LHR Arrivals Lounge?

Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Most legacy/full service carriers do interline with each other, so I'd be very surprised in DL and BA do not do so.
Delta has an interline agreement with British Airways:
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...nts--iet-.html
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
While you'd have plenty of time to leave the sterile area, if you don't want to your DL gold status and AF boarding pass (regardless of travel class) will get you into the skyteam lounge in T4 (where AF departs) which has showers. Note that when transiting at LHR, all passengers must reclear security (even though you won't have to clear passport control in your case). You'll also need to change terminals, (DL uses T3, AF uses T4) but this can be done using the airside transfer busses.
The Sky Team lounge, which Delta used until it moved all of its flights to the Virgin Atlantic terminal, is two floors and very nice. The food and drinks are more than sufficient for the 3 hours you'll spend inside, assuming, in the worst case, it takes 60 minutes to transit terminals and clear security. If you get lucky, the spa may even have an opening for its complimentary treatment.

Don't forget: Delta can check your bag, if you have one, all the way through to Paris so you don't have to worry about this in London.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:47 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
T4 skyteam lounge is nice but there's also the "view heathrow" observation deck in T4 which is great if you like planespotting. It's particularly good for watching landings on 27L.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I am a Delta DM. I will be arriving at LHR on an Upper Class fare on VA Saturday morning. I have an extremely long layover at LHR for a connecting flight to Delhi on Jet Airways. What will my lounge options be? Can I access the Virgin lounge in T3 given that I’ll be arriving on an upper class ticket?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
you will be able to use VS (not VA) revivals until approx 1 pm but this is landside so you'd have to clear UK immigration.

Jet Airways used T4 and so you won't have access to the VS CH
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:05 pm

You also will not have access to the T4 skyteam lounge (even though you're STE+) since neither of your flights are on a skyteam airline. how long is your layover? Are you in J on Jet (if so you can access the Etihad lounge).

Hopefully Jet will still be operating this Saturday.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by acrophobia
I am a Delta DM. I will be arriving at LHR on an Upper Class fare on VA Saturday morning. I have an extremely long layover at LHR for a connecting flight to Delhi on Jet Airways. What will my lounge options be?
How long is the layover? Jet Airways uses the Etihad Airways lounge, if you're in first-class. Otherwise, it's the Plaza Premium Lounge for business-class passengers. Here is a review from 2018 of the Plaza Premium. Do note that the sparkling wine isn't complimentary, according to this review.

If you have Priority Pass, you can access the Sky Team lounge. I'd pick the Sky Team lounge, which Delta used to use before it relocated to Virgin Atlantic's terminal.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
You also will not have access to the T4 skyteam lounge (even though you're STE+) since neither of your flights are on a skyteam airline. how long is your layover? Are you in J on Jet (if so you can access the Etihad lounge).

Hopefully Jet will still be operating this Saturday.
Thanks to all for the insight.

I’m on a Z fare (discounted J) on Jet. Will that get me into the Ethiad Lounge?

My layover is about 7 hours, which based on recent experience with London traffic and LHR security is a little shy of the amount of time that would make it worthwhile to go into the city.

I frankly wouldn’t mind if Jet wasn’t around on Saturday, because then my client would be forced to pony up to put me on a real airline!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:23 pm
Suspended

My layover is about 7 hours, which based on recent experience with London traffic and LHR security is a little shy of the amount of time that would make it worthwhile to go into the city.

I frankly wouldn’t mind if Jet wasn’t around on Saturday, because then my client would be forced to pony up to put me on a real airline!
Z is business-class, which Jet Airways calls "Premičre."

According to the airline's website, only first-class passengers have access to Etihad's lounge. But it isn't even Etihad's lounge anymore, as they gave up the lounge and outsourced it to the company that operates the No. 1 lounges. It is now called "The House." You can buy three hours of access for Ł40 ($53). If the alcohol is complimentary, you could easily drink $53 worth of champagne and then expense it to your company.

The ex-Etihad lounge is right across from the Sky Team lounge, which, as I said earlier, is accessible with Priority Pass. Do you not have a Priority Pass membership? The Sky Team lounge is two floors and has plenty of space. Self-serve booze and decent enough food. There's even a small Clarins spa with both complimentary and paid treatments.

So, I think you have four options:

1) Spend all 7 hours lounge-hopping. Start with the Virgin Atlantic arrivals lounge, continue onward to the Plaza Premium lounge (accessible with your Jet Airways business-class ticket), head to the the Sky Team lounge, if you have Priority Pass, and finish up at The House (aka ex-Etihad lounge). It would make an epic Flyer Talk trip report. You could drink a lot of champagne in 7 hours.

2) Go straight to the Plaza Premium lounge and spend your time there.

3) Leave Heathrow and go to nearby Windsor. You'd have about 4 hours to see Windsor. Alternatively, you could take an Uber to nearby Runnymede and see the Magna Carta monument, walk the park and have lunch at the National Trust tea room before heading back to Heathrow.

4) Leave Heathrow and take the Heathrow Express into London for lunch.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I’ll second the Heathrow Express suggestion. It takes 15 minutes from LHR to Paddington Station. You would have plenty of time for lunch and/or a walk in the neighborhood of the station or in nearby Hyde Park.
spamkiller likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum

Factoring in security, immigration formalities and the unknown, I'd be too stressed out to enjoy a trip to London.

Go to the VS Revivals Lounge. I had a great stay there during a layover last year. They have a great breakfast menu, showers, it's a relaxing place to catch up on work or the papers and relax for a couple of hours before moving on to T4.

In T4, I personally think the ST lounge has gone way downhill. Not familiar with the other options in T4.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Factoring in security, immigration formalities and the unknown, I'd be too stressed out to enjoy a trip to London.
Then he should also skip the Virgin Arrivals lounge since that would require him going through border control. Even with the fast pass or whatever they call it, you can wait anywhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes or more at Heathrow, especially if you arrive early in the morning with all of the other red-eye flights from North America.

He might as well take the connecting flight transfer and avoid border control. Hopping between the lounges in terminal 4 is fun. Plus, it would make for a great Flyer Talk post.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Go to the VS Revivals Lounge. I had a great stay there during a layover last year. They have a great breakfast menu, showers, it's a relaxing place to catch up on work or the papers and relax for a couple of hours before moving on to T4.
Same. Don't forget to ask for a spa treatment there too, something that most people miss at the revivals lounge.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Then he should also skip the Virgin Arrivals lounge since that would require him going through border control. Even with the fast pass or whatever they call it, you can wait anywhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes or more at Heathrow, especially if you arrive early in the morning with all of the other red-eye flights from North America.

He might as well take the connecting flight transfer and avoid border control. Hopping between the lounges in terminal 4 is fun. Plus, it would make for a great Flyer Talk post.
He does have SEVEN hours. I mean it’s not quite enough time to get to London and back without a lot of stress. But plenty of time to enjoy Revivals.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:37 am
Suspended

He does have SEVEN hours. I mean it’s not quite enough time to get to London and back without a lot of stress. But plenty of time to enjoy Revivals.
I agree, but if time is a concern then going to the Virgin Atlantic arrivals lounge could take up 3 to 4 hours. Say 45 minutes to 1 hour to get there, if lines at border control are long. Another 90 minutes at the lounge. Another 1 hour to get from the lounge and over to terminal 4 and through the Jet Airways check-in and security processes.

But yes, unless the person wants to go to Windsor or take the Heathrow Express into London for lunch then I recommend going to as many lounges as possible and posting on here about his experience, including pictures, so all of us can live vicariously through them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.