Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do Platinum members and companion get upgraded to Comfort + on international flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Platinum members and companion get upgraded to Comfort + on international flights?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:24 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I'm trying to figure out the same thing for flights to VCE with a return from ZAG. If I fly on Delta metal as a platinum, I could get an immediate C+ seat (if available). It looks like Air France C+ seats are actually wider. If I fly AF, do I pay for their C+ seat? How would it work if I fly a KLM plane and want a C+ seat?
AF has a true premium economy class to which you won't get moved without paying. They also have preferred seats (Air France Seat Plus) with extra legroom that you do get access to as a DL Plat.

KLM has a Economy Comfort product (like Delta's C+) to which a DM/PM get's access.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Any help is appreciated, as im AA EXP and DL PLatinum but not that familiar with the rules, despite reading all this.

Flying with my wife and 3 kids (no status)

LAX to MSP to KEF.

Should I book 2 separate PNRs (me and one of them so we are upgrade eligible) and then the 3 with no status?

Or if I book us all 5 together can i still select comfort + for 2 of us directly after booking? I assume i cant get comfort + for all of us.

Or am i not eligible for comfort + on the INTL segment? When i do a dummy booking it doesnt allow me to select comfort +, even if i do it foir 2 of us and they have no status but do have a Dl FF number.

Please help.

much appreciated
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JBauer
Any help is appreciated, as im AA EXP and DL PLatinum but not that familiar with the rules, despite reading all this.

Flying with my wife and 3 kids (no status)

LAX to MSP to KEF.

Should I book 2 separate PNRs (me and one of them so we are upgrade eligible) and then the 3 with no status?

Or if I book us all 5 together can i still select comfort + for 2 of us directly after booking? I assume i cant get comfort + for all of us.

Or am i not eligible for comfort + on the INTL segment? When i do a dummy booking it doesnt allow me to select comfort +, even if i do it foir 2 of us and they have no status but do have a Dl FF number.

Please help.

much appreciated
C+ on DL is done as an upgrade like F. If booking in advance PM/DM will generally get upgraded as soon as booking is completed.

You can only have a +1 on your PNR. Anymore and no one, including you are eligible for window upgrades.
JBauer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
As flyerCO said, you'll have to book two sets of tickets. So pick one lucky kid
Except in very rare cases, C+ should be available very shortly after your booking completes. BTW I believe that DL is now treating First as "Premium Select" on the 752 that flies MSP-KEF, so you won't be eligible for UG even at the regular T-5 window, for moving up from C+.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Thanks.

So to be clear. Are we not eligible for a comfort plus upgrade on the INTL leg MSP to KEF?

thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
So to be clear. Are we not eligible for a comfort plus upgrade on the INTL leg MSP to KEF?

thanks.
You + one companion are eligible for a comfort plus upgrade on all segments. You + one companion will also be eligible for an F upgrade on your first domestic segment. As others have mentioned, as long as there is inventory typically PM/DM clear at booking into C+.

Just make sure that you and your single companion are on the same reservation and your companion has a SkyMiles number (general member is fine) entered.
JBauer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

thanks.
Originally Posted by langbr01
You + one companion are eligible for a comfort plus upgrade on all segments. You + one companion will also be eligible for an F upgrade on your first domestic segment. As others have mentioned, as long as there is inventory typically PM/DM clear at booking into C+.

Just make sure that you and your single companion are on the same reservation and your companion has a SkyMiles number (general member is fine) entered.
Yes 100% eligible and applicable to award travel too -- one of the underrated PM/DM perks.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
If this is revenue fare then I don't think you both would be upgraded. I booked a revenue ticket from SEA to PVG with my wife (I'm PM, she has no status) - I was offered a C+ seat, but not her. I called Platinum line and they said I could pay to upgrade her to C+ while my upgrade would be free. They only had C+ seats near restrooms so I passed and took an aisle and window in the front of main cabin.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by entel
If this is revenue fare then I don't think you both would be upgraded. I booked a revenue ticket from SEA to PVG with my wife (I'm PM, she has no status) - I was offered a C+ seat, but not her. I called Platinum line and they said I could pay to upgrade her to C+ while my upgrade would be free. They only had C+ seats near restrooms so I passed and took an aisle and window in the front of main cabin.
That's incorrect. As long as it's the same ticket and she has a SkyMiles account and it's entered into reservation (even if no status) it's a perk assuming C+ availability.

Have many examples with revenue and award tickets both in the past couple of months and booked for the rest of the year (both domestic and international).

If she is on a separate PNR it's a different story and you can only clear DOD at the gate (for both C+ and F).
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Have many examples with revenue and award tickets both in the past couple of months and booked for the rest of the year (both domestic and international).
Many examples with award tickets ?
I have take an Skybonus award ticket and they say me it is NOT possible she sit in Comfort+. (I am DM).
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Many examples with award tickets ?
I have take an Skybonus award ticket and they say me it is NOT possible she sit in Comfort+. (I am DM).
Yes. I can't speak to Skybonus but at present I have award flights to/from LHR and home to RDU fl fornarom SCL both booked in Y, both cleared to 'C+ at booking for.my wife and me for all flights.

On the flip side her award ticket to HHH without me (heading down early) is in regular Y as expected.

But not SkyBonus so I can't speak to that program specifically, these are just standard SkyMiles redemptions.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
That's incorrect. As long as it's the same ticket and she has a SkyMiles account and it's entered into reservation (even if no status) it's a perk assuming C+ availability.
Yep. I have been upgraded to C+ at booking, and to F both at the DM window and at the gate (on a domestic flight), with non-status companions, but as Duke787 notes, in all cases they were still general SkyMiles members with their membership number entered on the PNR.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum

If she is on a separate PNR it's a different story and you can only clear DOD at the gate (for both C+ and F).
Since we had different itineraries that must be why this happened to me. I was flying SEA-PVG. PEK-ICN, ICN-SEA and she was SEA-PVG, PEK-SEA. Thanks for the correction, I guess if we were on the same flight plan she would be upgraded to C+ with me.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I have had this happen to me. Best to book 2 separate reservations. You with one of the kids and then your wife with the other two. That way 2 of you will get the upgrade.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by entel
Since we had different itineraries that must be why this happened to me. I was flying SEA-PVG. PEK-ICN, ICN-SEA and she was SEA-PVG, PEK-SEA. Thanks for the correction, I guess if we were on the same flight plan she would be upgraded to C+ with me.
Best to use the correct terminology as that makes a difference. You must be on the SAME PNR (reservation number) to get the C+ upgrade for one companion. Being on the same itinerary, does not
mean the same PNR. If you are traveling on identical itineraries, but not on the same PNR, your companion will not get upgraded to C+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.