Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Arrivals Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Even with the fast pass or whatever they call it, you can wait anywhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes or more at Heathrow, especially if you arrive early in the morning with all of the other red-eye flights from North America.
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never waited more than a few minutes with Fast Track at LHR.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by acrophobia
I am a Delta DM. I will be arriving at LHR on an Upper Class fare on VA Saturday morning. I have an extremely long layover at LHR for a connecting flight to Delhi on Jet Airways. What will my lounge options be? Can I access the Virgin lounge in T3 given that I’ll be arriving on an upper class ticket?
The Revivals lounge is open until 1:30 pm. I like this lounge and would highly recommend it to you.

Another place which is relatively close to LHR is Windsor, a really neat town. The queen lives there on weekends.
MSPeconomist and acrophobia like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM
I second ND76's suggestion - take the transfer to T5 and then the 71 bus into Windsor. Eton on the other side of the river is worth a look too.
MSPeconomist and acrophobia like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ND76
The Revivals lounge is open until 1:30 pm. I like this lounge and would highly recommend it to you.

Another place which is relatively close to LHR is Windsor, a really neat town. The queen lives there on weekends.
Originally Posted by markbb99
I second ND76's suggestion - take the transfer to T5 and then the 71 bus into Windsor. Eton on the other side of the river is worth a look too.
Actually, I was the one who recommended Windsor:

3) Leave Heathrow and go to nearby Windsor. You'd have about 4 hours to see Windsor. Alternatively, you could take an Uber to nearby Runnymede and see the Magna Carta monument, walk the park and have lunch at the National Trust tea room before heading back to Heathrow.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Wow, thanks for all the advice above. Sorry I fell out of the loop on this thread; I got really busy with work. Anyway.... I’m at L’Atellier Joël Robuchon having lunch on my layover as I type. I’m pretty comfortable about getting back to LHR with plenty of time, but obviously don’t have a lot of time to do anything else in London today (which is fine because I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been here). So far I’m happy with my choice to leave the airport and thankful for all the tips.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I am a Delta DM. I will be arriving at LHR on an Upper Class fare on VA Saturday morning. I have an extremely long layover at LHR for a connecting flight to Delhi on Jet Airways. What will my lounge options be? Can I access the Virgin lounge in T3 given that I’ll be arriving on an upper class ticket?
If you're starting in the USA, I suspect that you're arriving on VS, not VA.

If you decide to use PP for the SkyTeam lounge, note that the last time I was there, the lounge has champagne but you had to request it from a staff member. I figured this out when I saw a bunch of champagne glasses but no bottle of champagne. There didn't seem to be a limit of one glass per person, and it was pretty good, although obviously not Dom, Krug, etc.
acrophobia likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never waited more than a few minutes with Fast Track at LHR.
Fast Track was 20 min this morning to clear border control leaving the airport. The Fast Track security line was a breeze when I returned to the airport.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Wow, thanks for all the advice above. Sorry I fell out of the loop on this thread; I got really busy with work. Anyway.... I’m at L’Atellier Joël Robuchon having lunch on my layover as I type. I’m pretty comfortable about getting back to LHR with plenty of time, but obviously don’t have a lot of time to do anything else in London today (which is fine because I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been here). So far I’m happy with my choice to leave the airport and thankful for all the tips.
Ugh. I was really hoping you would crawl the lounges.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're starting in the USA, I suspect that you're arriving on VS, not VA.

If you decide to use PP for the SkyTeam lounge, note that the last time I was there, the lounge has champagne but you had to request it from a staff member. I figured this out when I saw a bunch of champagne glasses but no bottle of champagne. There didn't seem to be a limit of one glass per person, and it was pretty good, although obviously not Dom, Krug, etc.
When was this? Last time I used it two years ago for an Air France flight to CDG the champagne was self-serve.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
In August 2015, there was an arrival club. Had a shower, could get clothes pressed, and have decent food.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When was this? Last time I used it two years ago for an Air France flight to CDG the champagne was self-serve.
It would have been a couple years ago. It was a morning flight, so maybe that made a difference.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spamkiller
In August 2015, there was an arrival club. Had a shower, could get clothes pressed, and have decent food.
Umm. Where have you been? There still is an arrivals lounge operated by Virgin Atlantic.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by spamkiller
The Delta operated and branded arrivals lounge at LHR T3 has closed. As HI mentioned, the T3 VS "Revivals" lounge is accepting almost everyone who qualified for access to the DL lounge. In my experiences, I think the Revivals lounge has decent showers, great spa services, and an excellent breakfast.
MarkP24 and emrdoc like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
The Delta operated and branded arrivals lounge at LHR T3 has closed. As HI mentioned, the T3 VS "Revivals" lounge is accepting almost everyone who qualified for access to the DL lounge. In my experiences, I think the Revivals lounge has decent showers, great spa services, and an excellent breakfast.
I assume there are recent DP's of this, so if I'm flying in D1, I can access the arrivals lounge, right?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I assume there are recent DP's of this, so if I'm flying in D1, I can access the arrivals lounge, right?
Yes. J passengers and DM/PM/not sure of GM get access. No guests included regardless of which method.
MarkP24 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.