Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Where can I see if an RUC has been applied?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

Hello,

First time trying to use RUC's and have been wait-listed JFK-LAS-JFK. I took a quick search but couldn't find - is there anywhere I can see in my account (or elsewhere) that the RUC's have been applied? They still appear in my wallet.

As an aside, how have people done on this route for upgrades? trip still 2 months out and chances look slim...

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by royevans
Hello,

First time trying to use RUC's and have been wait-listed JFK-LAS-JFK. I took a quick search but couldn't find - is there anywhere I can see in my account (or elsewhere) that the RUC's have been applied? They still appear in my wallet.

As an aside, how have people done on this route for upgrades? trip still 2 months out and chances look slim...

Thanks!
Check the seat map, you should have a duplicate segment, one reflecting your current seat/cabin and another one "read only" that shows you in First Class. This is the best indication that the RUC has been applied.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM
Should appear in your reservation at delta.com. Under MANAGE COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADES, it should say UPGRADE STATUS: UPGRADE WAILISTED The status of the RUC's will change to used if and when they are used. Usually takes a day or so. They won't show used unless the upgrade clears
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Check the seat map, you should have a duplicate segment, one reflecting your current seat/cabin and another one "read only" that shows you in First Class. This is the best indication that the RUC has been applied.
Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Should appear in your reservation at delta.com. Under MANAGE COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADES, it should say UPGRADE STATUS: UPGRADE WAILISTED The status of the RUC's will change to used if and when they are used. Usually takes a day or so. They won't show used unless the upgrade clears
Ah I see it. Thank you.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Hello,

Thanks!
The upgrade is not applied or removed from your wallet while you are still waitlisted. On your reservation, above your seat assignment, it should say Upgrade Status: Upgrade Requested. Below your reservation there will be a section on Upgrade Request. That should say Upgrade Requested for First/Business Class.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Mar 1, 2017 at 11:35 am Reason: Clearly everyone was writing at once.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Hello,

Thanks!
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell for sure if a waitlist RUC is correctly applied. The only way to tell is when the RUC actually clears and your flight is booked as RP class.

While the RUC process is almost entirely opaque, there are a couple of "hints" of a correctly applied waitlist.

1) When viewing a waitlisted segment on the DL.com web site (not the app), there will be two seat maps for the same flight. The first seat map shows the coach seat you are currently in, and the second seat map for the same flight says "you may not select seats for this flight" or something like that. This second seat map corresponds to a part of the waitlist process, and indicates that at least one step of the multi-step process to add an RUC waitlist was actually done. Unfortunately, this does NOT indicate that the other manual steps of the RUC waitlist process were successfully completed by the agent.

2) Assuming the waitlist does not clear prior to check-in, the second hint is the upgrade waitlist. If the RUC waitlist request was coded correctly, you should show up at or very near the top of the upgrade waitlist that you can see on DL.com or the app. If you find yourself at your "usual" spot on the upgrade waitlist, this is a clue that the RUC waitlist request was not coded correctly.

3) The RUC is a form of "payment". Until the RUC clears, it remains "unused" so a waitlisted RUC will still show in your wallet as "open".
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I have an itinerary tomorrow that has domestic and international segments. All of the intl segments have cleared. One of the domestic segments has not. It does not have duplicate seat maps. Other segments did have duplicate seat maps. When I called to inquire, I was informed that the GUC was applied correctly. The reservation says:

MANAGE COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADES
Upgrade Status: Upgrade Waitlisted

When I check in later tonight or tomorrow, I'll see how this goes. Hopefully it all works out just fine.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Hello,

Thanks!
Flew this route pretty often and got upgraded pretty often. As gold, it was hit or miss. As Plat, I was high enough on the list to get upgraded. This was back in last fall though so during the low travel season after summer.

JFK-LAS - One time I flew it, first flew out with only 6 of us in first. Y was pretty empty too.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by mnbp
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell for sure if a waitlist RUC is correctly applied. The only way to tell is when the RUC actually clears and your flight is booked as RP class.

While the RUC process is almost entirely opaque, there are a couple of "hints" of a correctly applied waitlist.

1) When viewing a waitlisted segment on the DL.com web site (not the app), there will be two seat maps for the same flight. The first seat map shows the coach seat you are currently in, and the second seat map for the same flight says "you may not select seats for this flight" or something like that. This second seat map corresponds to a part of the waitlist process, and indicates that at least one step of the multi-step process to add an RUC waitlist was actually done. Unfortunately, this does NOT indicate that the other manual steps of the RUC waitlist process were successfully completed by the agent.

2) Assuming the waitlist does not clear prior to check-in, the second hint is the upgrade waitlist. If the RUC waitlist request was coded correctly, you should show up at or very near the top of the upgrade waitlist that you can see on DL.com or the app. If you find yourself at your "usual" spot on the upgrade waitlist, this is a clue that the RUC waitlist request was not coded correctly.

3) The RUC is a form of "payment". Until the RUC clears, it remains "unused" so a waitlisted RUC will still show in your wallet as "open".
I am using a GUC for HKG in September. ATL-SEA and SEA-ATL have not cleared. SEA-ATL shows two seat maps but only one for ATL-SEA. Does that have any significance?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am using a GUC for HKG in September. ATL-SEA and SEA-ATL have not cleared. SEA-ATL shows two seat maps but only one for ATL-SEA. Does that have any significance?

I am waitlisted PDX/MSP and MSP/PDX middle of March and both flights are showing two seat maps where one won't allow seat changes. These are RUCs so not sure if they are different from GUCs for the UG process.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Saj8986
I am waitlisted PDX/MSP and MSP/PDX middle of March and both flights are showing two seat maps where one won't allow seat changes. These are RUCs so not sure if they are different from GUCs for the UG process.
My ATL-SEA does say "upgrade waitlisted" and all other segments seem okay as the all the others (other than ATL-SEA-ATL starting in OKC) were upgraded at booking.

I just thought it strange but the IT issue should be the same regardless of using an RUC or GUC.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It is possible for the duplicate seat map not to appear even when the upgrade request is correctly applied (I have cleared upgrades on itineraries in this condition before). So while the duplicate seatmap is a pretty reliable positive indication, its absence is not a guarantee that something is wrong.

It would be great if DL made this (well, everything about using certificates) simpler and more transparent, but I'm not holding my breath...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
It is possible for the duplicate seat map not to appear even when the upgrade request is correctly applied (I have cleared upgrades on itineraries in this condition before). So while the duplicate seatmap is a pretty reliable positive indication, its absence is not a guarantee that something is wrong.
That was true for my overseas trip with one domestic segment with a waitlisted GUC: No duplicated seatchart; but I went to #1 on check-in and cleared that way.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott PE
Thanks!
Thanks for the info. I was wondering how these RUCs were captured

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.