Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Ad Expertly Trolls Angeleno Pronunciation Of 'Los Feliz' To Sell LAX To Mexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Ad Expertly Trolls Angeleno Pronunciation Of 'Los Feliz' To Sell LAX To Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
DL largely remains an insignificant afterthought for most people in L.A., despite all the advertisements, facility improvements, etc. Virtually all the studios and entertainment industry are in bed with AA and have been for the longest time.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
DL largely remains an insignificant afterthought for most people in L.A., despite all the advertisements, facility improvements, etc. Virtually all the studios and entertainment industry are in bed with AA and have been for the longest time.
Clearly much more than movie/entertainment industry in LA. DL may not have caught up to AA yet, but they've certainly grown substantially and have surpassed UA in recent years. It's not looking like any one airline is going to be truly dominant in LA any time in the near future.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
Clearly much more than movie/entertainment industry in LA. DL may not have caught up to AA yet, but they've certainly grown substantially and have surpassed UA in recent years. It's not looking like any one airline is going to be truly dominant in LA any time in the near future.
Yeah well AA (and to a certain extent TW back in the day) have long been the carrier of choice for premium passengers on both sides of the Bermuda Triangle. I mean it wasn't until late 2009 DL even offered a premium transcon product. DLs average fares are well below AA, DL carries low fare fodder in the passenger cabin and containerizes cargo below while AA focuses on the higher margin premium passengers and Priority Parcel that can be bulk loaded onto the 321T. Two different strategies, two different offerings. Like it or not AA is about to gain more real estate and further expand its leadership in Los Angeles.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 18sas
To my ear, the J, Y and LL are all pronounced the same in Argentina...
If you're really in tune in Argentina, the LL is pronounced Zha (like in pleasure) by the higher class folks, and Sha (like in shopping) by the common folk.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
And at what point do you look pretentious/ridiculous...like the other day talking to my husband's colleague flying JFK-ATL when she was just back from FCO and looking for future visits to Italy. 'Oh, you didn't get to the Amalfi coast, you must! CAH-pri is not to be missed', said w intentional sarcasm. It's like saying, 'we're just home from Venezia.' Who does that?
I don't understand. Are you saying you should intentionally mangle names just because other people are used to it?

By that logic, of course the state names are Ne-Vah-Duh and Or-Eh-Gone. Who cares what the people that actually live there think?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.