Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

KL coded DL operated upgrade, not eligible

Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PE, HHonours Diamond, Turkish Miles & Smiles Gold, Marriott Titanium

I have a ticket I bought from Delta that is KL coded for the domestic US flights. As a PE it won't let me request EC or be put on the upgrade list for either EC or a first class upgrade. Anyway of changing that? The agents on the phone have not been able to do anything to change the situation.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
What's a "PE" ?
If it means "PM" there is nothing they can do until T-24, at which point they can add you to the upgrade lists.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Correct. Until T-24 when DL gets control you're basically on a KLM FLIGHT since it's coded as KL. Within 24hrs control switches to DL who then operates under the DL FLIGHT number.

Basically a codeshare is a carriers flight that they know they won't operate so everything is sent over to the operating carrier to reserve space on their flight that operates at the same time. However the operating carrier can't process cabin changes till T-24. Otherwise the KLM and DL system won't be in sync and KLM being the marketing carrier would prevail. (resulting in downgrade)
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:16 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
When DL takes control do they recognize a PM booked on the KL flight as a DL medallion for upgrade purposes?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PE, HHonours Diamond, Turkish Miles & Smiles Gold, Marriott Titanium
Many thanks for the replies.

(And yes I meant PM, sorry)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.