Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX-DCA,BOS-SFO become Delta One flights

LAX-DCA,BOS-SFO become Delta One flights

Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Flying DCA-LAX, what's the free meal like for Y passengers? Any difference between Y and C+ meals?
The meal itself will not be different. However, C+ pax will also get the snack basket and free adult beverages.

"Delta’s new meal program will feature a variety of options for customers depending on the time of day of their flight. In the morning, customers will have the option to choose between a Honey Maple Breakfast Sandwich, Luvo Breakfast Medley or fruit and cheese plate. During the day, customers will be able to select from a Mesquite-Smoked Turkey Combo, Luvo Mediterranean Whole Grain Veggie Wrap, or fruit and cheese plate. For overnight flights, customers will be offered a breakfast bar during the pre-arrival beverage service."

Full details here: http://news.delta.com/delta-debuts-f...als-12-markets
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Always use the SC agents, or Admirals Club or United Club agents for that matter. Irrops is one of the reasons why I retain memberships with all three. The annual fees pay for themselves in time savings a la agent access.

Last edited by CHOPCHOP767; Jul 25, 2017 at 3:51 am
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ellinj
I flew D1 and Jetblue mint this week. BOS-SFO, I have to say its a difficult comparison. Jetblue by far has a better hard product especially if you get the single seat. The crew on JetBlue were much more on the ball. Delta won out on the food and the SkyClub access. If I were traveling alone and I could get one of the suites I would pick that again over Delta. Taking out the seating configuration ( no aisle access for window seats) I would give the Delta the win. Not having lounge access at the international terminal at SFO was a real drag.

For DCA-LAX DeltaOne flight I have coming up in the fall I am returning on a JetBlue Mint SAN-JFK (single seat) so I am looking forward to the direct comparison as well. I have a window seat on the DeltaOne portion so I obviously wished the plane was one of the 767s with aisle access for all seats. I have a SkyClub membership so I already had that access (I like the DCA SkyClub), its a bummer JetBlue doesn't have some sort of lounge access.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Many thanks, I really appreciate your help!

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
The meal itself will not be different. However, C+ pax will also get the snack basket and free adult beverages.

"Deltas new meal program will feature a variety of options for customers depending on the time of day of their flight. In the morning, customers will have the option to choose between a Honey Maple Breakfast Sandwich, Luvo Breakfast Medley or fruit and cheese plate. During the day, customers will be able to select from a Mesquite-Smoked Turkey Combo, Luvo Mediterranean Whole Grain Veggie Wrap, or fruit and cheese plate. For overnight flights, customers will be offered a breakfast bar during the pre-arrival beverage service."

Full details here: http://news.delta.com/delta-debuts-f...als-12-markets
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by Miesque
For DCA-LAX DeltaOne flight I have coming up in the fall I am returning on a JetBlue Mint SAN-JFK (single seat) so I am looking forward to the direct comparison as well. I have a window seat on the DeltaOne portion so I obviously wished the plane was one of the 767s with aisle access for all seats. I have a SkyClub membership so I already had that access (I like the DCA SkyClub), its a bummer JetBlue doesn't have some sort of lounge access.
At Bos I am able to use Priority Pass Not sure if PP has any options at LAX. The one at SFO is generally not available to non KLM/AF customers even though it technically is supposed to be.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew LAX-DCA yesterday and I was very impressed. PDBs in real glasses, excellent service from the flight attendants including lots of refills. Three choices of entrees, cookies and snack basket before landing. The Westin Heavenly Bedding is quite nice too and I got some decent sleep.

Meals and menu pictures:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28745980-post966.html
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Don't think this would warrent a new thread yet, but AA is looking into putting a 3-class A321 on BOS-LAX.

DL might soon have the worst product on the route, as the B738's are pitiful compared to VX/B6 and possibly AA in the near future.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
Don't think this would warrent a new thread yet, but AA is looking into putting a 3-class A321 on BOS-LAX.

DL might soon have the worst product on the route, as the B738's are pitiful compared to VX/B6 and possibly AA in the near future.
OTOH, it's a comp upgrade on DL as opposed to their competitors. In some ways, I would take that over a fancy business class product which isn't needed.

From what I can tell SFO-BOS isn't doing all that great after UA dumped crazy amounts of capacity on that route, so would DL move the premium product to the shorter California route?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Why doesn't DL do a transcon service from ATL? Is it not as popular as JFK or BOS?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by G-man82
Why doesn't DL do a transcon service from ATL? Is it not as popular as JFK or BOS?
a few theories

they don't need to, as they have a captive audience and what limited competition they have don't take ATL seriously (UA didn't even have SFO-ATL for awhile, for instance)

the premium business traffic doesn't exist on the route(s) to justify using a premium configured airframe on the route(s)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
OTOH, it's a comp upgrade on DL as opposed to their competitors. In some ways, I would take that over a fancy business class product which isn't needed.

From what I can tell SFO-BOS isn't doing all that great after UA dumped crazy amounts of capacity on that route, so would DL move the premium product to the shorter California route?
it would definitely be comp upgrade on AA. JFK-LAX/SFO has comp upgrades, which I have definitely been beneficiary of. AA is a lot less stingy than DL with free upgrades from what I can gather
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by tphuang
it would definitely be comp upgrade on AA. JFK-LAX/SFO has comp upgrades, which I have definitely been beneficiary of. AA is a lot less stingy than DL with free upgrades from what I can gather
There is no comp upgrade on AA unless you are Exec Plat. So, you still have to pay, just through 5 or 6 500 mile certs.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:32 pm

There is no comp upgrade on AA unless you are Exec Plat. So, you still have to pay, just through 5 or 6 500 mile certs.
I am an EXP, so it's free for me. And I've managed to get my wife upgraded on the same ticket using 500 mile certs that I never used. I'd imagine if this BOS-LAX happens, it will be even easier for EXP to get the free upgrades.

I have still yet to use any SWUs. You'd be amazed at how many free upgrades I've gotten on AA and OW airlines this year. Things they never tell you about AAdvantage!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

Seems early in the life of this product on this route to declare it unsuccessful.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Seems early in the life of this product on this route to declare it unsuccessful.
True. I think DL needs to do SFO - BOS if they want to get a foothold in BOS. But, the prices for J are pretty low. I can't' see how it's making a lot of money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.