Wiki Posts
Search

Partial DL System Outage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Partial DL System Outage

It seems most of the DL app and itinerary access on the website are down. DL's Twitter account is blowing up about it on top of the ATL delays. Going to be a bad day.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
With the weather impacting ATL yesterday and today, it's a very bad time for DL to have IT problems, not that it's ever a good time for this.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Currently sitting on the apron with about a half dozen other Delta flights rerouted to Savannah from Atlanta. They're telling us next update on the ground stop is in an hour.

Flight attendants have announced "we are nearly out of snacks." Panic setting in.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How horrible to be expected to fly all the way from Savannah to Atlanta with minimal snacks!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Everything is working fine for me. I doubt it's another outage. More likely the system is just experiencing some glitches from abnormally high traffic.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
It's quiet now, but this morning, the rain was very heavy, the thunder was shaking my house and the lightening was low and close. Trees are down and the lightening started some fires.

Last edited by CJKatl; Apr 5, 2017 at 9:10 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
It's quiet now, but this morning, the rain was very heavy, the thunder was shaking my house and the lightening was low and close. Trees are down and
Well that trails off kind of disconcertingly...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:14 am

For me, the iPad DL app is working better than usual today. Often it just grinds while either logging in or loading information and hangs before it (ever) displays anything. This happens with an otherwise good and fast internet connection.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat
Sitting in the Skyclub at B terminal. App lost my flight. Got a paper boarding pass, delayed 3 hours so far. Looks like I'll miss a meeting so I might just get a flight home instead.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat
And Delta just cancelled my flight...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Delta.com is working fine for me

ATL delays aren't surprising given how much severe weather is in the Southeast today and moving up our way (RDU) later this evening and into the early morning tomorrow
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by dfwnative
Currently sitting on the apron with about a half dozen other Delta flights rerouted to Savannah from Atlanta. They're telling us next update on the ground stop is in an hour.

Flight attendants have announced "we are nearly out of snacks." Panic setting in.
It's fine as long as you aren't out of coffee.

David

Last edited by DiverDave; Apr 5, 2017 at 9:58 am Reason: change photo to youtube clip
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Setherd
Sitting in the Skyclub at B terminal. App lost my flight. Got a paper boarding pass, delayed 3 hours so far. Looks like I'll miss a meeting so I might just get a flight home instead.
Just remember the phrase "flight in vain."

Originally Posted by Setherd
And Delta just cancelled my flight...
Is this good news or bad news?

Originally Posted by DiverDave
It's fine as long as you aren't out of coffee.

David
Or water. Some would add bourbon, wine, and beer to the list.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Flights added back to the app and Delta website now.

However, I am still having issues changing flights due to IRROPS.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by dfwnative
The noon newscast was showing live radar of "Rotation" just south east of the airport. At about 12:30, they were showing three separate tornado watch areas east and south of ATL.... be thankful you weren't flying thru any of that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.