Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Passport Information "Not Yet Verified" in MyProfile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport Information "Not Yet Verified" in MyProfile

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Do I have to get this taken care of the next time I'm flying internationally, or can I have it taken care of the next time I'm at the airport for a domestic flight?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
I saw this message maybe three weeks ago and promptly forgot about it as it said the next time I check in either at a kiosk or in the app my passport would be verified. I must have missed whatever screen should have come up in my app, or buried link more than likely. Now I have to wait till next week to do this. First World Problems, I know, but I don't want to stop at a kiosk.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Zorak
Is that 100% equivalent though?

I can believe that, if you don't have verified passport info in your Delta account, you will always be asked to verify at the airport, which manifests as not being able to check in online or obtain an electronic boarding pass.
I have the same "Not Yet Verified" warning on my profile but have been able to check in online and get electronic boarding passes for at least 80% of my recent international flights. The only difference I've noticed is that my boarding passes say "INTL - Verify Passport" instead of "DOCS-OK" and (about half the time) I'm paged and asked to show the GA my passport prior to boarding.

As a side note, my profile says "Verify your passport for future use by checking in at a Delta kiosk" but I've done so multiple times and nothing has changed.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:18 pm

Delta: verify your passport

Originally Posted by acrophobia
Do I have to get this taken care of the next time I'm flying internationally, or can I have it taken care of the next time I'm at the airport for a domestic flight?
Hi, I just received that "verify your passport" message, too.
Does it mean that I might not be able to print my boarding pass at home or in a hotel overseas for international flights, or that I must use the airport kiosks to scan my passport?
All my passport info does show up in the Delta my profile.
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I've gotten this message, and what I have done is go into the SkyClub at DCA, hand them my passport, and they "verify" it.

I hear them page people to come up to the podium at the gate for this purpose all the time.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:08 pm

Delta:verify passport

Originally Posted by acrophobia
Hi ND76,
Thank you for your reply.
Why wasn't my passport verified by Delta when I flew internationally just a short time ago? Can I get this done at check-in?
Thanks again to everyone replying.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can still check-in online and print your boarding pass. However, the BP will indicate that verification is needed. It just means an agent has to inspect and verify your passport at some point before you board -- at which point they provide you with a new BP that says "DOCS OK" on it. Even if your passport info has been verified by Delta in your profile, if your return trip begins on another carrier, you will still need to have the DOCS OK check done for the return (at least that is what on experienced last week on an international trip).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:18 pm

Each time you fly internationally your passport needs to be checked prior to boarding to make sure your passport information Entered when you checked in matches your actual passport. You can check in online no problem but you then need to get the passport checked against the information you entered I usually go thru security and scan my passport at a kiosk post security. You can also have your passport verified at the gate or at the sky club. It can be done on the my delta app too by taking a photo of your passport but the effort never seems worth it to me. Only works on the phone app not the iPad app and I think you need to be at the airport like I said more work than it is worth

I think all they are encouraging people to,verify at the kiosk because it makes it easier on the gate agents but if you don't verify and you checked in online the gate agent will call you up. I assume you need to go thru this each time because they need to make sure the info,is correct each time. once in a great while I will get docs ok when I check in online but I attribute this to a tech glitch
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
My profile on Delta.com actually says "verified by Delta". Since it was updated to that status many trips ago, I have not had to verify at the gate/airport.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I flew LGA-YUL earlier this week. Passport was presented to gate agent and they swiped it across they keyboard scanner. Website still indicate NOT YET VERIFIED. Do you literally have to check-in at a kiosk?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
I flew LGA-YUL earlier this week. Passport was presented to gate agent and they swiped it across they keyboard scanner. Website still indicate NOT YET VERIFIED. Do you literally have to check-in at a kiosk?
Yes, the Passport verification process for your profile is done on a kiosk. Once verified, your profile will show this.

Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
For what it's worth, my experience: On a recent international trip, I scanned my passport at the kiosk, mostly to see what happened with the "not yet verified" status. After scanning, the status on my account changed to "verified." However, I still had to take my passport to the GA prior to boarding.

Few weeks later, my wife and I were on an international trip. Her profile showed "not yet verified" and mine "verified." Printed the boarding passes at home, hers said "INTL - Verify Passport" and mine said "Docs - OK." On the Delta app, both of our electronic boarding passes showed "INTL - Verify Passport." We had to take both passports to the GA to verify prior to boarding.

Perhaps being on the same PNR with her negated my verification, but I failed to see the advantage to having a verified passport.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Widgets
I just helped a customer checkin at a kiosk this week. After swiping the passport, the screen asked if you want to save your passport info to your SkyMiles profile. It's a screen that you can't miss or skip, so if you didn't have it, then I don't know what to tell ya.

I have done this several times and it only sometimes results in my passport showing as verified. This is not a feature that seems to work well.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta PM
It's another half baked Delta IT idea.

My profile says not verified, but why would I bother to verify it at Kiosk? I need the passport to check-in on Intl flights anyway, verified or not.

So all DL has done is make another warning we will all ignore since it makes no difference in actual use.

I've had 6 TPAC flights since spring and that's all it ever says. who cares.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:57 am

I know this is almost a year old but I have a question

I am flying to Rome on AA in a couple days , my questions is while I am at the airport can I get my passport verified by Delta while there or do I have to wait until my Delta flight in a couple months ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.