Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Skyclub in Austin [Now Open]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by DA201
LGA-AUS can't happen because of the 1500 mi rule from LGA.
To my everlasting annoyance.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by ty97
Been hoping for this for quite some time. I realize DL isn't as big as AA or UA at AUS, but they have a respectable presence. Hope this turns out to be a Sky Club.

(DL definitely uses the east end of the terminal)
Going to rain on my own parade here a little bit. It's possible that the talks are about a new club for an airline that already has a club. I used to live in AUS and was EXP on AA and an Admirals Club member for many years there. The AC is nice, but small, and as AUS has boomed with traffic, it's quite packed at times. Add in the LHR flight that BA started and it's impossible to get a seat sometimes nowadays. If AA (or UA, I've never been in their lounge) wanted a larger club, I'm not sure there is any space to expand the existing lounges. But a larger lounge in the new east end could be a solution. It would likely require AA to move gates to the east end, but it would put the AC closer to the gate BA uses. Right now it's a bit of a walk for the BA fliers from the AC to the gate.

So I truly hope this is a Sky Club coming but can't rule out the possibility that it is a new lounge for AA (or UA). That said, if AA did move to a new lounge, the existing AC is a good size for DL to take over.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ty97
Going to rain on my own parade here a little bit. It's possible that the talks are about a new club for an airline that already has a club. I used to live in AUS and was EXP on AA and an Admirals Club member for many years there. The AC is nice, but small, and as AUS has boomed with traffic, it's quite packed at times. Add in the LHR flight that BA started and it's impossible to get a seat sometimes nowadays. If AA (or UA, I've never been in their lounge) wanted a larger club, I'm not sure there is any space to expand the existing lounges. But a larger lounge in the new east end could be a solution. It would likely require AA to move gates to the east end, but it would put the AC closer to the gate BA uses. Right now it's a bit of a walk for the BA fliers from the AC to the gate.

So I truly hope this is a Sky Club coming but can't rule out the possibility that it is a new lounge for AA (or UA). That said, if AA did move to a new lounge, the existing AC is a good size for DL to take over.
I guess one's version/thought of the word 'new'. Like a new club to replace an old one. Or an actual new club that has not been there.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
PBI - people with money.
JAX- not sure
MEM - legacy NW hub/WorldclubWorldclub
AUS - High/fast growing technology area, State Capitol (though we only convene once every other year for no more then 6 months) Plus DL seems to be adding more and more nonstop AUS flights. Could easily see SFO/BOS/LGA in the future.

I just don't see AS putting in a club here. Not enough flights, plus AA already has a club here.
According to the ladies at the reception desk there when I asked, they said that JAX has something like the second highest concentration of DMs systemwide. I mean take it with a grain of salt, but there are a lot of DM tags out there per capita whenever I head there.

Last edited by sky303; Apr 1, 2017 at 9:04 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by sky303
According to the ladies at the reception desk there when I asked, they said that JAX has something like the second highest concentration of DMs systemwide. I mean take it with a grain of salt, but there are a lot of DM tags out there per capita whenever I head there.
It's a small club and I was there early in 2016. Marco Rubio was brought in there for security reasons for that particular visit. That club is the smallest I've ever visited.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yohanson
It's a small club and I was there early in 2016. Marco Rubio was brought in there for security reasons for that particular visit. That club is the smallest I've ever visited.
It's tiny, but rarely very crowded IME, and has new furniture and a nice staff/bar. I like the the SkyCloset in JAX, and actually spent a long time there recently when flying on a B6 connection through JAX.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
PBI - people with money.
JAX- not sure
MEM - legacy NW hub/WorldclubWorldclub
AUS - High/fast growing technology area, State Capitol (though we only convene once every other year for no more then 6 months) Plus DL seems to be adding more and more nonstop AUS flights. Could easily see SFO/BOS/LGA in the future.
AUS is outside of the LGA perimeter, no nonstops allowed.

I'm surprised there is no Sky Club at SNA. There's lots of money around there but maybe it has a very low % of DL frequent flyers.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I could see that. Figure many that are based at LAX are going to the east coast so each trip is netting 4K or more MQMs. Plus many are on the west coast to go further west to Asia for business.

I have a friend based in SNA and she gets DM going to the same basic events I do for photography. I fly ATL-JFK or something and she flies SNA-ATL-JFK. Netting way more MQMs.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:14 am

A little late - but thought I'd share

i tweeted ABIA and the response (attached) was basically that they're still talking to airlines but nothing to announce yet.

Fingers crossed for Delta, that plus the no-boarding pass needed TSA trial would be a great combo.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:36 pm

It’s official! There is a banner at Gate 6 that says a Sky Club will be coming to AUS in 2019.

I can’t seem to find any official release either from Delta or the airport yet.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
It's tiny, but rarely very crowded IME, and has new furniture and a nice staff/bar. I like the the SkyCloset in JAX, and actually spent a long time there recently when flying on a B6 connection through JAX.
I like the JAX club too. They even have some office carrels at the far end of the club, which I have used.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Here's the sign posted next to Gate 6: https://i.redd.it/cqvd7vy25c701.jpg

It will be 8,926 sq ft. and have a sky deck.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by glenny84
Here's the sign posted next to Gate 6: https://i.redd.it/cqvd7vy25c701.jpg

I'm jelly. I'd love to see a SkyClub at IAH, but that seems far fetched. That being said though, Delta is the only legacy to not have a lounge at IAH now that AA finally opened an Admirals Club during 2017, and personally I think DL has enough traffic through IAH that would support a single lounge in Terminal A.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm jelly. I'd love to see a SkyClub at IAH, but that seems far fetched. That being said though, Delta is the only legacy to not have a lounge at IAH now that AA finally opened an Admirals Club during 2017, and personally I think DL has enough traffic through IAH that would support a single lounge in Terminal A.
And, of course, while SC members currently use the AF & KL lounges starting in 2019 there will be no IAH lounge access.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by glenny84
Here's the sign posted next to Gate 6:

It's great news - the only dissapointment is that we hae to wait until 2019 until it arrives - hopefully early 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.