Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reconfigured planes - exit row seats not reclining

Reconfigured planes - exit row seats not reclining

Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Bump to my old thread as I was another flight where the whole exit row did not recline. And it was another Airbus A319. Interestingly Delta does not show that the seat does not recline but seat guru does now: https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/De...s_A319_31J.php

The FA said the seats should recline. And it makes no sense that they do not recline as they do most, if not all of configurations.
Last year I was on a 767-300 where row 21 did not recline. I stopped picking that seat at that point.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
By the same reasoning, there should be special nonreclining seats for FAMs.
I endorse this idea 100%.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK the norm is that the row in front of an exit row doesn't recline, which would include the first exit row on many DL aircraft configurations. The rationale is that if the seat in front of an exit row is reclined, this impedes evacuation in an emergency. However, the second (or last) exit row IME does recline. YMMV of course as this is DL.
That is my understanding as well. It seems that perhaps the issue is A319/A320 configuration????

Edit to add that I got a call from Delta and we looked at seat maps, seatguru, other airlines 319 and this seems to be an issue with Delta. The woman I spoke to is writing this up as in the end she was as confused as I was at to why.

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Mar 15, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
I gather that 16A/F on the A320 doesn't recline, but can anyone say if the door protrudes much on your space?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
I gather that 16A/F on the A320 doesn't recline, but can anyone say if the door protrudes much on your space?
'
bump - anyone have any info?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's just an emergency exit window, not a door.
Which means you won't have a full armrest against the sidewall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.