Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assigned at gate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I tend to agree nice people are treated nicely, but how can nice people even get the opportunity when DL can't be reached?
Maybe because more important people with more important issues are being prioritized?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:52 pm

How can you even claim that when those in DL's highest published medallion tier CAN'T EVEN GET THROUGH to the diamond medallion line to have an opportunity to even be unfriendly and not nice? The ability to have DL call you back didn't work for me either.

I tend to agree nice people are treated nicely, but how can nice people even get the opportunity when DL can't be reached?
I saw some suggestions on trying to Skype or call the Singapore call center. Anyone able to get through?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Widgets
I roll my eyes at the "greedy airlines hate the proletariat" mantra. People love to hate banks and airlines. The only complaints I've heard this week are online from armchair airline executives, not at the airport. Nice people are treated nicely. If you're difficult to deal with, you won't get much in return, especially with long lines.
Well, here is a complaint from someone who is not an armchair airline executive, but a passenger who has been stranded in DC for three days hoping that on my third trip to the airport tomorrow I might get home. I have been nice to the staff and they have been nice to me - for the most part. But they keep booking me on flights where the delays keep rolling and then they finally cancel the flight because of lack of crew. The gate agents have told me they do not understand why ops are telling them to tell the customers that they are waiting for crew when the agents do not see any flights coming with available crew. Delta will not reimburse for flights purchased on other airlines and will not pay for hotel or meals. You know how much a hotel room in DC costs? I have been to both DCA and BWI by cab and spent over seven hours at each airport. I was finally able to purchase a ticket on SWA that I plan to use tomorrow as I have little faith that the DL flight tomorrow will actually fly. I will be eating the cost of that too.

Tell us how Delta manages its standby policy for crew. How do they decide how many to have on standby? Do they pay them overtime? Was there a breakdown in your scheduling system or did they just have enough people on standby? Are the stories on the pilot board about FAs waiting around without assignment true?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by flyerslc
Well, here is a complaint from someone who is not an armchair airline executive, but a passenger who has been stranded in DC for three days hoping that on my third trip to the airport tomorrow I might get home. I have been nice to the staff and they have been nice to me - for the most part. But they keep booking me on flights where the delays keep rolling and then they finally cancel the flight because of lack of crew. The gate agents have told me they do not understand why ops are telling them to tell the customers that they are waiting for crew when the agents do not see any flights coming with available crew. Delta will not reimburse for flights purchased on other airlines and will not pay for hotel or meals. You know how much a hotel room in DC costs? I have been to both DCA and BWI by cab and spent over seven hours at each airport. I was finally able to purchase a ticket on SWA that I plan to use tomorrow as I have little faith that the DL flight tomorrow will actually fly. I will be eating the cost of that too.

Tell us how Delta manages its standby policy for crew. How do they decide how many to have on standby? Do they pay them overtime? Was there a breakdown in your scheduling system or did they just have enough people on standby? Are the stories on the pilot board about FAs waiting around without assignment true?
I only know that flight attendants are getting $40/hour incentive pay on top of their base rate. I haven't heard about crew lounges being full without flights being assigned for them. Since a lot of aircraft are parked overnight at out stations, crew rest on the first flights of the day can have a cascading impact, even though many crews are scheduled for 24 hour layovers because they're arriving so late. You should try submitting your WN receipt for reimbursement next week, just in case.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve
How can you even claim that when those in DL's highest published medallion tier CAN'T EVEN GET THROUGH to the diamond medallion line to have an opportunity to even be unfriendly and not nice? The ability to have DL call you back didn't work for me either.

I don't know if this is entirely true. I was getting help from @Delta on Twitter with delays of maybe 5 - 10 minutes between messages on 4/5.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC

I did a same day change for my daughter during the height of the disruption using Twitter. All completed in about 10 minutes - no issues and all were happy.

YMMV!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.