Routing for JFK-SVQ?

Old Feb 28, 17, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Travel with Pets
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Routing for JFK-SVQ?

I need to book a trip for later in the year from JFK-SVQ and DL does not service Sevilla, Does anyone have a suggestion for a Skymiles partner and the routing to use so I can earn my Skymiles and MQM's?
Old Feb 28, 17, 2:42 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
There is a DL codeshare on transavia from AMS-SVQ. DId you actually try booking in delta.dumb?
Old Feb 28, 17, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp View Post
I need to book a trip for later in the year from JFK-SVQ and DL does not service Sevilla, Does anyone have a suggestion for a Skymiles partner and the routing to use so I can earn my Skymiles and MQM's?
Delta has a codeshare with Transavia for service to some secondary Spanish destinations. JFK-AMS-SVQ with the last leg on Transavia would seem to make sense to me. I don't swear, though, that SVQ is covered by the deal. You should call Delta and ask them. The only other SkyTeam airline flying into Seville would seem to be Air Europa, via Tenerife, which doesn't help you.

Failing that, I flew MSP-AMS-MAD, and then went by train to Seville. There's a train from MAD airport to Atocha, and you can transfer to a high-speed train to Seville from there. So you could do JFK-MAD, and then train to Atocha and transfer to Seville.

Happy travels.
Old Feb 28, 17, 2:45 pm

Málaga is ~2 Hours away
Old Feb 28, 17, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvn View Post
There is a DL codeshare on transavia from AMS-SVQ. DId you actually try booking in delta.dumb?
Yes and they say it isn't supported by them or their partners.
Old Feb 28, 17, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nystateofmind View Post
Málaga is ~2 Hours away
I would have to fly to CVG and take a connecting flight to AGP. IMO I would be better off flying nonstop JFK-MAD and taking a high speed train to SVQ than having to worry and deal with a connecting flight.
Old Feb 28, 17, 3:31 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Yes and they say it isn't supported by them or their partners.
It's a DL-marketed flight, you will earn MQMs etc as if it were a normal DL metal flight.
Old Feb 28, 17, 4:19 pm

I would have to fly to CVG and take a connecting flight to AGP. IMO I would be better off flying nonstop JFK-MAD and taking a high speed train to SVQ than having to worry and deal with a connecting flight.
When are you looking, because I put in random dates for SVQ and nearby airports and Delta had a JFK-AGP nonstop on the dates I looked at?
Old Feb 28, 17, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

When are you looking, because I put in random dates for SVQ and nearby airports and Delta had a JFK-AGP nonstop on the dates I looked at?
It was in November, 2017 and I will have to double check.
Old Feb 28, 17, 5:57 pm

It was in November, 2017 and I will have to double check.
Never mind then as AGP is seasonal and I think has left the schedule by then
Old Mar 1, 17, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
Málaga is ~2 Hours away
I've done this option and highly recommend- it's 10 minutes from AGP to the train station and then the train drops you off in central Sevilla.
Old Mar 1, 17, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Never mind then as AGP is seasonal and I think has left the schedule by then
Originally Posted by jmertic View Post
I've done this option and highly recommend- it's 10 minutes from AGP to the train station and then the train drops you off in central Sevilla.
As nystateofmind mentioned it is no longer listed as a N/S in November.
Old Mar 1, 17, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
True, but still worth a 1 stop via CDG versus the weird flight timings of the AMS-SVQ codeshares
Old Mar 1, 17, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmertic View Post
True, but still worth a 1 stop via CDG versus the weird flight timings of the AMS-SVQ codeshares
As the N/S to AGP is seasonal I believe it is far wiser to fly N/S to MAD and take the high speed train to SVQ. I am going to a wedding and cannot take the chance of a weather delay screwing up my plans. If I leave a few days earlier I can land in MAD and enjoy a afternoon & evening there and then take the train the next morning and still leave a day before the event to hang out in SVQ. @:-)

That is unless of course someone has a "Plan B"!
Old Mar 1, 17, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
... If I leave a few days earlier I can land in MAD and enjoy a afternoon & evening there and then take the train the next morning and still leave a day before the event to hang out in SVQ. @:-)

That is unless of course someone has a "Plan B"!
my wife and I spent a couple days in SVQ last fall, and would go back in a heartbeat ... very friendly city with absolutely amazingly impressive architecture and history; great food and drink; easy to navigate on foot and by car

if you opt to drive to/from MAD rather than taking the Renfe high-speed train, there's a LOT to see -- Córdoba, windmills in the La Mancha district; Arcos de la Frontera and Jerez if you're willing to venture a bit farther south; the only caveat I'd offer here is that getting to the rental car return site at Barajas Airport isn't a trivial exercise

PM me if you'd like more info

Search this Thread
Search Engine: