time for me has been ~ 3 days, but obviously this case has enormous demand.

Just wondering at what point to be patient vs follow up, curious if anyone has received a response yet
Yes. I filed a complaint on Thursday, a few hours before the 20K hit. They responded on Monday with an addition to the 20K. The auto 20K hit my account like most others.

I had 2x cancellations in the same day, two different airports that are about 1.5 hours apart. I went from one to the other and 2nd cancelled out right when I got there. 2 hrs in a line to rebook (DM line called back in 45 min but couldn't do next day), night in a hotel, and an almost 6 hr delay on the next day flight. No vacations of a lifetime were ruined, but I only get 2.5 days a week at home so when I lose one I'm a bit grumpy.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I documented my journey in another post, but the short version is we got stranded at JFK.

I filed via the web form, but after 8 days decided to call. They had my letter but hadn't gotten to it yet. The pleasant agent decided to take care of it right there. I got all of the costs (hotel, taxi, rental car, fuel) and $150 gift card, plus the standard 20K SMs that most seem to have gotten.

Happy(ish).
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by orca15
I documented my journey in another post, but the short version is we got stranded at JFK.

I filed via the web form, but after 8 days decided to call. They had my letter but hadn't gotten to it yet. The pleasant agent decided to take care of it right there. I got all of the costs (hotel, taxi, rental car, fuel) and $150 gift card, plus the standard 20K SMs that most seem to have gotten.

Happy(ish).
What number did you call?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I wrote in but haven't received a response yet. I did get the 20k miles deposited to my account. I'm looking for a refund of one of the flights I didn't use as it was cancelled. I was told to write in for a refund so I'm hoping they respond soon.

It's been a week & I'll give them another one before following up.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
10 days after long delays and missed connections on Sunday, Apr 9 and 7 days after sending a complaint, nothing from DL has been received or responded to. Not even sure if DL is still working the issue.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
10 days after long delays and missed connections on Sunday, Apr 9 and 7 days after sending a complaint, nothing from DL has been received or responded to. Not even sure if DL is still working the issue.
After the late January meltdown, I got a call at 8pm nearly 5 weeks after my complaint to inform me I would be compensated for having to purchase WN tickets to get home.

Granted..This latest meltdown is still being blamed on "weather" so YMMV
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by flyerslc
What number did you call?
Diamond Line. Probably why it got handled as I waited??
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: DL 2MM, DL Gold Medallion
Like many of you, I experienced a series of delays, cancellations and customer service break-downs on Friday April 7. I completed the comments/complaint form on Delta's web site on April 12 and on April 13 my Skymiles account was credited with 20,000 miles -- which Delta apparently granted automatically to anyone who was directly impacted by the travel delays.

Today I received an email from "Contact Delta" confirming receipt of my written comments and advising me that they would investigate my concerns and get back to me as soon as possible. The email indicated it may take up to 30 days for their response.

I thought would share this because it appears Delta is continuing to review individual complaints and claims that were submitted via their online form. I hope this means Delta is still "working the issue" because I will not be satisfied until I am reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a direct result of their meltdown.

Last edited by hrhmadonna; Apr 20, 2017 at 9:34 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had previously received the 20k miles. I called in and received $200 voucher today thanks to FT. Rep said they were able to process the $200 voucher if you had multiple affected segments during that period.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by hrhmadonna
Like many of you, I experienced a series of delays, cancellations and customer service break-downs on Friday April 7. I completed the comments/complaint form on Delta's web site on April 12 and on April 13 my Skymiles account was credited with 20,000 miles -- which Delta apparently granted automatically to anyone who was directly impacted by the travel delays.

Today I received an email from "Contact Delta" confirming receipt of my written comments and advising me that they would investigate my concerns and get back to me as soon as possible. The email indicated it may take up to 30 days for their response.

I thought would share this because it appears Delta is continuing to review individual complaints and claims that were submitted via their online form. I hope this means Delta is still "working the issue" because I will not be satisfied until I am reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a direct result of their meltdown.

Thanks for the feedback that responses are still in process and possible.
I submitted a second claim (this was after the 20,000 automatic miles posted)
It's reasonable that it could take a while to get a response, just reassuring that it's still in process not rejected
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
What I don't get is that I had a lengthy delay on April 7 (flying back from Europe) and then another lengthy delay on April 9 going to vacation which caused a lot of unneeded stress and required lots of acrobatics to get to our destination and still zero response from a complaint sent in over a week ago or "automatic" anything. Just wondering if there are any in this same boat with me?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Try sending in another message? I did a few days ago and got a call from DL cust service yesterday apologizing for the delay on contacting me and that they did receive my messages, along with apologies for the operational issues.

They are working through them, but obviously have a lot from the size and length of the disruptions.

Last edited by rylan; Apr 21, 2017 at 7:03 am
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Called in. Was told to fill out the comment/complaint section and ask for what I want. I even said '200 dollar voucher'. Denied by the PM line.

Will fill out the form now.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
What I don't get is that I had a lengthy delay on April 7 (flying back from Europe) and then another lengthy delay on April 9 going to vacation which caused a lot of unneeded stress and required lots of acrobatics to get to our destination and still zero response from a complaint sent in over a week ago or "automatic" anything. Just wondering if there are any in this same boat with me?
Stranded Apr 6 at JFK, had to cancel vacation Apr 7-9. Got refund for the latter plus 10K miles, plus compensation described a few posts up.

Rep made it clear that they wold have gotten to me if I hadn;t called,said they are way behind, I say you are probably in the queue. I would have waited had I known, but of course a phone call may also get you a bit extra.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.