Wiki Posts
Search

Which 767 subfleet am I on???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, TrueBlue
Which 767 subfleet am I on???

Newbie here and this is my first posting. I'm flying on DL459 this sunday JFK-SFO. I'm booked in the bulkhead/exit row (first row) of Economy+, but the seatmap on DL says its an exit row. The seatguru map says that this particular configuration doesn't have a window either, but that its also the least common configuration. So how do I find out what configuration I'm on to avoid having a windowless flight with no legroom? Literally any help is appreciated.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by mattspouy
So how do I find out what configuration I'm on to avoid having a windowless flight with no legroom? Literally any help is appreciated.
This post (actually, both of your posts), belongs in the DL forum. A moderator has been notified.

Compare the DL seating chart to Seatguru to determine the configuration.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:37 am

I'm assuming you are sitting in aisle 13. Delta has 5 configurations for their 767-300 fleet.

I can narrow it down to two:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/De...67-300ER_C.php

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/De...-300ER_76Z.php

Unfortunately, one of the possibilities is your dreaded version. It looks like both versions are used on transcon flights.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
You can enter your airline, flight number and travel date on seatguru.com and it will show you the configuration of the specific aircraft that they expect to be used for that flight. Last-minute changes happen, of course.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk mattspouy.

As this is a DL operated flight, we'll move this to the DL forum.

Please note this started in the Flame Free Information Desk.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott PL, DL GM
Based on my research, it seems you are most likely on SeatGuru's "76H/76Z" configuration. DL shows only 1 config for the "2L birds" (as I tend to call them), and it shows that there are power ports in Y in seats 23/24CDE. The only SeatGuru config that shows that is the 76H/76Z one, which suggests that the 76H/76Z configuration indeed the surviving configuration with the window (and possible extra legroom) in 13A.

I may be wrong however. Feel free to correct me!

Last edited by N644US; Apr 4, 2017 at 10:31 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I flew one of these a/c LHR-JFK a couple of weeks ago. I would NOT sit in the window seat - the slide sticks out quite a bit.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Since this thread is active I would like to jump in with a question.

I have a choice of saving 2 hr on a 9 hr trip by switching from a late arriving domestic 757 to a domestic transcon B767 with the awful reported F class seats which I broke my baby teeth on years ago.

We're a party of 4 with two booked in first and 2 booked in W class.

I'm willing to suffer in first class B767 to save 2 hours of travel, but how good or bad is the switch from a B757 to a B767 transcon in W class? Right now the seat selections are wide open so any hints would be appreciated
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo

I have a choice of saving 2 hr on a 9 hr trip by switching from a late arriving domestic 757 to a domestic transcon B767 with the awful reported F class seats which I broke my baby teeth on years ago.

I'm willing to suffer in first class B767 to save 2 hours of travel, but how good or bad is the switch from a B757 to a B767 transcon in W class? Right now the seat selections are wide open so any hints would be appreciated
The 767 IFE is ancient compared to 757 IFE if that matters. Smaller screen, not as responsive, and lower resolution.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo

If you're flying from JFK>LAX/SFO>JFK, then you'll be on a 767ER with lie-flat seats in D1. If however you're flying from any other departure point, then you could be on one of the 4 remaining non-ERs with the recliner seats and small IFE screens!

Last edited by audidudi; Apr 5, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:47 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
If you're flying from JFK>LAX/SFO>JFK, then you'll be on a 767ER with lie-flat seats in D1. If however you're flying from any other departure point, then you could be on one of the 4 remaining non-ERs with the recliner seats and small IFE screens!
No such luck getting D1. ,The schedule shows the old B767.

Yes, I know about the IFE differences and the first class seats which I might be willing to suffer to save 2 hrs total time.

What about the "W" cabin for the rest of my party any seat warnings or best selections?. I would lean toward the front RH side bulkhead just behind F class unless this is a bad move

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.