Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10MAR2017 DL2062 MSP-BOS Diversion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
10MAR2017 DL2062 MSP-BOS Diversion

Anyone know what is going on with this flight?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:28 pm

Anyone know what is going on with this flight?
Looks like it diverted due to weather in Boston.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Probably a mechanical considering that they turned around to go to DTW. If it was a serious mechanical (e.g. engine failure), medical, other urgent issue onboard they would've likely diverted to ROC, SYR, or somewhere else more along the flight path. Backtracking to go to DTW implies they went there because they wanted to have a better chance at getting a replacement aircraft and/or crew, and also DL mechanics that would be there right away and get the issue resolved quicker. Smaller stations are contracted out and aren't always readily available.

Could be wrong about it being mechanical though - and to the post above I guess it is snowing in Boston at the moment but it's not like we're getting a blizzard (maybe 2 inches in Boston)

Last edited by N639DL; Mar 10, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:51 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Looks like it has taken off from DTW and is scheduled to arrive in BOS at 1.37am Saturday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.