Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hi - Anyone knows where to find best deal from Boston to Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles

Hi - any one knows of the least miles from Boston to HK for Delta round trip? I have 200K but that does not even get me on a business flight. Only 1-option available with a stop at Seattle.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aking2419
Hi - any one knows of the least miles from Boston to HK for Delta round trip? I have 200K but that does not even get me on a business flight. Only 1-option available with a stop at Seattle.
Look at surrounding cities too. I've often seen good deals ex-JFK. In terms of miles, if you're looking for this summer, much of the low-level biz space is already gone.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: DL PM
The lowest level available when Delta last published charts, IIRC, was 160K round trip for TPAC in business class. However, this is often not available.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
OP might try the flex dates function in ITA Matrix, then try Orbitz, etc., or contacting the carrier(s) directly.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks third_wave, WWads, planning for mid December. Thanks 3Cforme, that's an excellent link
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:09 pm

If you have until mid-December for the flight, I would suggest booking whatever you can at the lowest level you can find, even if the flights are not ideal, and I imagine you'll get a schedule change that will let you switch to a more preferred routing
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kop84
If you have until mid-December for the flight, I would suggest booking whatever you can at the lowest level you can find, even if the flights are not ideal, and I imagine you'll get a schedule change that will let you switch to a more preferred routing
Great advice from kop84 there.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Consider booking out of New York, I'm seeing an option leaving on 12/16 JFK-PVG-HKG and returning HKG-SEA-DTW-JFK on 12/23 for 210,000 miles. The return routing is lousy, but you could use a schedule change to get put on the HKG-PVG-JFK routing back home. I also like the JFK-PVG flight since it departs right after midnight making it easy to fall asleep before arriving in Asia the next day.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
Consider booking out of New York, I'm seeing an option leaving on 12/16 JFK-PVG-HKG and returning HKG-SEA-DTW-JFK on 12/23 for 210,000 miles. The return routing is lousy, but you could use a schedule change to get put on the HKG-PVG-JFK routing back home. I also like the JFK-PVG flight since it departs right after midnight making it easy to fall asleep before arriving in Asia the next day.
Unlikely to be able to be put on HKG/PVG routing as with awards DL can't open partner inventory.

Much more possible that he could get on HKG/SEA/JFK or they may stretch it and let him go back to BOS if the change is significant enough.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

thanks kop84, baccarat0809, hi55us - great to know of 'schedule change'
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
You don't have AA miles, do you? CX is the way to go on this route if at all possible--nonstop and a great premium product.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
OP might try the flex dates function in ITA Matrix, then try Orbitz, etc., or contacting the carrier(s) directly.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
OP was asking about using SkyMiles, so not sure how this helps.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Delta Gold, Delta 0.17 MM
Originally Posted by kop84
Would personally be too afraid the schedule changes wouldn't happen to hang my hat on this approach.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by flying_gibbon
Would personally be too afraid the schedule changes wouldn't happen to hang my hat on this approach.
I should have clarified that OP should find something that is at least marginally acceptable and would work if he didn't get a schedule change.

But if OP ends up with 3 flights OW and they're 9 months away, I'd imagine the odds of a schedule change enough to make at least some improvement approaches 95%. And the odds of a change big enough to get pretty much exactly what he wants approaches 80%
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The only city DL flies to HKG is SEA and that would make it a 3 segment trip as you need to connect from BOS to SEA.

The best deal in J for this route is the promo fare on CX's new direct service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.