Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Arrivals Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. J passengers and DM/PM/not sure of GM get access. No guests included regardless of which method.
Thank you!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Umm. Where have you been? There still is an arrivals lounge operated by Virgin Atlantic.
They would not let me into the Virgin Atlantic lounge at the time. But, its been over 3 years since I was at LHR.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by spamkiller
They would not let me into the Virgin Atlantic lounge at the time. But, its been over 3 years since I was at LHR.
Is there an official published policy?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Is there an official published policy?
And I quote:
  • Delta One customers enjoy access to the Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge upon arrival, which offers showers, spa treatments, Wi-Fi, made-to-order breakfast items and clothes pressing.* When it’s time to depart, enjoy Upper Class Wing, a 10-minute transfer from your car (with private security and baggage service) straight to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, a stylish airport haven where you can kick back and relax.
  • Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members can reinvigorate after your flight to London in the Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge, featuring showers, spa treatments, Wi-Fi, made-to-order breakfast items and clothes pressing.* Before you depart, enjoy complimentary access to LHR’s Fast Track security lane and your choice of the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse or the No.1 Lounges, Heathrow for you and one (1) guest.
*Select amenities may be at additional cost. Access to the Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge is limited to eligible passengers only, as defined above. Guests will not be allowed entry into the Revivals Lounge.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...rtnership.html
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by spamkiller
this is when there was a DL-branded arrivals lounge. DL pax were not allowed into Revivals back then. But the DL lounge is gone now and everyone goes to Revivals.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:36 pm

Thumbs up

And I quote:
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat

this is when there was a DL-branded arrivals lounge. DL pax were not allowed into Revivals back then. But the DL lounge is gone now and everyone goes to Revivals.
Thank you both!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'll be at the Revivals lounge next Tuesday morning. Hopefully some flyertalkers will be there.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:37 pm

If I'm arriving in LHR from JFK in delta one but connecting to a BA economy flight in T3, will I be able to use the Upper Class Wing to go through security and the VS Clubhouse afterwards?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by dodgery1
If I'm arriving in LHR from JFK in delta one but connecting to a BA economy flight in T3, will I be able to use the Upper Class Wing to go through security and the VS Clubhouse afterwards?
No to both as you aren't departing on a DL/VS flight
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Smile

As you didn't specify if your BA flight is international, we can only presume it is as most from T3 are. You should stay airside the entire time. When you arrive at T3, follow the signs for international connections instead of going through immigration. Ensure you follow the signs specifically for T3. You will go through a security checkpoint and then sent to the regular airside section of T3 with all the duty free shops, restaurants and lounges. While you are technically not entitled to the Clubhouse, give it a shot. I know from experience the lounge dragons there are at least nice when denying access.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
As you didn't specify if your BA flight is international, we can only presume it is as most from T3 are. You should stay airside the entire time. When you arrive at T3, follow the signs for international connections instead of going through immigration. Ensure you follow the signs specifically for T3. You will go through a security checkpoint and then sent to the regular airside section of T3 with all the duty free shops, restaurants and lounges. While you are technically not entitled to the Clubhouse, give it a shot. I know from experience the lounge dragons there are at least nice when denying access.
There are a couple of dedicated threads on access to the Virgin Clubhouse at Heathrow:

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?
Virgin Clubhouse at Heathrow and Check in

Regardless, if someone really, really wanted access they could always buy a fully refundable ticket and then cancel the ticket once inside the lounge. Yes, this is improper. Yes, it's uncouth. And yes, it's against the rules. But with all that said, provided you haven't done this before and don't do it in the future, you probably won't get caught or face repercussions.

Alternatively, there are two lounges in Terminal 3 accessible with Priority Pass: Club Aspire and the No. 1 Lounge.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To clarify - all flights from T3 are international. Only T5 and T2 at LHR are capable of handling UK domestic (and RoI) flights.

The only lounge this particular questioner is qualified for is Revivals which would require them to clear the UK border to access. That may or may not be worth their time as they gave no indication of the times of their arrival and departure.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:25 am

My connecting flight is international: LHR-BCN departing at 12:55PM. I'm scheduled to arrive in LHR at 11:10AM from JFK, giving me a 1H45 connection.They are two separate tickets but I'm not checking any bags. Do you think this is enough of a connection window? I can change my connecting flight to be at 2:30PM instead but would rather maximize my time in BCN. Thank you!

There are a couple of dedicated threads on access to the Virgin Clubhouse at Heathrow:

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?
Virgin Clubhouse at Heathrow and Check in

Regardless, if someone really, really wanted access they could always buy a fully refundable ticket and then cancel the ticket once inside the lounge. Yes, this is improper. Yes, it's uncouth. And yes, it's against the rules. But with all that said, provided you haven't done this before and don't do it in the future, you probably won't get caught or face repercussions.

Alternatively, there are two lounges in Terminal 3 accessible with Priority Pass: Club Aspire and the No. 1 Lounge.
Thanks I'll check them out!

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
To clarify - all flights from T3 are international. Only T5 and T2 at LHR are capable of handling UK domestic (and RoI) flights.

The only lounge this particular questioner is qualified for is Revivals which would require them to clear the UK border to access. That may or may not be worth their time as they gave no indication of the times of their arrival and departure.
Got it, I don't have any interest in clearing the UK border just for the lounge. You are correct, my connecting flight is international: LHR-BCN departing at 12:55PM. I'm scheduled to arrive in LHR at 11:10AM from JFK, giving me a 1H45 connection. They are two separate tickets but I'm not checking any bags. Assuming I remain airside in T3, do you think my connection window is wide enough? I can change my connecting flight to be at 2:30PM instead but would rather maximize my time in BCN.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:31 am
Suspended

You are correct, my connecting flight is international: LHR-BCN departing at 12:55PM. I'm scheduled to arrive in LHR at 11:10AM from JFK, giving me a 1H45 connection. They are two separate tickets but I'm not checking any bags. Assuming I remain airside in T3, do you think my connection window is wide enough? I can change my connecting flight to be at 2:30PM instead but would rather maximize my time in BCN.
Personally, I'd switch to the 2:30 p.m. flight because 1 hour and 45 minutes isn't much time if there's a delay on the inbound flight. Plus, you seem like you want to avail yourself of a lounge, which presumably includes taking a shower and maybe changing your clothes after an overnight flight from the United States.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On separate tickets you are NOT connecting. You have no protection for your LHR-BCN ticket and BA won't just rebook you onto the next available flight (unless you have the right fare bucket but there are other conditions to that as well) so try and change it to the later flight now if that's what you want - paying any change fees and fare differences.

You're still not going to get access to the VS CH though! You will have to use a pay to enter such as the No 1 lounge at T3.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Apr 2, 2019 at 11:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.