TSA pre check at JFK T1

Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:22 pm

Just went through JFK at T1 on a MU ticket last Saturday. Clearing the line using Business/First/Sky was a breeze. Beyond that, there was no control. Huge mess as everyone seems to just go whichever line they want, that is if one can tell where the lines are. It was just like one huge crowd pushing towards the various machines.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
Seems like there is inconsistent information on whether there is Precheck in JFK T1 -- has anyone flown through recently and can verify whether JFK T1 does in fact have Precheck?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Anyone have an update on this? Does T1 have a Precheck line now? JFK website seems to imply yes (because it has a wait time), but I'm not sure that's right
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Anyone have an update on this? Does T1 have a Precheck line now? JFK website seems to imply yes (because it has a wait time), but I'm not sure that's right
I don't see a TSA pre-check open time on the TSA website for Terminal 1. Might be that the TSA hasn't updated yet though.

KE does participate in Pre now though.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Yes, theoretically T1 has a PreCheck line but it has been the modified light PreCheck the five or six times I have been there in the last six monthsyou are mixed in with the regular lines for most things except youre allowed to keep your shoes on and go thru the metal detector instead.

T1 is a disaster during most of the afternoon and evening hoursI hate going through there
ExArkie likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Yes, theoretically T1 has a PreCheck line but it has been the modified light PreCheck the five or six times I have been there in the last six monthsyou are mixed in with the regular lines for most things except youre allowed to keep your shoes on and go thru the metal detector instead.

T1 is a disaster during most of the afternoon and evening hoursI hate going through there
that was always my experience, but JFK website shows a different wait time for PreCheck, which would imply a separate line

sounds like vipone may be the answer. Have a DL flight operated by AF
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Any clue why DL doesn't run a bus between T1 and T4? It's not like AF is only partner there.
Spiff, MSPeconomist and ryw like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.