Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Early April Operation Disruption Compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early April Operation Disruption Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Originally Posted by kitkat77
Did you complain or was this unsolicited?
My Friday flight was canceled, full refund. I received an E survey on Monday which I filled out. 20k posted tonight (4-13). Nice touch Delta.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL - PM
I also just got 20,000 miles. Cancellation Thursday morning and a very creative rebook.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Are all medallions receiving this 20K miles bonus even if they didn't fly during the IRROPS hell, or only if they had interrupted flights last week/weekend?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Flew Friday morning PIT/LGA, and delayed 3:53 arriving.

Saturday morning on time return home.

Both 7,500 mile award tix.

Got an apology eMail for EACH day - - but as of right now, ZERO miles.

Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
20,000 miles just hit my account. No status (anymore). Connecting flight cancelled on 4/7 resulting in myself having to book a flight on WN to avoid being stranded in SEA for 2 days. Nice gesture, very much appreciated. However once I finish the return portion of my itinerary tomorrow I will still be calling to get a refund for the 2 segments that I did not fly due to DL cancellations.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Interesting.

PM and no miles yet. Multiple cancelations on Wednesday(the start of the issue). Thursday flight delayed.

Wait and see. I have a complaint detailing into Delta as well.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:56 pm

Just received an email on this. They certainly weren't beating around the bush. Great subject line. Points hit the account instantly - or at least by the time (5 minutes after email sent) when I checked my account.

First "flight" on DL in years.

*never flew due to the mess
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight cancelled on Thursday. Reaccom wasn't for 72 hours. (Made other arrangements). Just got the email about 20k miles, and a $200 voucher.
Whatever.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
My spouse and I have both received 20k RDMs. We were on ATL-JFK Friday morning, rolling 30-min delays then CXLD at STD+ 6 hours. By then we already had a rental, drove to NY that night and next day. The flight we were rebooked on for Saturday went off with an 8 hour delay. We weren't on it, so someone else got our seats.

Won't bother with ORC. But do want the unused tix credited for future travel. And we need to talk about the ~$325 the rental and an overnight hotel en route cost.

Thankfully, most fortunately, China Eastern took mercy on us and rebooked our separate ticket to BKK with about a 36-hour delay.

Edited to add: Just saw the prior post and checked email. Got the email. Nice note from Ed B.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL PM
Fiancé, GM, had two flights canceled and got the 20k miles. After a sleepless night (spent over 6 hours waiting on hold for DL), I managed to get her on an alternate routing for the following day. We had to change some plans around, but it worked out more or less.

I (DM) had a flight delayed ~9hrs through ATL, managed to snag the last seat on an alternate flight through SLC, which was delayed 2 hours... No miles for me (yet). Not sure what their cutoff is?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Mrs Sofasurfer (no status, although she had submitted a status challenge that never seemed to even get acknowledged - but that's a separate issue..) also just got the 20k email.
She hasn't had time or inclination to respond to survey emails that came in, has receipts for all out of pocket expenses incurred due to the snafu, sounds like it is worth submitting a claim for those. And, I think, a reminder about the total fail on the response to the status challenge (as the trip she took would have gotten her it... Worth one final try, I guess)
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I received a $0 voucher. I'm not kidding. They actually gave me a voucher in the amount of $0.00.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I just happened to call the DM hotline about a GUC issue, and inquired VERY NICELY as to whether or not she had heard if any compensation was being issued for last week's debacle. I made it clear that I wasn't asking for anything, and that my 4 hour delay was absolutely minimal compared to what other people had experienced, and that I was just curious if she knew anything about it because I heard of some compensation being issued by reports online.

She told me that I was entitled to either 20,000 miles ~or~ a $200 ECV!

I was SHOCKED!

I'm hoping FT'ers don't flood the Medallion hotlines saying that they read this on FlyerTalk!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Got an email for 20k sky pesos.

Will be submitting reimbursement claim for hotel taxi and rental car.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
I'm interested what will happen to my 5 hour delayed LGA-CLT on Monday (which I ended up not taking as my trip was pointless by that point).

I was particularly upset that they sent me a notification of a 4 hour delay at 5:15 AM on Monday (2 and a half hours before scheduled departure)--typically that's a missing crew/missing plane/crew in need of rest which information is knowable the night before, and which Delta normally promulgates promptly.

Anyway, I sent my first complaint in years--I don't do it unless I'm really pissed. I think four years ago I got $250 voucher/25K miles for an LGA-MSP departure that left 7 hours late (while 3 other ones made it out earlier, but no offer to put me on this). I also send my first .... rating on Delta in a long time when I got my survey for the flight I finally did on TUE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.