Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Avoiding the mess at ATL E international arrivals security?

Avoiding the mess at ATL E international arrivals security?

Old Sep 17, 17, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Every time I can remember, it's ALWAYS roped off, but, there's someone there checking boarding passes and allowing people who are eligible through.
Not today, arrived from DUS and spend some 40 minutes there. No fun, we had a whole AMS-ATL flight in front of us that landed just before us.
No Priority and/or TSA precheck lane in Delta's biggest hub is so underwhelming.
Old Sep 17, 17, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
What time of day? I connect in ATL next week from the late LHR flight. Arrives about 8 pm.
Old Sep 17, 17, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Schuhfly View Post
I hate security after arriving from an international flight. We all have GE (even my 16 month old son) and have priority written on our boarding pass, but always get sent to the line for people who need extra time because of the stroller. This line is always full of people! It takes maybe 15 seconds to fold it up and pop off two wheels to fit through the scanner.

I just wait in line and want to gouge my eyeballs out. Waiting 50 minutes in line when you can see people going through the priority line in under 10 minutes drives me nuts. Where can I submit a complaint? They probably won't do anything...but it might make me feel a little better.

Your elected officials who fund the Thousands Standing Around
Old Sep 17, 17, 9:13 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
One thing I find increasingly contemptible is having to re-clear security after having been sent through a near-identical song-and-dance (albeit with more of a sense of competence) in, say, London or Singapore.

That notwithstanding, I do wish the TSA would get hit with some sort of mandate of "thou shalt maintain PreCheck lines and the like at all airports above size X at all gates during the following hours, and shall have the cards at all other hours."
Old Sep 17, 17, 10:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
No Priority and/or TSA precheck lane in Delta's biggest hub is so underwhelming.
Does any airport have PreChek after US Customs? Not counting where you hafto go to the regular check-in security lines as if you're entering the airport at the start of your trip.
Old Sep 17, 17, 10:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
Does it have CLEAR?
IIRC there isn't even CLEAR at the ATL international terminal for those originating at ATL (or those who come upstairs from F international arrivals to do TSA security for their connecting flights).
Old Sep 17, 17, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson View Post
One thing I find increasingly contemptible is having to re-clear security after having been sent through a near-identical song-and-dance (albeit with more of a sense of competence) in, say, London or Singapore.

That notwithstanding, I do wish the TSA would get hit with some sort of mandate of "thou shalt maintain PreCheck lines and the like at all airports above size X at all gates during the following hours, and shall have the cards at all other hours."
It's because you have to collect your bags in the US to clear customs. One could take something from the bag that would not be allowed airside. Whereas a route like BCN-CDG-MSP has no additional screening because the bags are checked to the final destination.

Though there are very few airports in the world I can think of that have a long security line for international connections.
Old Sep 17, 17, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Really? ATL, AMS, CDG, DTW,.......
Old Sep 18, 17, 1:22 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by motytrah View Post
Though there are very few airports in the world I can think of that have a long security line for international connections.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Really? ATL, AMS, CDG, DTW,.......
PVG

ICN can get backed up over an hour.
Old Oct 2, 17, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
MEX ...

Originally Posted by CJKatl View Post
PVG

ICN can get backed up over an hour.
Old Oct 2, 17, 3:37 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
IIRC there isn't even CLEAR at the ATL international terminal for those originating at ATL (or those who come upstairs from F international arrivals to do TSA security for their connecting flights).
You are correct. No CLEAR on Int. Terminal. I also want to note that TSA is not open all day.
I believe they close from 10am to 1pm everyday. so you have to do regular security.
Old Oct 2, 17, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Eddie98 View Post
You are correct. No CLEAR on Int. Terminal. I also want to note that TSA is not open all day.
I believe they close from 10am to 1pm everyday. so you have to do regular security.
No clear and no full prechek in the evening, but last Wed, I arrived at F from LHR at about 7:30 pm. Was sitting in 1A with carryon only, have GE so through immigration and customs and exited to terminal F. Went upstairs and got prechek "light" from TSA and was in the F SkyClub by 7:50 pm.
kthomas likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: