Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Passport Information "Not Yet Verified" in MyProfile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport Information "Not Yet Verified" in MyProfile

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by acrophobia
Neither is an issue if you scan your passport at a kiosk.
Still an issue at the gate especially @MSP, gate G6. Docs already verified during check in at kiosk and baggage drop off by another Delta agent.
1. MSP GA spots non-US ID document; 'we can't let you go'
2. getting pulled aside
3. wait for redcoat
4. shows additional ID documents (driver license, National identity card) to help him
5. 2 US trips later..rinse and repeat.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Still an issue at the gate especially @MSP, gate G6. Docs already verified during check in at kiosk and baggage drop off by another Delta agent.
1. MSP GA spots non-US ID document; 'we can't let you go'
2. getting pulled aside
3. wait for redcoat
4. shows additional ID documents (driver license, National identity card) to help him
5. 2 US trips later..rinse and repeat.
What type of document? Only passport and a Nexus card (Nexus only if flying US->CANADA) are acceptable for flying ex-US.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by flyerCO
What type of document? Only passport and a Nexus card (Nexus only if flying US->CANADA) are acceptable for flying ex-US.
Passport
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Passport
WTH type of drugs was the agent on? I thought you were supposed to wait to AMS for the good times.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:31 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
If the passport is verified and the system determines that based on your nationality and itinerary you do not need a visa, the DOCS OK will print. Otherwise, it will say "INTL-Verify Passport". In my case, traveling to my home country doesn't require to show the passport at check-in, only during boarding and they just take a glance at the name and picture. When traveling to the US, OLCI does not allow me to finish the process if I don't put a "return" date, so I need to put any date in the future to be able to check-in. Traveling to Europe is much more complicated because the only document that proves I can enter the Schengen Zone is a plastic card with no machine readable zone, which the system cannot process as a valid visa and requires an override by a supervisor.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Does DL's app allow you to scan passport to verify upon check in? UALs has this feature and doesn't require kiosk - but would I still need to use the kiosk on DL regardless if I use the app scanner if it exists? Thanks

Last edited by demkr; Dec 8, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Old May 7, 2019, 6:54 pm

deleted.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:44 pm

Use Kiosk to verify passport-Do it every time you fly Intl with Delta

I read this thread and it don’t mean squat to have your passport verified in your profile. Thus, checking in online is worthless when flying intl with Delta unless you enjoy being pulled out of line to see GA. Maybe in other airports this does not happen, but it happens every time flying out of SEA.

Is it really that hard for everyone to just simply check in at a Kiosk and get your DOCS OK BP? Makes everything so much easier for everyone. You, the Gate Agents, and others who have legitimate issues requiring a gate agent. Don’t be selfish. Check in at a Kiosk.

For you Delta Non-Rev travelers it is critical to check in at Kiosk. Why? Unless you have taken this step to get BP with DOCS-OK printed on it, you will NOT get a seat. You will watch other Non-Revs with lower seniority being cleared and getting seats as you sit there wondering why you are bot getting a seat assignment.

This happened today on SEA to NRT. My son was flying by himself for the first time Non Rev to Japan. We were both stubborn dumb As and did not listen to my wife (she is the retired employee who we are thankful to get non rev benefits from). Men are really dumb sometimes. The smart ones always get the last word in when arguing with the wife. Provided those last words are “Yes Dear.” Anyway, my son and I entered his passport info when checking in on line and told the wife she was too “Old School” for insisting that he check in at Kiosk. I dropped him off at airport. He checked his bags using BP on phone. We were both texting each other how mom was “Old School.”

Then we (the wife and I) watched from home as non Revs were being loaded. My son got left in the dust. Others with less seniority were being loaded. He finally went to GA and barely got on the plane.

Moral of the story. Don’t be a lazy A. CHECK IN AT THE KIOSK EVERY TIME FOR DELTA INTL FLIGHTS. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE NON REV!!!!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by shadowkun
I read this thread and it don’t mean squat to have your passport verified in your profile. Thus, checking in online is worthless when flying intl with Delta unless you enjoy being pulled out of line to see GA. Maybe in other airports this does not happen, but it happens every time flying out of SEA.

Is it really that hard for everyone to just simply check in at a Kiosk and get your DOCS OK BP? Makes everything so much easier for everyone. You, the Gate Agents, and others who have legitimate issues requiring a gate agent. Don’t be selfish. Check in at a Kiosk.

For you Delta Non-Rev travelers it is critical to check in at Kiosk. Why? Unless you have taken this step to get BP with DOCS-OK printed on it, you will NOT get a seat. You will watch other Non-Revs with lower seniority being cleared and getting seats as you sit there wondering why you are bot getting a seat assignment.

This happened today on SEA to NRT. My son was flying by himself for the first time Non Rev to Japan. We were both stubborn dumb As and did not listen to my wife (she is the retired employee who we are thankful to get non rev benefits from). Men are really dumb sometimes. The smart ones always get the last word in when arguing with the wife. Provided those last words are “Yes Dear.” Anyway, my son and I entered his passport info when checking in on line and told the wife she was too “Old School” for insisting that he check in at Kiosk. I dropped him off at airport. He checked his bags using BP on phone. We were both texting each other how mom was “Old School.”

Then we (the wife and I) watched from home as non Revs were being loaded. My son got left in the dust. Others with less seniority were being loaded. He finally went to GA and barely got on the plane.

Moral of the story. Don’t be a lazy A. CHECK IN AT THE KIOSK EVERY TIME FOR DELTA INTL FLIGHTS. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE NON REV!!!!
The passport info in the profile does work. This issue was fixed a few months ago....after being a problem for a long time.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wlau
The passport info in the profile does work. This issue was fixed a few months ago....after being a problem for a long time.
Unfortunaly thats only "half of the truth". As somebody else already described if you're an eu-national and are NOT flying directly into your home country the system flags you for not having sufficent travel documentation. I live in Germany, if i fly into Austria from the US Delta will not let me check in online and ask for some kind "of proof" that i'm allowed to stay in Austria...it's really annoying. I tried to explain to the DL check in staff that that THEY would have had an hard time showing proof to an EU gate agent that they are allowed to fly into Georgia when living in New Jersey.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold; Hertz Pres

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL INFO

PASSPORT INFORMATION

NOT YET VERIFIED

I flew out of SJC and checked in with my passport at the Kiosk and the TA verified the information at the desk as well. Will the passport only be verified on an intl flight? My flight will be on KE in Sept or does it have to be a DL itinerary?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by wlau
Yeah, well not for me. I have flown DL internationally numerous times since this issue cropped up after renewing my pp (including “verifying” yet again just last month) and I still have to “verify” my passport info in person at the airport every time. I’ve “verified” at airport kiosks as well as ticket counters. Makes no difference. Once at the airport, there's never a problem but it’s never fixed in the profile. A minor irritation with no real consequence, as I’ve grown to like having DL’s paper bp’s in hand and knowing all is well before heading to security when flying internationally.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by dalehill

Yeah, well not for me. I have flown DL internationally numerous times since this issue cropped up after renewing my pp (including “verifying” yet again just last month) and I still have to “verify” my passport info in person at the airport every time. I’ve “verified” at airport kiosks as well as ticket counters. Makes no difference. Once at the airport, there's never a problem but it’s never fixed in the profile. A minor irritation with no real consequence, as I’ve grown to like having DL’s paper bp’s in hand and knowing all is well before heading to security when flying internationally.

Those are known issues that were fixed... I fly international with Delta almost every 10 days and my home airport is SJC.
If you still have the problem, go delete the passport information from your profile. Log out. Wait a day or so, log back in, and re-add the passport information and save it. Next time you fly international, go to a DL kiosk and let it scan the passport for your flight. After a few days, the status on your profile will show as verified. This does NOT mean you don't need to show your passport during check-in of your flight, it just mean you don't have to manually fill in passport info during ticketing or OLCI. Delta checks passport because it wants to void you leaving the US without the passport, even if the information is saved in the system. Even since this was fixed and passport showing as "verified", I no longer get called to the podium for doc check.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
HMMMMM. Agents at MSP have told me that they cannot verify passport info, other than for the current flight. For me, trying to do it at the kiosk never seems to work, although on my last international trip, the passport scan at a kiosk seemed to work, so we shall see what happens when I try to do OLCI for my next international trip. OTOH, when I do OLCI, my passport details are automatically prepopulated and I don't need to enter anything manually, so I'm not even sure what the passport "verification" is supposed to do in my profile.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Kiosk never worked for me. Only time it got verified was with document check with an agent as part of an international flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.