Expansion of Domestic D1 Service?

Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Expansion of Domestic D1 Service?

Has this been discussed somewhere already? The T&C for upgrade certs now says

Delta One / Regional Upgrades / Only eligible on nonstop flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, DCA-LAX, and BOS-SFO
(I remember the discussion about Y meal service returning, but not this...)

Looks like service starts around July on 75S equipment for BOS-SFO.

Last edited by bennos; Mar 28, 2017 at 4:53 am
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: Delta PM
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...e-flights.html
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Thanks, not sure how I missed that thread since it ran for three days...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:23 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
They're also launching D1 on SAN-JFK once a day on the noon flight (they also have a morning and redeye) in mid-August to compete with jetBlue, who is launching Mint on the route on the midday flight. jetBlue does not look like it's selling Mint on their redeye yet.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by cmx
They're also launching D1 on SAN-JFK once a day on the noon flight (they also have a morning and redeye) in mid-August to compete with jetBlue, who is launching Mint on the route on the midday flight. jetBlue does not look like it's selling Mint on their redeye yet.
Do you mean lie-flat seats, or Delta One class?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:41 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
Interesting question--I thought the original announcement was for D1, but I may have imagined that. It's obviously a competitive response to jetBlue, so maybe originally they assumed jetBlue was going to put Mint on both their daily routes and decided to launch D1 on all SAN-JFK, but backed off. It looks like it's being marketed currently as first.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmx
It is just D1 equipment for that flight. This is not a designated D1 route, so you will not D1 service or benefits (like lounge access). You will be charged an extra $75 (plus excise tax) each way for the equipment (it's embedded in the fare).
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by LBJ
It is just D1 equipment for that flight. This is not a designated D1 route, so you will not D1 service or benefits (like lounge access). You will be charged an extra $75 (plus excise tax) each way for the equipment (it's embedded in the fare).
just like JFK<-->SEA/PDX, ATL<-->LAX/SAN/SFO/SEA, etc ... and if it's a 400-series flight it will erroneously show "Not Upgrade Eligible to First Class"
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:03 pm
cmx

Originally Posted by jrl767
just like JFK<-->SEA/PDX, ATL<-->LAX/SAN/SFO/SEA, etc ... and if it's a 400-series flight it will erroneously show "Not Upgrade Eligible to First Class"
The amount of knowledge on this board is astounding.

Does it add you to the upgrade list on the -400 or do you have to call?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cmx

No, you are added automatically. You can verify that your upgrade has been requested after you've booked the ticket.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmx

It's just a bug in the fare quote listings. It's just looking at the fare class to determine upgrade eligibility and get's fooled by the J/C/D/I/Z classes. Once you've actually booked the flight, the system will recognize these as upgrade eligible. You don't have to do anything special.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:03 pm
cmx

I should correct my earlier post--it looks like the lie flats are consistently available starting May 1 on the noon SAN-JFK (and 8:30am return). And they're selling Basic Economy on the route, which I think is new too.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmx
SAN-JFK is actually going to be my first experience flying Mint this fall. The funny thing is the trip out to SoCal I am flying DCA-LAX which has been upgraded to DeltaOne, so it will be a good comparison trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.