Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX BOGO, Cash & Miles now can Medallion upgrade & +1 UG changes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX BOGO, Cash & Miles now can Medallion upgrade & +1 UG changes!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by 123Go
It's possible for both of you to get an upgrade. Upgrades now clear at the higher tiered members status
That's amazing!
This change appears to be dead
D'oh!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I don't see it either.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
I still believe when flying with a +1 that the upgrade priority should be at the bottom of the level one is at: DM, PM, etc. The +1 bumps the folks who fly all the time to make a particular level and then get bumped by a flyer who is at a lower level or a general member. Just seems more fair to me!!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
How so? Just re-checked my relevant reservation and I'm still in C+, and still showing FC upgrade requested.

Also, the News/Updates post linked in OP still reads the same (at least in a quick skim, the important parts are functionally the same).

Last edited by gooselee; Apr 6, 2017 at 3:03 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
Also, the News/Updates post linked in OP still reads the same (at least in a quick skim, the important parts are functionally the same).
I didn't see what part of the News/Updates it was under - but I found it now!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
I still believe when flying with a +1 that the upgrade priority should be at the bottom of the level one is at: DM, PM, etc. The +1 bumps the folks who fly all the time to make a particular level and then get bumped by a flyer who is at a lower level or a general member. Just seems more fair to me!!
Well, if you're on an award ticket or PWM, your upgrade priority (with or without companion) is already at the very bottom within your Medallion level. The overall concept of companion upgrades has already been debated ad nauseum. And remember, before the gate, if 1 upgrade inventory seat opens up and a couple is above you, they'll be skipped and you'll get it.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:50 pm

Just split an award PNR of 4 pax. Me and spouse are in last row of C+, kids are in non-C+ row immediately behind. Perfect!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Great news!! I did not care that much about the F upgrade (though there were times I was one a flight with empty F seats and we were not upgraded) but not being able to select C+ seats was VERY annoying and rendered this basically unusable for me. I was thinking of switching to the reserve but I think I will hold out.

I wonder if we will be able to book directly into C+ with a companion cert? My PM spouse will drop to GM next year so neither of us will have access at booking but would pay for it if we could.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
[QUOTE/] And remember, before the gate, if 1 upgrade inventory seat opens up and a couple is above you, they'll be skipped and you'll get it.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that information is correct. Last time there was only one seat open and I was flying with companion, I was called by GA and asked if I would like the upgrade for just myself. So folks traveling with +1 aren't "skipped" exactly.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
[QUOTE/] And remember, before the gate, if 1 upgrade inventory seat opens up and a couple is above you, they'll be skipped and you'll get it.
I don't believe that information is correct. Last time there was only one seat open and I was flying with companion, I was called by GA and asked if I would like the upgrade for just myself. So folks traveling with +1 aren't "skipped" exactly.[/QUOTE]

I've been skipped in that situation. I think it comes down to how the GA wants to play it.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I said before the gate. Once you're at the gate, definitely GA discretion.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:24 am
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
If I can get a C+ seat when booking for me + companion, I might sign back up for the card. Sitting in the back on a transcon was enough for me to drop the card.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by denverhockeyguy
I'm actually happy for this change, but I feel that this actually devalues the reserve companion cert that allows you to purchase FC. Depending on the routes, you can feel pretty confident about upgrades.
To a degree (I have the Reserve Card), but as the saying goes, WFBF. Especially in a disaster like ATL has been the last couple days, being on an F ticket can be nice.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I booked DTW-PHX-DTW last week with an AMEX DL Reserve Companion Pass (first to PHX & coach back to DTW - FC wasn't available on the return) & it would not let me check the box for an FC upgrade on the return. After reading about this enhancement today I went back into the reservation & it did let me check the box to request an upgrade - WAHOO! So, if you have a reservation with the AMEX Companion Pass make sure you go back into them and check the upgrade box, it's not being done automatically.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
I just tried it within the app and it worked. WU both directions now for me and Mrs. Lee. Woohoo!
I can confirm It worked for me, I used delta app to confirm one of the segments and instantly upgraded to wu for myself and companion. Thanks Delta!

On a side note, I am extremely glad Delta has been increasing the benefits to those holding the reserve card over the last year,

Eligible for upgrades on companion tickets, increased priority for 25k+ spend, guest passes as a choice benefit. These three updates have made the reserve card worth incredibly more this year than last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.