Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

United Rebooked me on DL - Will I earn Skymiles !?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Rebooked me on DL - Will I earn Skymiles !?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I had the same thing happen to me when rebooked by AA. I was in full Y so surprised I didn’t get miles on
DL. Yes I know original AA routing credit, but strange that DL doesn’t automatically award miles. I got my upgrades as a Diamond w Delta.
AA almost certainly did not pay the full Y rate. More than likely, it's some much cheaper negotiated rate that's part of their interline IRROP agreement that happens to book into the Y booking class.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by LBJ
AA almost certainly did not pay the full Y rate. More than likely, it's some much cheaper negotiated rate that's part of their interline IRROP agreement that happens to book into the Y booking class.
In most cases, the operating carrier gets the value of that coupon from the ticket (every airline ticket is made up of multiple coupons, one for each flight) with a negotiated minimum that’s usually based on mileage. ARC (the company that settles cash between airlines) figures it all out automatically and nets the various carriers against one another on a (I believe) weekly basis. None of this is visible to the passenger except, perhaps, the value associated with the coupon(s) pushed to the other carrier.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kenn0223

In most cases, the operating carrier gets the value of that coupon from the ticket (every airline ticket is made up of multiple coupons, one for each flight) with a negotiated minimum that’s usually based on mileage. ARC (the company that settles cash between airlines) figures it all out automatically and nets the various carriers against one another on a (I believe) weekly basis. None of this is visible to the passenger except, perhaps, the value associated with the coupon(s) pushed to the other carrier.
You know, I've wondered how this works. This summer I had an insanely low J ticket on TK ATL-TXL-ATL (like, $1100.) I had to be re-routed on LH on the return due to a mechanical. There was some info on the itinerary they gave me when they (finally) finished finding the alternate flights. Seemed like the listed cost was just half of the original. I can't imagine that LH would've actually approved such a low fare in J, so it made me think there must be some other stuff going on behind the scenes. (I would add that the agent initially tried to route me on DL TXL-JFK-ATL, but was denied, so there is some kind of "approval" process going on, at least in my case.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.